Since I really loved Coffee Prince and You're Beautiful, I really want to watch more dramas with a crossdressing / gender bending theme (it doesn't necessarily have to be Korean).

Any recommendations please? (・∀・)

Merged with Bakakoro's post:

I am looking for any genderbender dramas that I might be missing. I find these fun and enjoyable, I think i have seen most of them but if you know of any please list them, or if you would like to comment on any please do so.
Here is my list so far and a quick thought about them.
(Green = LOVED) (Orange = LIKED) (blue = in between lol) (Red = DIDN'T LIKE)

UP-COMING
Hana Kimi (Korean version) (2012) - Will give this one a shot.

ONES I'VE SEEN-
Hana Kimi Remake (Japan 2011) - Was *ehh* shrugs shoulders - not much to say. Nothing was added to make this special. Not really sure why they remade it so soon.

Ikemen Desu Ne (2011) (J-version remake - you're beautiful) - Was cute, nothing really stood out, especially after having seen the other version. I think if I hadn't seen the original I would have liked this more, but still well done.

Ouran High School Host Club (2011) (J) - Was disappointed. Liked female lead and most of supporting cast, didn't like male lead. (i really wanted to like this one too) I did like the sort of looney-toon animations that they used - I thought that was cute.

The Tempest (2011) (J) - I liked this but it seemed too rushed. Like they tried to put too much story into only a few episodes. I like Yukie as an actress and thought she did a pretty good job of switching back and forth.

Secret Garden (2010) (K) - LOVED IT! While not a "true" gender bender I included it because of the body swapping! This was a really well written story. I laughed, I cried, I keep hearing "Kim Soo Han Moo..." Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won were phenomenal! Their mannerisms while in the opposite bodies were beyond perfection!

Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010) (K) - really good, well done and well paced. Like the theme of women bucking tradition to better themselves or their society.

You're Beautiful (a.k.a. He's Beautiful) (2009) (K) - Well done, enjoyed this one. Cute story and funny.

Mendol (2008) (J) - started 1st ep twice, couldn't really get into it, might give it one last try?

The Painter of the Wind (2008) (K) - currently watching - BEAUTIFUL, really well done. Main actress is adorable, I love her eyebrows lol (very expressive) and the cinematography is really pretty.

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (2007) (K) - One of the first I ever saw! Liked this one too. Cute story and well acted. It's always funny to watch the male leads question their sexuality >.<

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (a.k.a. Hana Kimi) (2007) (J) - Was enjoyable, cute and funny. Definitely think this is the best of the two Japanese versions.

Hanazakarino Kimitachihe (a.k.a. Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu) (2006) (T) - HYSTERICAL! (but then I might be biased because I really like Ella) Loved the slapstick throw back feel of this one!

Boku to Kanojo no XXX (2006) (J) - Again even though body swap, I included this. Kinda campy - so bad it's ok - if that makes sense?

Princess Princess D (2006) (J) - Really didn't care for this one at all .

My Bratty Princess / Mischievous Princess (a.k.a. Diao Man Gong Zhu) (2005) (C) - This was cute, it's the only C one I have seen - I know there is a sequel to this one but I haven't seen it yet.

I would also consider dramas where the main actor's sexuality is questioned.

Personal Taste (2010) (K) - The male lead pretends to be gay so he can live in the house of a famous architect. I thought Lee Min Ho did a really good job. I like that they didn't sink to over the top stereotypes.

Down With Love (2010) (T) - Female lead is mistaken as lesbian (somewhat stereotypical because a lot of it is based on how she dresses). Again, I like Ella, and I think she and Jerry had good chemistry. Story was cute.
fivepeas wrote: Since I really loved Coffee Prince and You're Beautiful, I really want to watch more dramas with a crossdressing / gender bending theme (it doesn't necessarily have to be Korean).

Any recommendations please? (・∀・)

Sungkyunkwan Scandal..i loved it..i have a feelin u will too :)
Agree fully with above two posts.
There is always Hana Kimi - although I prefer the Japanese version, I still don't mind the Taiwanese version. I haven't watched Mendol Ikemen or My Bratty Princess but heard they are ok. Haven't watched Painter of the Wind but believe it is really sad.
Thanks guys, I'll check them out! ^^
all the ones said so far
Ouran High School Host Club :)
The manga was great, I can't guarantee for the drama, though am going to watch it....whatever happens...even if Yamamoto s playing my precious Tamaki (T_T)
Glippenlymn wrote: Ouran High School Host Club :)
The manga was great, I can't guarantee for the drama, though am going to watch it....whatever happens...even if Yamamoto s playing my precious Tamaki (T_T)

i saw the trailer and it looks good : DDD I think it might be a hit XD tho i'm still not convinced by the main actress...
KlarkDibling wrote: i saw the trailer and it looks good : DDD I think it might be a hit XD tho i'm still not convinced by the main actress...

TRAILER??? WHERE??? PLEASE!!! POST!!! or PM!!! ONEGAI!!!
mkhmmzov wrote: TRAILER??? WHERE??? PLEASE!!! POST!!! or PM!!! ONEGAI!!!

