Honestly I have been thinking how the ending would be throughout this drama and I think the ending I’ve been theorizing is better! 

My ending: the queen and king died for the country, and then jang bong hwan’s soul goes back to its original body. And kim so young’s soul goes back to her body. Kim so young and her “brother” gets together. Jang bong hwan suddenly realized that kim so young is his past life and that is why he entered her body. Thus, he thinks that the king’s reincarnated person is somewhere in the modern times. and so he starts searching for the person whose past life was the king. They finally met! THE END lol 

No need to make an ending in my case. Just follow the original drama, ez.

i'd like to go with the ending of the original work (the novel that this drama is based on). in there, BH stays in the past and lives happily ever after with CJ. :)

I was expecting the end to be different.  Since her soul is supposed to be dead already. Considering he possesses So Yong's body, the king did fall in love with his strong positive personality. Bong Hwan as So Yong lived with Cheoljeong and had a baby as a successor. After a few years, when their son is old enough to be 'voted' as the new ruler, they depart in a their own house outside the palace, were they were killed, and only then he was able to go back to his body. Learning that, he was not a different person from So Yong, but an actual reincarnation of hers.

And where they'll be showing Jang Bong Hwan's present since he is the main character of this story. He wasn't given to much of his own background story like the people in the palace. The only thing I know about him is that he's a high class chef, a playboy, and that's it.
So I was kind of hoping to see JBH, seeing the people from the palace into his own present, as reincarnation of themselves, having the same personalities with different lifestyles. And the king, is reincarnated into a girl as Seo Ji Hye, that possesses his same personality, and is planning to run for presidency. He and she fell in love completely, once again. Then he'll be the First Gentleman of the Blue House of the Republic of Korea.

The end.

Omg yes! The king reincarnated into seo ji hye!!!! Omg omg perfect lol 

Crystalrm:

Omg yes! The king reincarnated into seo ji hye!!!! Omg omg perfect lol 

Why is Seo Ji Hye here?? lol

Lydia Henning:

Why is Seo Ji Hye here?? lol

1. Read the previous post by dramanogu
 Crystalrm:
  1. Read the previous post by dramanogu

I read it. 

Lydia Henning:

I read it. 

Seo ji hye was with the actor that played the king in “CLOY”

Crystalrm:

Seo ji hye was with the actor that played the king in “CLOY”

I know. It would be nice to see Alberto + Seo Dan connection. I loved Kim Jung Hyun and Seo Ji Hye together in CLOY.

I won't change the ending as much. However, it would be nice to have Jang Bong Hwan and the reincarnation of the King meet again in the present and continue their love story.  Yes, as both men!  

After all, one can argue that both Cheol Jeong and Jang Bong Hwan fell in love with each other when JBH was still in the Queen's body,

Mr. Queen spin off as a BL/LGBT genre.  How I wish it can happen!

Yep, the ending has a fundamental problem, the personality the king fell in love with is gone for the most part, but the drama kind of ignores that. 

I don´t think it is necessary to have BH remain in the past, especially since most of the romantic attraction was due to So-Yong´s feelings (at least that´s how i understood it) but it could have been a better conclusion.

MiyamotoMusashi:

Yep, the ending has a fundamental problem, the personality the king fell in love with is gone for the most part, but the drama kind of ignores that. 

I don´t think it is necessary to have BH remain in the past, especially since most of the romantic attraction was due to So-Yong´s feelings (at least that´s how i understood it) but it could have been a better conclusion. 

Yeah, mostly I have a problem with the ending because the king never knew what happened. I am annoyed that the king was just left in the dark. The king even said he felt something empty when BH left..... 

I liked the endings in the chinese version.

I tried to fix it and write my own version of what SHOULD have happened had the writers been smart and gone along with the actual happy ending in the original Chinese novel.

My version of the ending: https://archiveofourown.org/works/29565723

Basically a fix-it fic where So Bong stays in Joseon, accompanied with art of Cheolbong as a family (with kids of their own lol) done by Arishatistic. Art can be found here: https://twitter.com/arishatistic/status/1362873374352035846?s=21