Maii:

Sky Castle, any one? 

That actually looks really good, I'm shocked no one's recommended it to me before! 

maya_x:

hi! these are the dramas which I highly recommend:

• Chief Kim
  • Signal
  • Duel
  • Go Back Couple
  • Healer
  • Father is Strange
  • What Happens to my Family
  • Prison Playbook
  • School 2013 & 2017
  • Master's Sun

I watch various genre's so it's not all the same :)

I've mostly always watched rom com or historical c dramas, so lately I've been trying to branch out and try other stuff. I really appreciate the variety in your suggestions! :)

LuckyGirlGwenIce:
Bridal Mask - It is slow, belongs to a unique and not very catchy period that is neither modern nor of kings and queens, might even get tired of some things or people in the drama, but I will never forget it for one reason and one reason only. The way they portrayed the two main guys in the beginning - how they seem like they will be the ones to beat their stereotypical existence but in the end, their paths inevitably become the exact same ones taken by people before them. I can talk abt these characters all day long so I won't.

I actually really love that time period. I've seen a bunch of republican era chinese dramas that I loved, only issue is they're usually riddled with CCP propoganda:/ I've never seen a k drama set in that period before, it looks really interesting!

Salty_bae:

For me it is Reply 1997! I feel like it is an ultimate romance-friendship-comedy drama and anyone who likes this genre should watch it. It is very dynamic as well so it is super easy to binge lol.

Others on my list of ultimate (romance/slice-of-life) drama recommendations are Reply 1988, Marriage not Dating and Age of Youth.

I LOVE the Reply series. You should try out Girls' Generation 1979. It's not quite as good as the Reply series, and it's super short, but it has to most similar feeling to them that I've seen in a different show. The music is so damn good too in GG 1979, hella vibey. I definitely recommend it. 

looktothestars:

I've mostly always watched rom com or historical c dramas, so lately I've been trying to branch out and try other stuff. I really appreciate the variety in your suggestions! :)

I know the feeling! no matter how many other genres I watch, rom coms will always be my guilty pleasure lool. 

also, I saw that you love the Reply series, and We Were Young gave me such familiar feels to it if you'd like to watch it :)

• Mad Dog (all time favorite for now, I love the suspense, the depths of characters and development of the story and relationships, the cast is well-chosen) 
  • Duel (great drama and cast, the story is keeping you on the edge)
  • Guardian (2018) (Loved the story and cast, a great drama with really good actors)
 Czakhareina:

I love The Story of Minglan. But like Haeju, my God-tier or drama I rated 10/10 is the brilliant masterpiece Cdrama... 

NIRVANA IN FIRE

Just a little heads up, just push through the first 2-3 episodes of confusing and heavy character and set up introduction. After that  confusing episodes, it's pretty darn awesome watch. 

glad u mentioned about pushing thru becuz i've tried starting this but just couldnt get into it and kept putting on hold.   I actually usually like same stuff as u (and Haeju too), so i will give another go. 

JoanneSmith:

glad u mentioned about pushing thru becuz i've tried starting this but just couldnt get into it and kept putting on hold.   I actually usually like same stuff as u (and Haeju too), so i will give another go. 

That happened to me as well. The first few episodes is was just too darn draggy and confusing especially with the many sons or cousins and what not in the characters. 

Funny thing was, I actually didn't know who the main lead was in the first few episodes and wondered how I could watch all the 40 plus episode of it. I kept putting it off a few times. 

I so wonder how they King and all the people of ancient times could keep track of all the issues and plots they need to tackle with all the sons/concubine and family they have. Plus all the ministers who take sides. To darns stressful and chaotic. 

It took me a while to actually sit through this drama or get settled, and most will probably too. But this is the only negative thing I can say about this drama: Draggy, confusing, boring first few episodes. 

After that, it is just darn awesome, especially with how the mind games and strategic moves the protagonist and Antagonist had to outwit each other. You have a smart villain and a very cunning hero. Plus all the bromance <3. Totally need the official English translated copy of this drama. Already finished with a fan translated one. Major withdrawal for this drama. 

Koran works I recommend to any one that asks:

• My mister - for acting and directing
  • Fated to love you - for emotional good story
  • Oh my Venus - for comedy 
  • Secret - for heavy melodrama

My absolute top five that I constantly recommend would be: 

• The Story of Ming Lan
  • Nirvana in Fire
  • Scarlet Heart (Chinese Ver.)
  • Doctors: Saikyou no Meii
  • Signal

Currently, can’t get enough of the Qiu Yue character from Love Better than Immortality right now.  My favorites of all times are Sungkyunkwan Scandal (way better than current Rookie Historans), Coffee Prince, My Lovely Sam Soon, City Hall, Princess Agents, All is Well, Eternal Love II, Love 020, My Amazing Boyfriend Season 1, The Fox’s Summer, The Scent of a Woman, Hotel King, So Ji Sub in Master’s Sun, The Greatest Love, She Was Pretty kdrama or Chinese version Pretty Li Hui Zhen, Scholar Who Walks the Night, Scarlet Heart Ryeo, and more dramas with Xian Zhan, Song Wei Long, and Zhang Bin Bin, Shawn Duo please.

The Scent of a Woman 

Japanese- Kazoku Game

Korean- My Mister

Chinese- Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms

Thai- Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat

+1 Nirvana in Fire- it's a long Chinese drama so the first handful of episodes are hella boring but it's character development so you gotta push through but man after that... you wont be able to stop. This is one of the very few dramas that I've come across where no one has said anything bad about it because there really isn't anything bad about it lol I would say prepare yourself for the end cause afterwards you'll have drama withdrawal.