Awhile ago I watched Liar Game and absolutely loved it and have been trying to find similar dramas that give me the same feeling, but so far none of them have really done it. What I loved about Liar Game was that I loved how it makes you think and for me it kept me on the edge of my seat whether they would pull through the round or not. The puzzles they had to solve made me feel like an idiot because I couldn't even fathom how to solve them and I loved that about the show! To me it was unpredictable. So if there are any recommendations for a good got me on the edge of my seat, unpredictable show, it would be greatly appreciated! Bonus points if they have puzzles to solve and a hint of dorkiness. I would prefer j-dramas, but recommendations for any other countries shows works too. Note: I tried the variety show The Genius already and it didn't do it for me even though I had heard it was similar.
Puzzles to solve with a hint of dorkyness sounds like you want the drama "trick" its kinda like a mix between x-files and scooby doo the puzzles are not math based game theory one's like liar game but more magic trick/illusion based. The show is pretty dorky sometimes but I thought that just added to its charm and it made me laugh a lot, the leads have great comedic chemistry. If you like liar game you should definitely check it out.
Thanks so much! <3 I just added it to my list and am definitely going to watch it next. It sounds perfect! And I totally agree that the right amount of dorkiness adds to the show! That's one reason I like Liar Game so much. The characters all kind of reminded me of video game characters XD
Kurosagi - overall the most similar to Liar Game in my list
Biblia Koshodou No Jiken - a heartwarming mystery series
White Christmas - a twisted psychological thriller with 2 mysteries at its core
I've already watched Kurosagi and White Christmas, but I haven't heard of Biblia Koshodou No Jiken. I'm definitely adding it to my list, it looks good! Thank you!
mr.brain and galileo was more like white christmas... but i'm sure you'll enjoy it...
Mr Brain is overrated. Galileo is better and really worth watching.

I have to say... I'm also looking for a Drama that's like Liar Game, because it's one of my Top 5 Dramas... but I had no luck so far... unfortunately v_v nothing is intense enough... If it's something crazy you are looking for, I would also recommend Keizoku 2 - that's bad ass ^_^
I think the kdrama Dr. Frost is sort of similar to Liar Game just because the main character is void of emotions sort of like Kang Do Young is (if this is the Korean drama you are talking about not the Japanese drama). Also Dr. Frost has some Psychological themes in it too, actually it revolves around Psychology.
A little old but Trick (there's a few seasons) where they figure out cases they were done with "magic" to kill. Also two great main actors.

i absolutelly recommend you 'hard nuts': it is about a mathematical genius college girl who applies her knowledge and wits to solve cases

Watch kakegurui. It has a feel like liar game