This an example of of Li Changge's continous growth in intelligence even as the series progresses.

Concerning that secret letter from Li Changge to Li Si Min, mentioned in E39, I just wish to re-construct something that both HappyBirdEgg and myself wrote, in response to a question by Richaliya who asked how come Changge could do much without any positional authority. We wrote separately, yet came to pretty much the same conclusion.

Now, the drama has never shown us that letter. But we know from E39 that Changge wrote it. Shuyu ask her if that was the case, and she said yes. And that letter was written by Changge was read by Li Si Min (this was stated by Shuyu). How did Li Si Min know that it was from Changge? We felt that at that time, people could read the handwriting of others who are close to them. Li Si Min spent many good year with Li Changge. It would not suprise us that he could read Changge's handwriting and knew that this letter was indeed from her, even if it does not carry official seal of any kind (as Changge did not have any official position in Tang, once she left for the grasslands in E15).

And from an earlier episode, Du Ruhui had already reported to Li Si Min that Changge is alive and well. Hence, Li Si Min had no reason to believe that this letter did not come from her. Both Ru Hui and Li Si Min knew that Changge would never harm Tang, hence Li Si Min knew that Changge had good intention to form the peace alliance.

So Li Si Min sent Shuyu as the peace envoy to Mobei, to discuss the forming of the peace alliance, to counter the growing threats from Ashile Troops.

We both felt that this shows just how smart Li Changge was. She took a gamble and it paid off. She was willing to gamble that her uncle can read her handwriting, and that he would agree to her plan of forming the peace alliance. And his sending of Shuyu to Mobei was a confirmation of him giving her blessing to her plan.

We felt that this is the way the screenwriters wanted to portray Li Changge, that as the series progresses, Changge will get smarter and smarter. And her ability to come up with this complex scheme shows just how smart she has become.

All the three men in E39 - AS, Pusa and the King of Monan, were seated there with her. But none could up with a plan to counter YiCheng. It was Changge who did. She was so smart, even Pusa would later exclaim, I am so glad I am your friend, and not your enemy.

I just want to type this comment, in case it might be useful if someone asked just how smart was Li Changge, and who was it who conceived the peace alliane between Tang and the Desert tribes of Monan and Mobei. Not only did she conceive the plan, she will also execute it, going as Mobei Princess, along with the four others (Shuyu, Mimi, AS and the princess of Monan) to Chang'An, to negotiate peace with Li Si Min.

Very well conveyed WK1!

I just wanted to add one comment which Pusa made which impressed me and made me in awe of Li Changge.. He says that 'since the moment I have met you, it is like you are in charge and everything is going according to your plan'. This coming from the Prince of Mobei where Changge volunteered to be a kind of hostage to ensure peace between Mobei and Monan and to save the Eagles division (first from the plague and then from being massacred by the Turks). 

I want to add to your post. E39, 25 min. 16 sec into the video. Even the king of Monan was impressed by Changge. They were all wondering if Tang will ever want to be part of the peace alliance, wondering if Changge's plan will ever work, and answer came fast and swift. King of Monan would exclaim, Changge is no ordinary woman.

Same episode, 24 min 50 sec in, when AS was depressed because Ya Luo died, and he also could not protect the great Khan, Changge made one simple sentence in that conversation that I was thought was so comforting to him. "Don't be confused. I am here for you." 

We often marvel at AS saving Changge physically many times, but here, while AS was depressed and in mental anguish, Changge was there for him. She is such a strong strong woman, despite being young. She was able to console, to comfort a boy friend who is 5 years older than her.

Less we forget, she was also the one who came up with the plan to rescue Ashile Sun in E48. It was indeed quite a complicated one, because there were many soldiers there. Not only must they save AS from the execution, they needed to the exit route, so that they can escape from Ding Xiang.