@kate @cellar door se ju definitely killed marco in the game or there is another player we don't know of that marco and se ju killed and so he killed marco and is now haunting se ju, the question for me remains, did se ju know about that issue in the game and when also where is he physically and what made him call MR. cha a bad person to him he should be just a buyer

there could be another wild guess. i am being crazy here but what if at such a high level in Granada they fight a very bad NPC one that is actually as powerful as these special NPC like MR. Cha. idk it's so far and so crazy but more plausible than the dead NPC characters attacking for the fun of the game, they aren't ghosts it's a rigid NPC that has one purpose.  

@dramaworld I'd say Se Joo might have known about the "bug". Some people say that if he knew he would now kill Marco in the game knowing the consequences, but I'd say he would in self defense. If it's either you or someone else, you will fight back. And that would fit Mr. Cha knowing about the bug. He would still want to produce the game, Marco would not have any problems selling it, and Se Joo would be in moral dilemma. BUT I don't think Mr. Cha would want to fight Jin Woo knowing about the bug. It was heavily hinted that he regretted whatever happened between him and Jin Woo. Sure, he wanted to win over him in terms of success but I don't think he would be willing to risk Jin Woo's life. 

About other players: we know all the players, so it can't be it. There are only 3 players with high levels confirmed: Master, Jin Woo, and Marco. If there was other strong player, they would show in the rankings that the company have and we saw in last eps. 

I am really curious about that blue eyed character in the game from the train scene and whenever he is "normal" NPC, Marco, Se Joo or maybe he is embodiment of the game itself, created by the game to fight the players (if we go with the idea that the game has it's own consciousness) 

@kate wouldn't it be hard for him to know about such a bug if only two played and never went through the whole player dying thing?

if MR. Cha knew about the bug then most certainly tried to kill jin woo with that fight, he maybe even saw it as the perfect crime and his only way to win since jin woo confirmed he'd give him the lenses over his dead body. 

since we know the writer well i am very inclined with the game having consciousness but i don't want it to be a jumanji like thing 

@dramaworld with mr. Cha I do not think he is/was evil. He was shady for sure and had HUGE complexes but I don't think he would go as far as killing Jin Woo. Also he needed those lenses for the game, but he already lost the game, Jin Woo bought the rights, so him killing Jin Woo to get his hands on the lenses don't make sense since he would still not have the game. 

It's either all: Marco, Se Joo and Mr. Cha knowing about bug, or none of them (or only Se Joo, since he was the one that created the game in the 1st place). And I would rather go with this scenario: None of them knew about the bug in the initial parts of the negotiation. after Marco and Se Joo's fight and Se Joo finding out about the bug (since Marco's NPC would hunt him) he told Mr. Cha he can;t sell the game and about the bug (maybe promising Se Joo he would fix the bug for him, they would work on it somehow. Probably not really believing him tho. He wanted the game and he would have no problem entertaining some madman's illusion to get it). Se Joo said Mr. Cha was a bad person coz even knowing about the bug he was willing to buy and produce the game. He didn't want to sell it to Mr. Cha but he might if Jin Woo won't help him. Since it's the life or death situation. It would not make Mr. Cha a bad guy willing to kill Jin Woo, since he would simply not believe in a bug like that in the game. 

Also, thanks for all the replies and theories, it's fun to exchange ideas like that hahaha

@ kate yeah am also having fun :)

i am more inclined that non of the three knew too but it's a theory worth thinking about. i don't think se ju saying that Mr. Cha is a bad man was about the bug, it seemed something more fundamental, he said he's abad person after all.  i also don't think that se ju had any ideas about not selling the game after knowing of this bug, his call to jin woo was to sell after all and he was being chased at that moment. if anything there's a whole day missing where we don't know what happened or how things evolved,

P.S i've been thinking about the alliance with the secretary, they can't break it but what if they choose to be enemies and then, well not kill each other. idk but i had a feeling that marco and se ju were in an alliance and became enemies in a fight.. 

Also one more thing the 'A' guy at the start I thought he would turn as a villain but now I'm actually getting used to him lol I still think he'll play some kind of role in all of this..

I AM SO CONFUSED BY EP 9 LOL I am glad I was at least partially right (Master being Se Joo, Se Joo killing Marco, Marco hunting SeJoo, Se Joo wanting to sell the game asap hoping the company will be able to fix the bug) but now after 9th ep I am more confused than ever! Let's update some shit before 10th ep:

> Granada is a shithole. For some reason even NPC characters can kill you. Not only that, they are literally "programmed" to attack and get rid of the players. The moment you are out of Granada, you are "safe". 

