I've been watching Romance is a Bonus Book and really liking it. Any where the ML and FL are childhood/best friends and the ML has to watch as she's gaining feelings for another man. Eventually she realizes she loves the ML as well.

And I've seen In Time with You (all versions).

I am loving Romance is a Bonus Book so much. And totally loved In Time With you, though the korean version was such a disappointment.

Anyway for additional recommendation:

• I Need Romance 2 - leads are childhood bestfriends, and ex lovers and current housemates
  • I Need Romance 3 - a lot like Romance is a bonus book woth Noon romance plot
  • Operation Daisuken
  • Fight my way
  • Reply 1997
  • Not really but still with childhood friends plot
    • Reply 1988 
    • Because its the first time
 Czakhareina:

I am loving Romance is a Bonus Book so much. And totally loved In Time With you, though the korean version was such a disappointment.

Anyway for additional recommendation:

• I Need Romance 2 - leads are childhood bestfriends, and ex lovers and current housemates
  • I Need Romance 3 - a lot like Romance is a bonus book woth Noon romance plot
  • Operation Daisuken
  • Fight my way
  • Reply 1997
  • Not really but still with childhood friends plot
    • Reply 1988 
    • Because its the first time

I forgot about all of these, lol. I've seen them all, but thanks. Might look into some of them again. 

Am I the only one that thought the K version of In Time With You was good? The Taiwan version was better, but I really enjoyed the Korean as well. Haven't watched the Chinese version yet and I'm interested to see how the Japanese version will be.

fearmeiamfree:

I forgot about all of these, lol. I've seen them all, but thanks. Might look into some of them again. 

Am I the only one that thought the K version of In Time With You was good? The Taiwan version was better, but I really enjoyed the Korean as well. Haven't watched the Chinese version yet and I'm interested to see how the Japanese version will be.

I dont know anyone who liked the korean version. It iwas like a verh lesser and messier version of the awesome ITWY, despite having cast i loved.

Is there a chinese and japanese version? Definitely excited for the japanese version.

• +1 I Need Romance 3
  • +1 Fight for My Way
  • Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - ML and FL met as kids and the ML had a crush on the FL; when they meet again in university she's just started to develop feelings for his older cousin (who is like a brother to him because he lives with his aunt, uncle, and cousin); he has to watch that unfold and sometimes even helps her deal with her feelings / his cousin
  • The Story of Ming Lan - the ML and FL meet as kids but then separate and don't meet again for several years; they both end up trusting their hearts to people who will ultimately betray them, and both of them warn each other to be careful of trusting their significant other; the ML's relationship ends first and after several significant encounters with the FL he falls for her and resolves to marry her, but at that point he has to watch the SML make big promises about getting married to the FL who (after much hesitation) finally decides to trust the SML; when the ML finds out that the SML is being forced to betray the FL in order to protect his family, and to a lesser extent to protect the FL, the ML earnestly offers to take some big risks to help ensure that the SML and FL can still get married so the FL doesn't end up hurt, but the SML isn't willing to take the risk; ultimately the ML and FL get married
  • I Hear Your Voice - somewhat similar to I Need Romance 3 (although in this one the ML can read thoughts and is still in high school, and it's more of a crime / legal drama); a noona romance where the ML falls for the FL when they're kids but is separated from her for several years; when he meets her again she has a good job but is otherwise a bit of a mess; the ML has to watch her coworker try to date her; it has Lee Jong Suk and scenes like this
  • The Imperial Doctress - childhood friends might be a bit of a stretch, but the ML and FL are young when they meet and become friends and the drama spans many years after they meet; the ML falls for her early on but he's a step behind his half-brother, who woos her first; the ML realizes it too late, but still has to watch them court, marry, and have a child; nevertheless, the FL spends most of the drama going through hardships with the ML, and in the very end they get to be together
  • Something in the Rain - another noona romance; the drama doesn't start at the beginning of their story, so we have to infer some of the ML and FL's past relationship; after the ML and his sister became orphans, the FL's family basically unofficially adopted them and treated them like part of the family; the ML's sister is best friends with the FL and the ML is friends with the FL's younger brother; so they're not exactly direct childhood friends, but they've known each other well since they were young; it's not totally clear exactly when the ML started liking the FL, but it's implied that he at least liked her before he went to study abroad, and still likes her when he returns, but he has to watch her date and break up with a total jerk of a boyfriend
  • Dream High - old but a classic; the FL, ML, and SML attend a special high school for performers (e.g. singers, dancers, etc.); there's a twist ending so serious spoiler warning for the stuff behind the spoiler screens; the FL and SML have a bit of history; the FL is the one who convinces the ML to attend the school; they both fall for her, but the ML has to watch the FL kiss and date the SML; later, the SML has to watch as the FL starts to develop feelings for the ML and struggles to deny those feelings because she's still dating the SML; in the end the FL chooses the ML
  • Kimi Wa Petto (2017) - yet another noona romance; the ML first met the FL when he was a kid and she was a university student; when they meet again the ML is a dancer and the FL is an office worker; the FL doesn't recognize him but thinks that he looks exactly like her childhood pet; they're both in a bit of an emotional crisis at that point and end up striking an agreement that the ML will live with the FL as her pet; the ML has to watch her date a guy that she's not compatible with and can't open up to
  • What's Wrong With Secretary Kim - some of the stuff behind the spoiler screens is related to the writers' attempt at a plot twist, so extra spoiler warning I suppose; the ML and FL were kidnapped and held hostage together when they were children; the ML looked after the FL and afterwards she asks him to marry her, but the FL represses the whole experience and does not remember it apart from some hazy flashes; the ML's brother is semi-responsible for putting the ML in the situation, and his extreme guilt causes his mind to cope by switching their experiences so he believes that he was the one who was kidnapped and the ML is responsible; when the ML meets the FL again when they're adults, he hires her as his secretary even though she doesn't recognize him; when the FL starts to put the pieces of her childhood experience together, she suspects that the ML might be the boy who helped her, but then meets the ML's brother who confirms that he was the one who was held hostage with her; the ML has to watch as the FL and his brother discuss that supposedly shared experience and become closer
  • She Was Pretty 
  • 15 Years Waiting for Migratory Birds 
  • Let's Eat 2 
  • Pinocchio
  • Children of a Lesser God 
  • King in Love <spoiler> 2nd lead gets girl but she likes Prince first </spoiler>
  • Clean with a Passion