I'm somehow in mood for tearjerker japanese movies. Here's what I've seen so far and my rate and thoughts on those: Koizora: The Movie (8) - A neat movie (have popular casts too) thought didn't cry much as I expect I would. My Rainy Days (9) - Awesome. Somehow, I actually cried more on this compared to others thought it's not that sad. Taiyou No Uta (7) - Pretty slow-paced for me. Didn't appreciate it as much as others though I did cry at the end. Plan to Watch: Tada, Kimi Wo Aishiteru Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu If you guys can add anything great to my PTW, I would really be grateful. :) What I'm looking for is superb acting, lots of moving crying scene, and a convincing plot (like the first episode of Tonbi thought it is a drama not a movie). Need to take a pass on dramas, just movies for now, since I'm saving time for this season's new Jdramas. Hehe. TIA!
This one made me cry a bunch of times but my friends say I cry easily. I really enjoyed it and Anyano Gou was a spectacular actor in this, not that he's ever not.

Soratobu Kouhoshitsu

Oh I forgot to mention the end made me really cry.
Gyokuro wrote: This one made me cry a bunch of times but my friends say I cry easily. I really enjoyed it and Anyano Gou was a spectacular actor in this, not that he's ever not.

Soratobu Kouhoshitsu

Oh I forgot to mention the end made me really cry.

Loved that drama, too. The first episode made me cried a bit when Sorai is talking to the kid. Really a neat drama. Lots of life lessons about dreams and career, too. :)
DEPARTURES......won oscars best foreign film....made me cry 3 times....im a guy. NOBODY KNOWS TEGAMI BE WITH YOU
Heavenly Forest 1 Litre Of Tears Dear Friends (though idk if you'll be sad with this one)
Try this one, Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no Haka). It will DEFINITELY jerk the tears out of your soul. I have watched this movie once and don't have the plan to ever watch it again. Not because it's a bad movie, believe me, if any, it's one of the best out there, and it's one of Isao Takahata's best creations, and he's one of the founders of Ghibli. It's just that it's toooo sad, I don't think I could bear the sadness one more time. I've watched a lot of tearjerkers, including one litre of tears, a moment to remember, nobody knows, etc, etc, but this one is number 1 on my tearjerker list...

But definitely a MUST watch, even if it's only once in your life...

Ps. Oh, one more thing, watch the original one from studio ghibli. This one here[/URL]. [U]Not the Live Action one.