Bubblegum20:

Exactly!! I find it so annoying when the FL chases the guy. The worst thing is, if the ML is an asshole and the FL still loves him. Like it Playful Kiss. 

I´m like: Bish, wtf are you doing?!? Do you not have any pride?! Are you really that delusional?!

It's funny that you bring up Playful Kiss because that's literally the drama I always have in mind whenever this trope comes up.  I hated it with such a passion and couldn't even last until the midway point before I dropped it. 

literaturefinal:

It's funny that you bring up Playful Kiss because that's literally the drama I always have in mind whenever this trope comes up.  I hated it with such a passion and couldn't even last until the midway point before I dropped it. 

I already love you... Because it is also the drama that comes to my mind first, when I talk about dramas, I didn´t like. I actually didn´t even watched Playful Kiss. I watched the japanese original Itazura na Kiss because I heard it´s better than Playful Kiss. And I´m not overreacting when I tell you that I almost got a stroke while watching that drama. I don´t use the word "hate" often but this drama... ugh. It was just a pain in the ass. And because I heard that Itazura na Kiss is better, I didn´t even started watching Playful Kiss. Every episode I just stared at my screen and yelled at the FL because I couldn´t believe how dumb she is.

Bubblegum20:

I already love you... Because it is also the drama that comes to my mind first, when I talk about dramas, I didn´t like. I actually didn´t even watched Playful Kiss. I watched the japanese original Itazura na Kiss because I heard it´s better than Playful Kiss. And I´m not overreacting when I tell you that I almost got a stroke while watching that drama. I don´t use the word "hate" often but this drama... ugh. It was just a pain in the ass. And because I heard that Itazura na Kiss is better, I didn´t even started watching Playful Kiss. Every episode I just stared at my screen and yelled at the FL because I couldn´t believe how dumb she is.

LOL,  I'm dying at the stroke comment.  There was only one moment of Playful Kiss I actually enjoyed, which is when the FL had to go #2 in the bathroom and she was embarrassed because the ML was outside the bathroom and could potentially hear (and maybe smell?). Because the drama kept playing up all the worst stereotypes about women, but at least they acknowledged that women poop too.   Other than that moment, I just remember being miserable for a lot of episodes until I realized that the drama wasn't some sort of homework I was obligated to finish.  I think it might have been the first drama I ever dropped, but I've never looked back.  Now I'm happy to drop any drama in which I'm  actively routing against the main couple and/or hoping the ML will suffer a lot.