I am with you.  If the story is not gripping, I dont want to watch it.

Here are the ones that fit your requirements and  I believe are worth your time:

Healer

My mister

The bridal mask - this was a total surprise! I'm on eps 24 and it is amazing.  The first few eps were a little slow , but after the main character becomes the bridal mask it was non stop action with a great story.

Happy watching...

Gia:

I am with you.  If the story is not gripping, I dont want to watch it.

Here are the ones that fit your requirements and  I believe are worth your time:

Healer

My mister

The bridal mask - this was a total surprise! I'm on eps 24 and it is amazing.  The first few eps were a little slow , but after the main character becomes the bridal mask it was non stop action with a great story.

Happy watching...

It seems Healer was recommended by several people here. I will definitely check it out.
Regarding Bridal Mask, i did try it for few episodes, i couldn't get into it. I will probably have to return to it, if you say that it becomes really fantastic.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Just Between Lovers - A sad romance story that isn't just about the romance. The main leads has both gone through some heavy traumas that has left them in a broken state but they slowly piece each other together. (Drama / Romance) 

Save Me - It's about a cult and it gets darker for every episode. A couple of guys who were bestfriends when they were young discovers that an cult is controlling the whole city and that the cult has kidnapped one of their previous classmates. (Thriller / Mystery / Suspense) 

I agree with you. I can't do pretty faces and crapping acting/ meh story line which #sorrynotsorry S.K. is hella guilty of. They do have some gems tho:

• Secret Love Affair
  • Come and Hug Me
  • Save Me
  • Mistress
  • Misty 
  • Money Flower (last 30 mins of the final epi suck but the drama was fantastic)

I see Healer being mentioned a few times and for me it falls into that pretty faces/ meh storyline column. Nothing about it is gripping and if you read the comments section (here and other sites) its just people blabbing on about JCW lol I watched it to see what the fuss was about and finished it very disappointed.

Missing 9: the plot is quite interesting . 

Moorim School: also another interesting plot with little romance and hard working cast

Mad Dog: has a pretty steady plot.

Save Me: dark aura kind of drama , very strong plot with a light distinct feeling.

@Bora 

Hence my wording - "impression". I am not even calling it an opinion, i have not enough proof for one, that's why i came here to ask for recommendations because it feels like actually good shows are buried deeply under all the most popular stuff. And by saying "beautiful face" i just meant that a show feels like it is a promotion for a lead actor and not the other way around. I don't care about surgeries or physical beauty. 

Sorry if i offended you, i had no such intention.