Blue Orchid Blossom:

I felt like some scenes in the drama could have been better too but I loved the ending and the CP ❤ 

Lmaoo right we be greedy but its okay ^-^ tbh Story of Kunning Palace should have had 40 eps with two whole eps for a happy ending bc we deserve it. the leads actually got together only during the last few eps :/

For WOL  THE THING THAT I HATED THE MOST WAS HOW THEY CONCLUDED THE RECYCLABLE BLOOD SPITTER WITH A BGM IN BACKGROUND WHEN I WAS WATCHING IT I WAS LIKE ARE YOU CREATORS BEING FOR REAL... YOU all made us hate nd despise him so much so at least give him a deserving way of dying to satisfy but they pulled that trash move I was totally pissed nd at lini also like he just forgot that he did so much damage nd he just saw him lying nd moved forward like the heck :-0.. Nd I was kinda pissed at all the unnecessary Melo at end before the good happy end ep I wanted ruthless conclusion from them to the recyclable blood spitter but what I got was pure bias. Lol sorry this is Sokp page but I just couldn't hold back cuz WOL would have been among my favs also if not for all that and regarding Sokp Yeah I was very sad why not use the full slot limit of 40 instead of 38.. 8 eps of rom is way better than 6.5 :-/

Finally had a moment to catch up and thank you all for your various insights.  I love that I learn something new but that some of my own observations are confirmed.  THANK YOU ALL!

Good insights!THANKS!

I have uploaded some photos of SOKP appreciation event, you can check the photo gallery here: https://mydramalist.com/719227-ning-an-ru-meng/photos

The Novel text link for SOKP given here .. Is it AI translated? (eg by Google Translate??)

It just reads so garbled and messed up?

Is a properly translated version available?

The language teases you with much beauty .. but the English is mangled .. Or I don't know .. why cant I make sense of it?

koreanbosuji:

The Novel text link for SOKP given here .. Is it AI translated? (eg by Google Translate??)

It just reads so garbled and messed up?

Is a properly translated version available?

The language teases you with much beauty .. but the English is mangled .. Or I don't know .. why cant I make sense of it?

Here's another translation I can find online: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/585008/story-of-kunning-palace/ Most of these novels are translated by Ai.

Ah .. I thought so.

It sounded SO much like how AI translated text appears when you are going through Instagram posts written in a language you do not know ;-p and click on "translate"

thank you so much.

I am still reading the 'bad AI' because I can sense the terrific beauty of the expressions and how it is written (structurally and the metaphors used are just amazing).

Ill check this link too.

I really love your portrayal on the couples' storylines and characters. It is very good and beautiful! Thanks a lot for putting your effort in evaluating the above. Would read more of your future posts/write-ups! :-)  

Radeon:

I really love your portrayal on the couples' storylines and characters. It is very good and beautiful! Thanks a lot for putting your effort in evaluating the above. Would read more of your future posts/write-ups! :-)  

Thank you !!! \(^o^)/ ❤️

DramaDuchess:

Thank you for this!

No worries!

Comment for pin-up (please ignore).

Thank you so much for this and all the effort you put in, such a good read!!!! love it ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Now I understand why JXN has that dream about XW at the end! wow. and omg just imagine if we actually got that novel scene in the drama where current life ZZ says to JXN "Your Majesty" 

This is just my opinion so don't take it as facts or anything, but I feel like XW is such a complex character, you can't judge him only on the parts of himself that he chooses to show others, you have to look deeper. When you understand his trauma, and the determination, fear, and insecurity that comes with it,  you will see the true intent behind his actions. He is a broken man who feels love so strongly for the FL, but doesn't know what to do with it, so it just continues to build up and build up, until it overtakes him and rushes out like a torrent of raw passion that he can't hold back. All the good and bad emotions associated with love are on display here, which is why he is so rough and seems "toxic" on the surface level. Maybe throat grabbing and forced kisses are unforgivable, but don't forget that he isn't in a healthy mental state either, while also being desperate for the FL. IMO the truly toxic character here is past life YL. Unlike past life YL, XW knows that the feeling between them is mutual. He doesn't cross the line by forcing her to sleep with him either (not even in the past life, when she tries to seduce him). He holds himself back (albeit barely, but he manages!) until she gives her consent. It would be so easy for XW to overpower JXN and force himself on her, just like past life YL did so many times. But he doesn't want that, he wants her love, not for her to fear him. There is no doubt that JXN loves XW, she admits it multiple times, and even promises him the future, yet she was not ready for marriage with him. The playing dead tactic at the end might look like gross manipulation to get her to agree to marriage, but I saw it as him giving her a taste of his own feelings/fears about JXN. He doesn't want to lose her to anyone or anything, in his mind marriage will bind them together forever. When JXN felt that same fear of losing XW, she was finally ready to take that next step. Besides, it has always been this way between them... JXN is stubborn, scared, and plays dumb while XW is frustrated and desperate, trying to get her to face her feelings. In ep 38.5, I loved JXN's speech about knowing and accepting all of him and I was sooo glad that she said that she would teach XW how to love someone properly. It drives home the fact that even though XW feels love deeply, he doesn't actually know how to express it in a healthy way. I misunderstood him at the start, but now he's one of my fav characters ❤️ 

Thank you for your looooong comment! ❤️❤️❤️I'm glad you understand XW, some watchers don't like this drama because they think he's toxic and JXN was forced into the relationship. It's one of my reasons to write this long article to share more details of the novel. The novel's writing style is pretty implicit and subtle, a bit hard for machine to translate the deep meaning. Especially XW's love for her is hidden in the lines. He's one of my fav characters too! ❤️

CloudA:

Thank you for your looooong comment! ❤️❤️❤️I'm glad you understand XW, some watchers don't like this drama because they think he's toxic and JXN was forced into the relationship. It's one of my reasons to write this long article to share more details of the novel. The novel's writing style is pretty implicit and subtle, a bit hard for machine to translate the deep meaning. Especially XW's love for her is hidden in the lines. He's one of my fav characters too! ❤️

good thinking! it's a shame for them to misunderstand such a great character 

❤️ you did a great job (: