Hello! I'd like to ask for some recs on gender-bender jdramas - where a girl pretends to be a boy to reach a goal or for some purpose. Something in the lines of Ikemen Desu Ne and Hana Kimi. I'm fairly green to jdramas in general, so I don't know if that's a trope used as often as it is on kdramas. Thank you in advance :) (oh and sorry if there was a thread like this before).
Okay so here are all the gender benders I found that you haven't watched
J-drama's: Hana Kimi Special (the 2008 version), Hana Kimi Remake, Ikemen Desu Ne, Ouran High School Host Club (there is also a movie), Mendol
K-drama's: To The Beautiful You, K-POP - The Ultimate Audition, The Painter of the Wind
T-drama's: Hana Kimi

Those are all the ones I could find. Some I have seen and did or didn't like while others I haven't had a chance to see. You may like the ones I didn't like or dislike the ones I liked. So I don't know if my opinion really matters to you. I put K-dramas and T-dramas just because I figured you might be interested in them later.

Another Korean gender bender is Ma Boy however it's a guy dressed up as a girl.
Thank you :) Is Ouran High School Host Club worth checking out? I've heard about all the others, I was thinking about checking Hana Kimi Remake, although I've seen the 2007 version.
Ouran High School is a great manga/anime, but I personally would not really recommend watching the drama unless you've read the manga/seen the anime and NEED to see your fantasies be played out by real people (which was my case) That's just my opinion
K DRAMA : YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL .. gem of a drama .. !
Although I'm looking for jdramas, thank you for your suggestions guys :) I've seen You're Beautiful, so I'm also considering Ikemen Desu Ne. @hugepuffball: I think I'm still going to check it out to see if I enjoy it or not. The story seems interesting.
hugepuffball wrote: Ouran High School is a great manga/anime, but I personally would not really recommend watching the drama unless you've read the manga/seen the anime and NEED to see your fantasies be played out by real people (which was my case)
That's just my opinion

I haven't seen the manga nor the anime, but I really enjoyed the dorama. I was choking from laughing sometimes XD
samsoons wrote: Thank you :)

Is Ouran High School Host Club worth checking out?

I've heard about all the others, I was thinking about checking Hana Kimi Remake, although I've seen the 2007 version.

I love the anime and manga more but I don't regret watching the Ouran drama and movie. I expected something completely different from the movie though. At the end of the day they were both worth my time and I've been thinking about rewatching the drama here recently.

Hana Kimi Remake is nice. Personally I just treated it as if it was a version from a different country instead of comparing it to the 2007 version. They have the basics in common and some scenes stayed while others were replaced.
Tempest (love this one!)
Mendol (I haven't seen this myself, but the reviews are pretty bad)
Boku to Kanojo no XXX
(a boy and girl switch bodies, so not exactly what you're looking for. I'd rate it as average)
Dororo (if you're interested in a Japanese gender-bender movie)
mendol was really cute! there are about 6 versions of hana kimi floating around 2 Japanese ones (not as good as the others), 2 Korean ones, 1 Taiwanese (first I watched) and 1 Chinese (yet to find subs though :( ) ouran was okay shrinking honey was horendus! though not my favorite in the gender bender cat. Korean has tons! coffee prince (super cute) nail shop paris (so cute still airing) personal taste (lee min ho is awesome! but it was more of him being thought gay then a girl pretending) your beautiful (1 in korea 1 in japan 1 in Taiwan airning now) ai ore was a cute movie too (its Japanese) boy and girl was cute (its Taiwanese) down with love is cute (again its more of mistacken identity then an actual gender bender) secret garden was pretty good (body swapping rather then gender bender) hope that helps!
Again: thank you so much for your recs :) @zareba: Tempest looks awesome! Definitely adding to my list. Also checking out Dororo. @serena2001: Thank you, I will look into the second ones you mentioned (the japanese/taiwanese stuff), since the korean ones I've seen/heard of them :)