Can anyone recommend which of the high kick series are worth watching in your opinion?  I have a distaste for watching long dramas followed by horrible endings, so hopefully at least one of them doesn't suffer from that stigma.

The three of them are good, fun and very comedy.
For me, I like  1&2  more than 3, but 3 also consider very good.
Also, Potato Star is from the same producer and has the exact same comedy style.  It's really good, but it does have a bad ending :(

As for High Kick, I really like the first one.
I've only watched the first one, but I would highly recommend it! Sure, it has a big number of episodes, but they are only about 20 minutes per episode. so it is not that long. It is so funny that my stomach hurt from laughing. Although it's funny, there are also some serious topics and scenes, so it's not only comedy but also some drama (though the comedy is a lot more). The characters are really interesting. There are quite a few characters, but they are all connected in some way and it doesn't really take long to get familiar with them. They can be quite stereotypical, but I thinkt that this adds greatly to the comedy.

Have fun watching :)
The first season is the best~ All the characters are lovable and the plot flows nicely even with the episodic format.

The second wasn't too bad either but the format was a bit more... drama-ish? I preferred the episodic first season. Also, many people greatly disliked the ending but I was fine with that. However, have to say I didn't like the stuff involving Shin Se Kyung - neither the character or actress.

The third season didn't really catch my interest at all. Still haven't watched more than few episodes.
I would also recommend the first season Unstoppable High Kick wasn't just comedy but had sprinkle of other genre too. the second season is the worst one for me the actors wasn't as good plus it went from a comedy to a really long melodrama with a horrible ending. the third season has to much over the top comedy and all actors has like a catch phrase so it feels like watching Gag Concert.