Howdy again everyone! I am kind of at a loss as to what I should watch next, waiting for subs on almost all the shows I am watching.. except PTB, which I am kind of at a standstill as to whether I want to continue watching or drop. So my question is: What should I watch?
What do you know is out there that you haven't seen yet but thought maybe... I wanted to go to your PTW list and see if there was anything on there that made me want to say...watch this Phoenix! but MDL won't let me.
Since you are in the general asia section, I assume it can be dramas from no matter what country. :)

Here are my suggestions:
1. Don Quixote (J) - Hilarious, original, well acted, heartwarming. Although it's a bit of a closed-episodes drama, I got hooked to it and watched it almost marathon like. Adorable.

2. Material Queen (Tw) - Uncommon characters, completely anti-heroic, well acted (with the exception of some side characters) and romantic. A plus: great music.

3. I need Romance (K) - if you haven't watched it yet, I recommend it to you. It's truly refreshing for a Korean drama. It's funny, clever, with some female characters with guts and stamina. Personally, I loved it.

P.S. I am stuck on ep.13 of PTB and can't go on either. I think I'll put in on hold... indefinitely. :P
jeanie65jh wrote: I wanted to go to your PTW list and see if there was anything on there that made me want to say...watch this Phoenix! but MDL won't let me.

I have been having that trouble lately myself.. my PTW list is loooooong imo..
amrita828 wrote:
P.S. I am stuck on ep.13 of PTB and can't go on either. I think I'll put in on hold... indefinitely. :P

I am stuck at episode 4, awful huh.. and yes any countries drama were fine.. thank you for your suggestions, will go looksie at em..
jeanie65jh wrote: What do you know is out there that you haven't seen yet but thought maybe... I wanted to go to your PTW list and see if there was anything on there that made me want to say...watch this Phoenix! but MDL won't let me.

I'm having the same problem. I hope Phoenix will forgive me for using her thread to add that I tried to write you a pm but I guess I was too much of an optimist, LOL. I gave up after the nth expired page. :P
Here are mine:

1) Love Shuffle ~ If you haven't seen it, this is an interesting and fun drama. It's only 10 episodes; a quick ride and off beat for as popular as it is..
2) Birdie Buddy ~ This drama really is quite good so far. 24 eps long and it's steady until the mid point where things start moving faster and the plot ramps up.
3) A few oldies: What's Up Fox: I recommend this highly if you haven't watched yet. A great love story cleverly told with a great sense of humor. Biscuit Teacher & Star Candy (Hello My Teacher): Gong Yoo is wonderful in this drama and so is Gong Hyo Jin. I just fell in love with this more and more as each episode passed.
4) Chuno ~ Action and Adventure...great acting and story telling. My favorite Sauguk and only 24 episodes.
amrita828 wrote: I'm having the same problem. I hope Phoenix will forgive me for using her thread to add that I tried to write you a pm but I guess I was too much of an optimist, LOL. I gave up after the nth expired page. :P

I wrote you one too and should have wrote it in word first because I totally lost it after the nth expired page!! Oh well..I have faith in Skye. He'll be fixing it soon..??
wow...is PTB that bad??...i'm watching it right now lol..just completed the 3rd episode..and i have kind of enjoyed it so far lol...i'm just hoping it won't let me down..but with all of you complaining i'm having 2nd thoughts lol...

as for I Need Romance..I too thoroughly enjoyed that drama..I think you should definitely give it a try..
kamz wrote: wow...is PTB that bad??...i'm watching it right now lol..just completed the 3rd episode..and i have kind of enjoyed it so far lol...i'm just hoping it won't let me down..but with all of you complaining i'm having 2nd thoughts lol...

as for I Need Romance..I too thoroughly enjoyed that drama..I think you should definitely give it a try..

I honestly think Protect The Boss is a great drama. I don't know myself why my enthusiasm came to an abrupt halt. Possibly it's just me and a phase in which I need different things. I don't think you should have 2nd thoughts at all: watch it and enjoy it. :D
kamz wrote: wow...is PTB that bad??...i'm watching it right now lol..just completed the 3rd episode..and i have kind of enjoyed it so far lol...i'm just hoping it won't let me down..but with all of you complaining i'm having 2nd thoughts lol...

Protect the Boss is actually a very very good drama. There are like, two slow episodes toward the end (EXTENSION BLUES) But it is clever, funny, quirky and different. Great love story, totally untypical second leads, hilarious and out of the norm family dynamics and funny friendships. Keep going!
@Amrita I don't mind, go right ahead and chat away..
@Kamz No, its not that bad, I think its just not something I am into watching at the moment. And thank you for seconding I Need Romance
@Jeanie Thanks for the suggestions, Birdie Buddy just doesn't sound like my cup of tea from the descriptions.. Is Chuno really that good? I am currently watching WBDS, it takes me awhile to commit to a period drama, I think I am to picky when it comes to em..
amrita828 wrote: I honestly think Protect The Boss is a great drama. I don't know myself why my enthusiasm came to an abrupt halt. Possibly it's just me and a phase in which I need different things. I don't think you should have 2nd thoughts at all: watch it and enjoy it. :D

jeanie65jh wrote: Protect the Boss is actually a very very good drama. There are like, two slow episodes toward the end (EXTENSION BLUES) But it is clever, funny, quirky and different. Great love story, totally untypical second leads, hilarious and out of the norm family dynamics and funny friendships. Keep going!

phoenixtearz9 wrote: @Amrita I don't mind, go right ahead and chat away..
@Kamz No, its not that bad, I think its just not something I am into watching at the moment. And thank you for seconding I Need Romance
@Jeanie Thanks for the suggestions, Birdie Buddy just doesn't sound like my cup of tea from the descriptions.. Is Chuno really that good? I am currently watching WBDS, it takes me awhile to commit to a period drama, I think I am to picky when it comes to em..

phewww...thanks all for helping me reinstate my faith in PTB :D..i shall continue..*wipes the sweat off of her forehead*
i was getting worried too cos i hv seen 3 eps of PTB & had heard all the hype so thought i was onto a winner oh well i shall stick with it for the time being i hv dropped too many dramas lately :p
Reviving thread, sorta.. I have watched since I posted this thread: Chuno, Love Shuffle, Don Quixote (sp?),Biscuit Teacher&Star Candy, What's Up Fox.. Checked out Material Queen, and no way no how.. I Need Romance, kinda just, didn't happen.. I tried to watch the first ep, and I couldn't really get into it.. Currently watching Flower Boy Ramyun Shop when subs come out, and will be catching up/finishing Vampire Prosecutor soon. So any new suggestions? I really don't care about genre.