Na du!!!! I want to see a trailer!!! *excitedly searches world wide web*
Aww thanks Hava!

Btw, Yamamoto Yusuke, though not what I pictured Tamaki to be, is totally adorable in that interview. Especially the end. :D
I would recommend the Orriginal Hana Kimi! <333 Still love it.

I was really worried till I seen the interview you posted. Yusuke-kun is enough for me to watch it but Daito-kun too! He is sooo cute.

YAB: I really don't like Kis-My-Ft2, there acting that is... Yaotome Hikaru-kun also is a bit eh? inexpierenced? I don't know why but they always seem to put people in rolls that I don't think they fit. Hikaru-kun is hard for me to look at as a guy to crush on since I watched him grow over the years..
I am looking for any genderbender dramas that I might be missing. I find these fun and enjoyable, I think i have seen most of them but if you know of any please list them, or if you would like to comment on any please do so.
Here is my list so far and a quick thought about them.
(Green = LOVED) (Orange = LIKED) (blue = in between lol) (Red = DIDN'T LIKE)

UP-COMING
Hana Kimi (Korean version) (2012) - Will give this one a shot. On hold or dropped I think?

ONES I'VE SEEN-

K-POP - The Ultimate Audition (2012) (K) - Starts out alright but the ending is a miss-mashed badly edited disaster.

Hana Kimi Remake (Japan 2011) - Was *ehh* shrugs shoulders - not much to say. Nothing was added to make this special. Not really sure why they remade it so soon.

Ikemen Desu Ne (2011) (J-version remake - you're beautiful) - Was cute, nothing really stood out, especially after having seen the other version. I think if I hadn't seen the original I would have liked this more, but still well done.

Ouran High School Host Club (2011) (J) - Was disappointed. Liked female lead and most of supporting cast, didn't like male lead. (i really wanted to like this one too) I did like the sort of looney-toon animations that they used - I thought that was cute.

The Tempest (2011) (J) - I liked this but it seemed too rushed. Like they tried to put too much story into only a few episodes. I like Yukie as an actress and thought she did a pretty good job of switching back and forth.

My Bratty Princess Spinoff/Unruly Qiao; Royal Johnson (2011) (C) - If you like the first one you will like this. Very similar and cute.

Secret Garden (2010) (K) - LOVED IT! While not a "true" gender bender I included it because of the body swapping! This was a really well written story. I laughed, I cried, I keep hearing "Kim Soo Han Moo..." Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won were phenomenal! Their mannerisms while in the opposite bodies were beyond perfection!

Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010) (K) - really good, well done and well paced. Like the theme of women bucking tradition to better themselves or their society.

You're Beautiful (a.k.a. He's Beautiful) (2009) (K) - Well done, enjoyed this one. Cute story and funny.

Otomen (2009) (J) - This is cute, no cross dressing but characters that go against sterotypic gender rolse. The guy really loves cute things and the girl is strong.

Mendol (2008) (J) - started 1st ep twice, couldn't really get into it, might give it one last try?

The Painter of the Wind (2008) (K) - BEAUTIFUL, really well done. Story and cinematography are breathtaking. Main actress is adorable, I love her eyebrows lol (very expressive) and the cinematography is really pretty.

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince (2007) (K) - One of the first I ever saw! Liked this one too. Cute story and well acted. It's always funny to watch the male leads question their sexuality >.<

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (a.k.a. Hana Kimi) (2007) (J) - Was enjoyable, cute and funny. Definitely think this is the best of the two Japanese versions.

Hanazakarino Kimitachihe (a.k.a. Hua Yang Shao Nian Shao Nu) (2006) (T) - HYSTERICAL! (but then I might be biased because I really like Ella) Loved the slapstick throw back feel of this one!

Boku to Kanojo no XXX (2006) (J) - Again even though body swap, I included this. Kinda campy - so bad it's ok - if that makes sense?

Princess Princess D (2006) (J) - Really didn't care for this one at all .

My Bratty Princess / Mischievous Princess (a.k.a. Diao Man Gong Zhu) (2005) (C) - This was cute, slapstick and fun.

I would also consider dramas where the main actor's sexuality is questioned.

Personal Taste (2010) (K) - The male lead pretends to be gay so he can live in the house of a famous architect. I thought Lee Min Ho did a really good job. I like that they didn't sink to over the top stereotypes.

Down With Love (2010) (T) - Female lead is mistaken as lesbian (somewhat stereotypical because a lot of it is based on how she dresses). Again, I like Ella, and I think she and Jerry had good chemistry. Story was cute.

MOVIES
Yes or No (Thai) - REALLY adorable!
He's a woman, She's a Man (1994) Hong Kong - Old but good!
Who's the Woman, Who's the Man (1996) Hong Kong - mediocre

STILL WAITING- and wanting lol
Tiamo Chocolate - subs got dropped :( Watched the first 13 eps and it was cute
Happy Michelin Kitchen - waiting for subs! Don't even know how many eps to look for 22? 32? ARG!

ON HOLD -
Yellow Ribbon Love aka. Boy and Girl - got stuck around 14 - was kinda cute til then
Eternal Happiness - stuck at 24 but that's b/c I have no time atm lol cute show though