I'm trying to get my 13 year old cousin to try out some dramas. I wanted her to try an episode of Boys Over Flowers since that's the only drama that came to mind for her age I think. Alot of what I watch I don't think would be interesting to her. Any suggestions?
What first comes to mind is You're Beautiful. My niece is 14, and she really loved it. Err, I'm drawing a blank on anything else...

Oh! To The Beautiful You is currently airing, but it looks like something a 13 year old would enjoy. And on the Japanese side, there's Hana Yori Dango and Hana Kimi. Ah, sleepninja got them ^_^
I'm thinking something Japanese would be better for her now that ya'll mention them. Like Mei-chan no Shitsuji but You're Beautiful would be good also. Thank you for the suggestions!
There's also the Japanese version of You're Beautiful, Ikemen Desu Ne.
I always forget about Ikemen Desu Ne! I've never seen God of Study but sounds like it would be good for her. I'll have to keep these in mind next time I talk to her.
Maybe Dream High. I'm 13 and I enjoyed it.
Sleepninja wrote: Hana Kimi

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Mei-chan no Shitsuji

Hana Yori Dango

Hope that helps. :)

I second all of the above, also you can try Gokusen, Dragon Zakura, Dream High, Samurai High School, Hot Shot, Skip Beat!, Lovely Complex, Ghost Friends. And not to limit yourself to school dramas, maybe some action/adventure? Iljimae (although it's so sad at the beginning), Bloody Monday, Tokyo Dogs ( I think I would like those when I was her age- but what do I know, I grew up watching Jackie Chan's action movies with my brothers)
And you can always try Nodame Cantabile... just saying... ^_^
I second Hana kimi, Hana Yori dango, and you're beautiful. Also you could try Coffee Prince (i see you also havent seen it so it would be a two for one, its an amazing drama) and playful kiss (I think this one would be pretty good for a 13 year old).
I guess it depends on if you want her to watch a lot of romances at her age (I'm sure she's into that now) or if you want her have more friendship, mystery, action adventure or fantasy and/or innocent romance type shows. If you are thinking romances I would go mostly with strong female leads for sure as you don't want her to have that wimpy girl in love syndrome (as in "I'll put up with abuse and do anything it takes for my man to like me", type of crap). There are always exception to the hot and spicy rule (cause I like em like that - you're beautiful and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge are examples of hot and spicy guys that don't annoy me because you get to see a lot more from the guys prospective in these and know what their thinking where as in shows like goong and playful kiss where almost all is from the girls prospective and you rarely know what the guys are thinking and they just come across as butts. And yes, I have several listed below that fall under the hot and spicy category, I couldn't help it. Here's my list, I think most of it's pretty decent stuff.

Teenish with little or no romance
Baby and me
Death note(based on anime)
Death note the last name(based on anime)
L: change the world (death note) (based on anime)
Bloody Monday
Ghost Friends
Punch
Dream High (I haven’t seen but heard it was good)

Teenish with mostly innocent romance
lovely complex (based on anime/manga) Honestly I didn't really like this as a live action but the anime was pretty good
Skip beat(based on anime/manga)
Ouran High School Host Club(based on anime)
Mei-chan no Shitsuji (based on anime/manga)
Marmalad Boy(based on anime/manga)
Ikemen Desu Ne or You're Beautiful
Hana Kimi (not sure about anime but for sure based on a manga)
Buzzer Beat(based on anime/manga)
K-POP-the ultimate Audition (only watch a few episodes but the girl is a strong lead)
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (based on anime)
Hana Yori Dango (based on anime/manga)

Older but fairly safe romance
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Tamra, The Island
HeartStrings
Rooftop Prince(only seen half of them so far)
Usagi Drop (based on anime, not so much on the romance but it was cute)
Smiling Pasta
Nodame Cantabile (haven’t watched but heard it was ok) (based on anime)
Protect the Boss

There are more but this is just what I came up with that a 13 year old might like. I watch mostly romances myself so I don't really know too many appropriate ones that have action and adventure stuff but I know they have them. Also when I was that age I watch a lot of mystery shows and there are a lot of those in the Asian section also, even some that are kinda teenish.
Hope that helps.
All of that helps! Thank you! I hope she likes some of these.
I'm 14 and I love Dream High ! You can try Heartstrings and Secret Garden too I guess since most of my friends (also 14) and I love that ! :)
This may be late sorry, but I am a 13 yr old and I LOVELOVELOVE Korean dramas. Here's a list of some good ones that I enjoyed. Dream High (second one is okay, but first is MUCH better) City Hunter (a little bloody at times) Faith (I LOVELOVELOVE Lee Min Ho and I LOVEDLOVEDLOVED this drama!!! Hahha I know, I'm a little crazy...) Goong The King 2 Hearts (a little creepy and bloody at times but overall pretty good) My Princess Secret Garden (this one is a little bit more mature then all the rest. It takes place with adults, so there is definitely more kissing and stuff like that. But, it's a great comedy and one of my favorites) Boys Over Flowers (definitely good) and I've heard that Rooftop Prince is good, but I've never watched it. Also heard that Playful Kiss is good but also never watched it. Hope this helped! :)
I'd be wary on some of these mentioned. There is violence and gore and if she can't handle those avoid them because Asians don't play with violence and gore lightly. Especially since she's 13. Hana Kimi is a good silly one.