I  just wanted to create a list of all the episodes that especially stood out.

Wether it be showcasing the leads love and/or sweet moments or plot points done exceptionally well.

Personally, i haven't finished watching yet but I actually liked episode where XW tells JXN that she is an unrefined jade, i feel like that conversation was one of the first turning points in JXN's perception of him.

i love jiang xuening but honestly, that unexpected part where xue shu pulled reverse uno card to her family and become a king's consort is seared on my mind. 

also that part where xiewei desperately asking jiang xuening to die with him there.. 

ymynym:

i love jiang xuening but honestly, that unexpected part where xue shu pulled reverse uno card to her family and become a king's consort is seared on my mind. 

also that part where xiewei desperately asking jiang xuening to die with him there.. 

Fr fr which is why I respect most of the characters in the show even while hating them 

ymynym:

this reverse uno is soooooooo unexpected. I thought it was game over for Xue Shu, but comes with a twist! I actually like this twist

I like episode 11 and 15 scene between Marquis Yan and Xie Wei. Man, Marquis Yan's eyes just speak everything! Also their reunion at episode 33 is so touching

I agree on the two scene too :
~ Yan Li

~ Xue Shu twist (pissed me off with the Emperor HUGELY .. like WHY!! HOW!!)

ymynym:

I agree, I loved this! It doesn't feel good to win against a dumb villain anyway, it's better to make them smart. 

Honestly this drama has no filler episode and all characters brought something unique and had interesting dynamics but my favourites were the one where the ML looks into the FL’s lead and tell her that nothing compares to her (not his revenge, not the throne, not the world) and sacrifices his hand. I felt goosebumps.

The other one was the flashback at the end showing the ML’s desperation in the previous life that prompted him to end his life with the FL’s hairpin. This was so powerfully symbolic and revealing - this is when I realised that he had actually loved her then and was never driven by power the way people thought as he just couldn’t find any purpose in life now that she was gone. I stil think about this scene a lot.

@Minoucha

You gave ME GOOSEBUMPS!!!

I NEED to asap fix a 3rd rewatch date .. and see everything I missed noticing :-O

Thanks for the lovely response ..

Reminds me of LLTG ..

ZLH - LYX
God-like in their acting talent .. to bring SUCH intensity to the roles ..

And Bai Lu is Goddess of course. She know how to temper her roles and NEVER look CHEESY.

I liked so many episodes and soooo many moments, I loved Kunning Palace so much, so I'll just mention a few of my top favourite moments. 

1. Episode 15 - Xie Wei bowing to his ancestors in the Yan family ancestral hall with Yan Mu really touched my heart. If we could have 20 more episodes I would love to develop his relationship with the Yan family even more. The acting of both here was really brilliant and the story of a long lost child finally returning home really touched me and I definitely shed a few tears during this scene. 

2. Episode 24 - This was such a small thing, but after Xuening realises that it's unlikely Zhang Zhe would forgive or understand her behaviour in the first life, she doesn't go in his carriage, but instead goes in Xie Wei's carriage. Even though she is scared of Xie Wei, I feel as though she subconsciously gravitates to him and trusts him implicitly. He's sort of the one person that she doesn't have to hide her real self around and can discuss things with more candidly. I thought she would travel alone, considering she was the only woman there it would have been totally normal for her to demand the carriage to herself, so I was surprised to see her with Xie Wei, but I could tell she felt safe with him. 

3. Episode 30 - is probably one of one of my ultimate favourites. The princess's marriage is epic, and alongside Xue Shu's punishment of Xuening it was so heartbreaking. Then of course the scene where Xie Wei carries Xuening into the carriage and she cries on his shoulder. It was so lovely to see her confide in him and him trying to comfort her. I rewatched this scene so many times and really felt the emotions. I think the actors did a great job in this scene. Then of course the-forehead-kiss-that-shall-not-be-named was a pretty hilarious scene. We love Jiang Boyou. 

4. Episode 31 - In my opinion the romance is in full swing here, I know it was subtle but the fight at the start of 31 was Xie Wei confessing his love for Xuening. He said if you don't Xue Shu, I'll punish her, if you want fun, I'll have Xue Dingfei accompany you, tell me what you want and I'll do it. He was completely accepting her troublesome nature and even encouraging it ?. At this point, I felt he would have done anything to see her happy and full of life again. I really enjoyed this scene. And following that, the unforgettable drawing on neck scene. I have no words- It was amazing, The chemistry! 

I can probably think of a million more things to be honest! But let's leave it there for now ???

@louiserackster 

Enjoyed reading ?

Made me remember.

Am going to go for a third watch at some point 

And I also want to applaud Bai Lu. I had never been a fan prior to this drama but after watching countless dramas with A list actresses, I have really come to respect her as she truly gives her ALL. Like, she lives and breathes her character...I never once get the feeling that she holds back or tries to look pretty or is self conscious. It is VERY rare for an asian actress to come across that way in dramas (Ni Ni and Zhang Ziyi are smilar). She truly kisses her partners, genuinly shows emotions and passion. I feel the despair and desire and it is so refreshing as a viewer as it makes the romance so much more credible (rather than the ML having to do all the flirting).