Hi,

Can someone recommend me some xianxia/xuanhuan/historical fantasy dramas that are primarily the story of the female lead, and in which the female lead also gets to solve her own problems at the end (it's fine if she needs help, as long as she not entirely helpless herself).

Thank you :)

Have you tried The Legends? I can guarantee that anyone would have a girl crush on Bai Lu after this drama! It did have some issues about the female lead turning into a love sick puppy in the later episodes but she’s quite badass! Here’s the subbed trailer if you’re interested:

My Disciple Died Once Again

Mainly focuses on the FL

• Princess Agents - #1 badass female lead imo. shitty cliffhanger ending though
  • The Journey of Flower - weak to strong 
  • Bloody Romance - weak to strong
  • An Oriental Odyssey - she never really solves them on her own, but rather the whole group helps each other. 
  • The Legends- strong to weak. She's strong for like...a few episodes then they strip her of that and it was super disappointing. Had so much potential too. Still I listed it because her character is pretty entertaining.
  • The Story of Ming Lan - a realistic historical, not a wuxia/xianxia. But the FL here is the smartest FL who solves all of her own problems without help from anyone.

Thank you all, I'll check them out :)