Hey guys! What are some good dramas where the male lead wants to settle down with the female lead and actively pursues this? I'm not talking about the run-of-the-mill ML-chases-FL story, but something where he does the legwork to ensure there is a marriage.  Best example would be Story of Ming Lan, where the male lead does a lot of plotting to make sure the marriage happens. In context to the second male lead, who is dashing and romantic, but ultimately cannot fulfill his promise. Any country/time period is fine, but I would like it to be in the context where parental or familial consent plays an important role.   

Thank you! 

UNWILLINGLY BRIDE

LOL, I saw the title and my first thought was 'Story of Ming Lan'.

I'd tentatively say Love O2O? I don't recall it too well.

• Nueng Nai Suang
  • From 5 to 9
  • Jao Sao Jum Yorm
  • Well Intended Love

Haven't watched all of Story of Ming Lan but Bride of the Century kind of fits the bill. Won't get into details so as not to spoil.

I know it's not what you're looking for but maybe you good give a try to Before We Get Married 

FL and second ML  are trying to get married (mostly FL tries ) and ML is chasing her really bad. Second FL tries to get married with ML.

Czakhareina:
  • Nueng Nai Suang
  • From 5 to 9
  • Jao Sao Jum Yorm
  • Well Intended Love

I second From 5 to 9...

Also, try Well Intended Love, although if you're quite a feminist, you might get frustrated on how the so-called love got a bit forceful and manipulative. 

If you want it the other way around (FL chases ML), try Date ~ Koi to wa Donna Mono Kashira ~, its cute and fun.

elenapjy:

I know it's not what you're looking for but maybe you good give a try to Before We Get Married 

FL and second ML  are trying to get married (mostly FL tries ) and ML is chasing her really bad. Second FL tries to get married with ML.

Just logged on and saw this.  What a coincidence. I just finished Before We Get Married and I'm having major withdrawal effects. That chemistry is so on point, I'm having trouble finding a new drama to watch haha.

1. Flower Crew Joseon marriage Agency 
  2. Angel's last Mission love 
  3. WWWSK
 Czakhareina:
  • Nueng Nai Suang
  • From 5 to 9
  • Jao Sao Jum Yorm
  • Well Intended Love

The first thing that came into my mind is From 5 to 9  (5-ji Kara 9-ji Made) hahaha.

Yes Jao Sao Jum Yorm