I'm relatively new to sageuks. I'm in the middle of The Moon Embracing the Sun and The Princess' Man and I've been enjoying them but they aren't really blowing me away. I wanted to know what are some of your favorite sageuks?  I've already seen Moon Lovers and I need some recommendations that aren't Empress Ki (I had the entire thing spoiled for me, I'm still pissed).  I like strong female leads (they don't have to be physically strong -- but that is a plus) and the romance does not have to be the focus. Help me out!

• Queen SeonDeok
  • Princess Man - Not really a strong but more of  resilient as the story gets longer
  • Jewel in the Palace
  • DongYi
  • Conspiracy of court
  • Mr. Sunshine 

Great saguek but not really female centerred:

• Tree with Deep roots 
  • Jeong do Jeon
  • Six Flring Dragons
  • Jumong

Definitely Queen Seondeok for strong female leads -  I also second Six Flying Dragons, Jumong, and Tree with Deep Roots.  Nokdu Flower is really good as well but very serious.  Painter of the Wind and Return of Iljimae (Moon River) are also lovely.

Thank you guys so much! Queen Seon Deok, Nokdu Flower, and Six Flying Dragons look incredible. I'll probably pick one from these three. 

Allow me to add a few more:

• Maids (female-centered, focused on the growth of the FL, one of the few sageuks that doesn't revolve much on palace/upper-class politics)
  • Cruel Palace (female-centric drama about the women of the palace--queens, concubines, the king's daughter in law; the drama is very well-written, but I must warn you that the main character is strong, shrewd, and a truly terrible person)

Oh, it's a pity that you had the entire Empress Ki spoiled for you. It's such a good drama! I feel you!

But you can try Sungkyunkwan Scandal. It's funny, cute and it has strong FL! It's one of my favourite sageuks!

Also Love in the Moonlight is just adorable! Sweet Park Bo Gum! 

Chuno is amazing.

Warrior Baek Dong Soo martial arts scenes are really good.  I liked the story a lot, independent of the fact that Ji Chang  Wook and Yoo Seung Ho are in it.  

Kdramalover203:

Oh, it's a pity that you had the entire Empress Ki spoiled for you. It's such a good drama! I feel you!

But you can try Sungkyunkwan Scandal. It's funny, cute and it has strong FL! It's one of my favourite sageuks!

Also Love in the Moonlight is just adorable! Sweet Park Bo Gum! 

I'll definitely watch Empress Ki at some point, I just need the bitterness to wear off first lol. I love Park Min Young and a good gender bender, sounds like Sungkyunkwan Scandal is right up my alley. Thank you for the recs!