Watch Ashes of Love, it is similar to Eternal Love but personally I feel that the plot, chemistry, characters, and CGI for AOL are better than Eternal Love. Fu Yao in my opinion is quite different with more focus on politics, etc. 

@mjf314 Give it a try, you might like it cause General and I the main girl is very intelligent and strategist. However some people don't like angelbaby so idk.  But since you're a male( asumming in the profile) idk if you like romance but there also fighting in the battlefield  

Legend of Fu Yao ends an absolute mess, like no resolution for any of the characters except the fl and the ml. As much as I loved the cast because most of the were in TMoPB, I wouldn't recommend it. The story itself isn't as strong and what I mean by that is it lags a lot; dozens of episodes go by with not much happening. Unlike TMoPB, which to me at least, didn't have this problem.

I added Ashes of Love after reading the synopsis thinking it might be another TMoPB plus the reviews for it were pretty much all positive. I only lasted 4 episodes -_- With these long dramas the beginning always tends to be confusing and it takes awhile to get into it. Ok I get that, but with this one I really couldn't get into it. The story from what I had seen was boring and the characters were dull as rocks or annoying af.  I went back to the reviews and found a bunch from people who actually finished it and said it was nothing special. I put it on hold with the hopes of maybe picking it up again but if I don't- who cares.

@shotasidepart I agree with you about Ashes of love, for some reason I cannot get into it and lasted about 7 episodes. 

Vietgal505:

@mjf314 Give it a try, you might like it cause General and I the main girl is very intelligent and strategist. However some people don't like angelbaby so idk.  But since you're a male( asumming in the profile) idk if you like romance but there also fighting in the battlefield  

I agree that the female lead character in that is intelligent, but I feel the role was wasted on Angela Baby since she has just one expression. It was so frustrating watching her keep the same look on her face on all scenes. I dropped it.

@Ackery: Thanks, but I've watched all of those movies.  I watched the trailer for Bloody Romance and it looks like it might be interesting.

@Vietgal505: I'm not sure if I would like romance dramas.  I guess Scarlet Heart had some romance, but that's not the main reason why I liked it.  I also liked the Korean drama You Who Came from the Stars, but it's a mixture of several genres.

I like some romance movies, for example In the Mood for Love (and everything else that Wong Kar Wai directed), An Autumn's Tale, Suzhou River, Secret, My Left Eye Sees Ghosts.

mjf314:
If I disliked Eternal Love, is Ashes of Love worth watching?  I'm hesitating to watch it because I'm worried they might be similar, but I don't want to let one drama ruin the xianxia genre for me.

I'm ok with fantasy settings, but I disliked nearly all of the characters in Eternal Love.  I thought Ye Hua was stupid, I didn't like the way he treated Bai Qian, and I thought their lack of communication was annoying.  I disliked Bai Qian because she held grudges for things that were her own fault.  I thought the villains were 1-dimensional and didn't have believable motives.  Does Ashes of Love have similarly annoying characters, or does it have better characters?

I dropped both Eternal Love and Ashes of Love for similar reasons. I watched 47 episodes of TMoPB before finally dropping it, and 31 episodes of Ashes of Love despite knowing that the ML and FL would "mutually cultivate" in a few episodes (I was originally planning to at least try to get that far, but when I reached the halfway point it just wasn't worth it to keep going).

I enjoyed Legend of Fu Yao. Although there are a few parts where the ML has to keep secrets from the FL, there are also parts where they communicate well or (one of my personal favourite things) understand each other clearly without having to say anything at all. This scene, for example, was one of my favourites. I'd put it in my top five favourite historical Chinese dramas.

ShotaSidePart:
Legend of Fu Yao ends an absolute mess, like no resolution for any of the characters except the fl and the ml.

I have to admit I didn't care about any of the characters apart from the ML and FL (that's usually the case for me), but as far as I remember the SML and his love interest had a happy ending?

AH :

I have to admit I didn't care about any of the characters apart from the ML and FL (that's usually the case for me), but as far as I remember the SML and his love interest had a happy ending?

Yea they get together but remember the final battle where everyone was fighting-well did anyone survive? Then "somebody" just fell off a bridge- did he survive? You may not care about the secondary characters but I do and others do too seeing how they were pissed off at the ending as well.

ShotaSidePart:

Yea they get together but remember the final battle where everyone was fighting-well did anyone survive? Then "somebody" just fell off a bridge- did he survive? You may not care about the secondary characters but I do and others do too seeing how they were pissed off at the ending as well.

Maybe I missed something, but as far as I remember, only Seven died? I liked Seven, but I didn't feel upset by his death. The writers never made me think he might get a happy ending romance-wise so I didn't feel tricked, and his sacrifice was honourable. It didn't seem like a terrible way to end his story. I will agree that all the final battle scenes weren't great and the ending certainly could've been better.