PrettyBrown_Eyes wrote: Gah! I'm trying to get my English friend into dramas as well, she usually watched stuff like Vampire Diaries and The Tudors, she pretty much up for anything but so hard to get her into it...I've managed to get her to watch a korean film, Blind, don't know if thats a good choice but I thought a good thriller could help her get into a drama. Dont want to throw her in the deep end straight away! Even though I suggested Bridal Mask its too heavy for a complete beginner!

If she likes Vampire Diaries I would try Little Girl K, Secret Garden, Vampire Prosecutor or from japanese Bloody Monday..for movies try Quick, The Man From Nowhere, Rough Cut
Dramas that I've noticed as a dramas that are good to get new people hooked: Hana Kimi, You're Beautiful, Mary Stayed Out All Night and Samurai High School
I think you should make her watch I need romance because this show is the closest to the american ones:D
I think your best bet would be I Need Romance 1 and 2. Maybe A Gentleman's Dignity. They're the closest you can get to sex and the city in a Korean drama :3