So I've decided to give Japanese dramas a try. Since this will be my first J-Drama I need some help navigating the waters :2 So could someone recommend some Romance/Action dramas/Historical? :)
I haven't seen any historical Japanese dramas (I am planning to start Taira no Kiyomori, but I'll admit is not because of the story, but three of the few Japanese actors I like are in it.

Romance...eh...hmmm...Well, this Nagareboshi is sort of romantic, but you have to let go of Korean romance (which is awesome even if I OD on it sometimes...lol)

I did like Liar Game (but I've been wondering lately if it was solely because Matsuda Shota. I sure can't stand the female lead to this day...lol But I did learn to tolerate her)

I also liked Love Shuffle

Buzzer Beat has some romance in it too.
Really? You've never seen a J-Drama? I thought everyone started with them. Hm, romance.. I highly recommend Zettai Kareshi, it's one of my favourite Dramas. For action I recommend Bloody Monday. And of course 1 Litre Of Tears. It's a must watch! :)
1. Hana Yori Dango - a classic 2. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - if you enjoy silly/sweet comedies 3. Nodame Cantabile - many people seem to love it ---- Screw Romance and watch: 1.LIAR GAME 2.Kurosagi 3.The Quiz Show 2
LisNoir wrote: I haven't seen any historical Japanese dramas (I am planning to start Taira no Kiyomori, but I'll admit is not because of the story, but three of the few Japanese actors I like are in it.

Romance...eh...hmmm...Well, this Nagareboshi is sort of romantic, but you have to let go of Korean romance (which is awesome even if I OD on it sometimes...lol)

I did like Liar Game (but I've been wondering lately if it was solely because Matsuda Shota. I sure can't stand the female lead to this day...lol But I did learn to tolerate her)

I also liked Love Shuffle

Buzzer Beat has some romance in it too.

I'll think about that Romance drama it sounds kind of iffy... I need something epic as my first J-Drama that isn't based on a manga -_-
Bara no nai Hanaya - It's more of a family drama but it is really good.
hmm if raven is a male maybe in Romance department...Densha Otoko will do....and the male lead's ugliness is no problem lol, i hope he watches anime for better fun.
qiche wrote: Really? You've never seen a J-Drama? I thought everyone started with them. Hm, romance.. I highly recommend Zettai Kareshi, it's one of my favourite Dramas. For action I recommend Bloody Monday.
And of course 1 Litre Of Tears. It's a must watch! :)

Nope. I started with Korean. :)
Raventhedark wrote: I'll think about that Romance drama it sounds kind of iffy... I need something epic as my first J-Drama that isn't based on a manga -_-

Romance is....eh....different in Japanese dramas. You will have to let go of Korean type of romance <3 when watching one...lol

I only watch Japanese dramas when I'm getting diabetic from all the sugar in Korean ones...lol But now I have Iris...so yeah...lol

And almost all mentioned are based on mangas...lol
Raventhedark wrote: So I've decided to give Japanese dramas a try. Since this will be my first J-Drama I need some help navigating the waters :2 So could someone recommend some Romance/Action dramas/Historical? :)

Traitor :p
LisNoir wrote: Nope. I started with Korean. :)

Na du :D
RainFlower wrote: Traitor :p

LOL, yeah. But if he watches one, he will able to say "I told you so"..lol Although from just watching a clip is easy to tell...lol

RainFlower wrote: Na du :D

High Five!
LisNoir wrote:

And almost all mentioned are based on mangas...lol

do japanese drama writers are lazy to do an original screenplay? lol

oww btw.... Densha Otoko is not based on manga.......but based on true event =)
qiche wrote: Really? You've never seen a J-Drama? I thought everyone started with them. Hm, romance.. I highly recommend Zettai Kareshi, it's one of my favourite Dramas. For action I recommend Bloody Monday.
And of course 1 Litre Of Tears. It's a must watch! :)

Nope never seen one :2 Sick of love triangles, and Zettai seems a bit Kinky lol 1 Litre doesn't sound very interesting to be honest... Bloody Monday I might give a try :)

Szasha wrote: 1. Hana Yori Dango - a classic

2. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - if you enjoy silly/sweet comedies
3. Nodame Cantabile - many people seem to love it

----
Screw Romance and watch:
1.LIAR GAME

2.Kurosagi
3.The Quiz Show 2

I haven't even finished Boys before flowers so I can't start Hana. There's an anime that had the same plot as Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge so I don't think I can get into that either... Nodame I can't do. If I was going to watch School romance I'd rather it be an anime >_> Liar Games although most people like it looks so damn corny that I can't even fathom watching it :( Kurosagi sounds interesting like Robin Hood. I might give that a try :) The quiz show 2 maybe...

"Bangs head against the wall" This is a lot tougher. I wish half the J-Dramas didn't look so corny
Raventhedark wrote: Nope never seen one :2 Sick of love triangles, and Zettai seems a bit Kinky lol 1 Litre doesn't sound very interesting to be honest... Bloody Monday I might give a try :)

I haven't even finished Boys before flowers so I can't start Hana. There's an anime that had the same plot as Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge so I don't think I can get into that either... Nodame I can't do. If I was going to watch School romance I'd rather it be an anime >_> Liar Games although most people like it looks so damn corny that I can't even fathom watching it :( Kurosagi sounds interesting like Robin Hood. I might give that a try :) The quiz show 2 maybe...

"Bangs head against the wall" This is a lot tougher. I wish half the J-Dramas didn't look so corny

Jajaja...yeah. They do look corny. And also they don't have shiny video quality like Korean dramas, so they look older than they are...I'm just telling you so you are prepared...lol

Zettai Kareshi is based on a manga...lol