Let me tell you the true symbolism of “Iguazu Fall Lamp”.  It is not there without any meaning behind it. 

It is a sing of powerlessness in face of nature and the future of their relationship, the inevitability of the deterioration of Rain and Phyau relationship. Also, it is the passion they possess that falls ahead forward and spirals downward towards an uncertain end, just like the never-ending Iguazu Falls.

The Falls, are the main symbol in world outclass director Wang Kar Wai’s legendary film, “Happy Together”. watched that film back in 2006, when it was just 11 years old, and I could barely understand anything, though it was already considered one of the greatest films in history and the best of Asia, it has gone down in my memory like it has just came out yesterday. I still remember the rawness, originality and insane coloring that made it eternal for me.

It is also regarded as one of the best gay films that turned Leslie and Tony overnight stars. My love, Leslie, may he find his peace, leaves a short but a legacy that surmount his great artistic style and passion for his craft and yearning of freedom that was stolen from him by toxic people around him.

So I was surprised to see that such series used Iguazu falls lamp as a metaphor to their story, and it holds the weight people failed to noticed.

omg thanks for the explanation! i love happy together but i was confused as to why the lamp was featured here hehe

Thanks so much for the insight! I do not know anything about Iguazu Falls, but it's clear that the symbolism is intentional as it was in Happy Together. But wow, the terms that you used "Deterioration" and "Uncertain end" really sounds bleak and you posted this before Episode 10 was released! I'm still hopeful for a happy ending..... 

Thanks for writing, I'm going to watch the movie "Happy Together". It dawned on me in this 13th episode that the lamp and the waterfall play a big role not only in the relationship between the two boys Rain and Phyau.
It was already known when Dr. appeared that he wanted to kill the family. it was also certain that Rain was not certain to die... or perhaps...  ???
A fact that whether the parents are alive or dead, the two older boys cannot have a real happy ending. The gloomy mood of the music always suggested this. I think the question is whether the two younger ones have any chance for life, for a life together. It's not the funnest series of the year, but every week I can't wait to see the next one.