Ok so I'm plotting to get my sister in law into dramas or at least try them, she is sort of stuck at home right now and have a lot of free time on her hands so it might be a right moment. Last time when I visited her she asked me about some k-pop videos I once showed her, so I want to link her some dramas as well. To describe her: She's 25 years old and a very sassy person. As for Western shows she likes stuff like Pretty little liars or Sex in the city and generally chick flicks. She likes when female characters are stylish (well, that's what she appreciated in pretty little liars) and she likes cute guys ( I'm hopeful about it) , although throwing her something with fully-fledged flower boys (in shiny shirts and with make-up) might a be a bit too much for the beginning. I was thinking: maybe City Hunter - but the first episode might be a bother (well, the cuteness of Lee Min Ho is the weapon here and you need to watch a bit to see him). So I'll appreciate some more suggestions. I'd rather recommend her something I myself am familiar with. Please help?
Do you speak about japanese or korean Dramas? Does it matter at all? :) And is she good at english? Maybe even her native-language? Because that´s the problem I have while wanting to show my Dramas to family.....
I don't think it matter if it's Japanese or Korean (she wouldn't see the difference anyway). She is not a native English speaker, but she did learn English (in her school they need to pass a LCCI Bussiness English exam and she did manage that) - actually she wants to improve her English, because it's a helpful skill for her (for work and stuff), so I'm planning to use that as an argument that watching dramas with English subs might help her.
Okay that´s a good argument :) What do you think about Kimi Wa Petto then? I am not sure but partly it´s fitting in your describtion:)
Mirichan wrote: Okay that´s a good argument :)

What do you think about Kimi Wa Petto then?
I am not sure but partly it´s fitting in your describtion:)

That is a very good idea, thanks Miri ^_^
Maybe Hana Yori Dango, or the korean version of that drama i think it managed to get many people addicted.
Maybe Love Shuffle... or Yamato nadeshiko Shichi Henge (very cute guys in this one). Don't know if it helps.
@ Aphrodity actually I was wondering about HYD, but maybe it's a bit too extreme for a complete beginner? I rather go with safer choices. @ SumitheCat Love Shuffle might actually work. Thanks!
Elisabetta wrote: That is a very good idea, thanks Miri ^_^

Glad I could be of help :)
This is a Sex and the City type, sort of..
watashi-ga-renai-dekinai-riyuu
When I was introducing my sister to asian dramas one of the first shows I watched with her was Bloody Monday. I wanted to show her something that was more thriller and suspense. I didn't want to start with a romance since those usually have the main girl and guy acting in ways that would seem really strange to someone who has only watched american shows. I think City Hunter is a good choice! It has a little bit of everything: action, suspense, drama, romance.
Elisabetta wrote: @ Aphrodity actually I was wondering about HYD, but maybe it's a bit too extreme for a complete beginner? I rather go with safer choices.

Oh, I have to agree with you, I don't think HYD is a wise choice for a complete beginner. I guess it might be a bit too much for somebody who's not accustomed to the asian way of making dramas/TV series. HYD was my very first drama and I dropped it after 5 minutes - it was just too strange and different for me and everything seemed so exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, I love this drama to pieces, but I could properly appreciate it only after some time.
Elisabetta wrote: @ SumitheCat Love Shuffle might actually work. Thanks!

You're welcome!
Maybe A Gentleman's Dignity? It's hilatious and sassy and it has a Sex in the city vibe too it! :) And the wardrobe of almost every character is awesome!
I'd suggest : I Need Romance (2010) (kdrama) - a fun, romantic comedy, comparable to Sex and the City but it is substantial and original enough on its own. Flower Boy Ramyun Shop - funny, cheeky, Jung Il Woo is a delight, colorful characters and plot. The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry - funny rom-com that has a foundation on female friendships. :)