I've been in a drama slump after watching Just Between Lovers, so I'm hoping to get over it by watching dramas that are similar to it.

Are there any melodramas out there with nice chemistry between the leads and the whole story isn't over the top in trying to make you cry?

On the Way to the Airport - very different plot and story from JBL, but it is same melodrama genre and same tone. Plus the chemistry between the leads is so palpable and riveting.

Czakhareina:

On the Way to the Airport - very different plot and story from JBL, but it is same melodrama genre and same tone. Plus the chemistry between the leads is so palpable and riveting.

Aren't they also committing adultery?

Czakhareina:

Thanks! I'll check it out

jak:

Aren't they also committing adultery?

It is an affair drama. I usually dont like those types of dramas, because i think there is no excuse for such cheating in whatever form and reason. but the chemistry and pull between lee sangyeon and kim hanuel was soooo riveting

Eudrya:

I've been in a drama slump after watching Just Between Lovers, so I'm hoping to get over it by watching dramas that are similar to it.

Are there any melodramas out there with nice chemistry between the leads and the whole story isn't over the top in trying to make you cry?

But if you are looking for a melodrama, someone same tone as JBL and OTWTTA, with very good chemistry, and not too much crying yet not an affair drama, try the Taiwanese drama Autumn Concerto

Moon Embracing the Sun is an interesting historical melodrama. They do get a happy ending, but it took a circuitous route... Tragic ends for the second leads.

@above: Thanks for the recommendations! I've added them to my list and will check them out once I finish Secret Garden^^

I'm always up for an engaging melodrama, but I'm usually a little disappointed by the time they end.

Two that did not disappoint me were 2013's "Secret", and this year's "MoneyFlower".

I think Marriage Contract has good melodrama and the chemistry between the leads is good and also between the male lead and the daughter of the female lead.