> IF you die in Granada (only being killed by NPC, but that includes NPC created by dead players), you are being "moved" to a prison? Or just a place where you held "dead" players. Se Joo was there and now secretary dude is there. JinWoo is going to go there to safe Jung Hoon. Maybe you can escape if other player takes you place. Hence Se Joo is free and back with Hee Joo after secretary died. The writing that shows up in preview then Jin Woo goes down the stairs is "Dungeon entrance" so it would make sense. Players who lost in the game are kept in dungeon... SO what I am saying, Se Joo might have baited Jin Woo to come to Granada either to save him from dungeon or to replace him. 

> WHY IS THIS SHIT HAPPENING IN GRANADA THO? I get that this is where the game was created and all, but I don't see why it would happen only there...? Especially since we know it was not like that one year ago. Did the game evolved? 

>EMMA IS BACK AND I CANNOT BE MORE HAPPY! The question is still there tho: who is she? Is she just a connection between Jin Woo and Hee Joo or is she something more plot wise? 

I cannot wait for 10th ep, I might not sleep tonight waiting for the ep and eng subs hahahaha

UPDATE AFTER 10TH EP: I want to die.

Now what I think: Jung Hoon > dead. His NPC helped Jin Woo safe Se Joo. Jin Woo and Se Joo got back to Seoul together. That's it. I am not even in mood to think about other stuff, I am mourning. Jung Hoon the cute puppy did not deserve shit like that. I'd rather see Se Joo go, than Jung Hood...

i am so angry 

how could the writer do this :'(

watching his NPC help jun woo was the saddest thing ever.

however i think the interactive part of the game evolves, the granada server first evolved with that bug when marco died and then when Mr. Cha died and a year after the game updated  that bug to all NPC. this is so stupid if it's just about that then each server can evolve. but how can you stop? do you try and shut the game server of the granada part? i think the game is even in people subconscious now. 

one thing for sure what happened to the game in granada is very likely to happen in seol. i still can't find an answer to how se ju physically disappeared. the only thing that comes to mind is either the game is too strong it has it's own dimension and it took it's creator to it (he did has some weird graphs on his desk) or he has some cheating codes to the game that he used to hide himself but it backfired. 

One thing I don't understand is, why do they still want to release the game? It's dangerous! I mean cha died, chanyeol disappeared, and we have that glitch where mr cha keeps appearing, also jin woo almost died too because of the game. I thought they would cancel everything 

There's one thing I don't understand, marco and se jung are the ones who developed the game, they are trying to sell it for mr cha or the company, BUT, how come jin woos company still have access to it? He even had the lens and he could play the game even before meeting se jung 

Yume:

There's one thing I don't understand, marco and se jung are the ones who developed the game, they are trying to sell it for mr cha or the company, BUT, how come jin woos company still have access to it? He even had the lens and he could play the game even before meeting se jung 

am guessing you speed watch?! 

se ju sent an email with the game info and everything to jin woo, it was shown and mentioned repeatedly. Mr. Cha and se ju having the lenses was the questions others asked but some answered that marco and Mr.Cha are too manipulative and can probably obtain one by "other" means plus it was shown in ep 1 in a tv report that it was released in a conference by jin woo's company and both him and Mr.Cha argued about it before their first duel.

Yume:
why do they still want to release the game? It's dangerous! I mean cha died, chanyeol disappeared, and we have that glitch where mr cha keeps appearing, also jin woo almost died too because of the game

again if you watched eps 9 and 10 withno skipping you could see that no one believed him and the people in charge thought he crazy and even jinwoo himself thought being crazy was the more likely option until secretory seo saw it, by then it became clear to jin woo that he can either solve this by himself or just find away to prove it to people since no one would or did believe them. 

Ok I just watched ep 9 and 10 so now I understand that part, also yes a bad habit of mine is to fast forwarding oopsie

But thanks for explaining! 

This drama is so addicting! U

Yume:

One thing I don't understand is, why do they still want to release the game? It's dangerous! I mean cha died, chanyeol disappeared, and we have that glitch where mr cha keeps appearing, also jin woo almost died too because of the game. I thought they would cancel everything 

Jin Woo needed the game to keep developing so he can find Se Joo. He talked with Park Sun Ho that the company needs to keep working on the game, but delay the release date until he finds Se Joo. Basically he wanted the game to still be "on" but without involving other people in the game play. That said, in last ep he wrote a message to Sun Ho that IF something happens to him and he won't be able to rescue Se Joo, they need to "destroy" the game, and we saw in the preview that Sun Ho actually listened to Jin Woo and told his staff to turn the processor for the game off. 

So it's not only the company to believing Jin Woo. He himself wanted the game to be worked on for his own "gain" but he did not want it available for the public. 

Haven't watched the most recent episode, but I seeing how this is all developing, the game maybe can't be removed without Se Joo's help. Or at least disappear from Jin Woo's reality. The company turning off the game probably won't do anything, or at least nothing for the situation in Granada. One thing I really would like to see explained though is how people actually die from the game, just justifying death ingame resulting in death irl by saying it's ''magic'' would be really dull.