Its Road to Kingdom time again! Wow this week came quickly, unfortunately we havent been given loads to talk about this episode but im still interested to hear you opinions/anticipations. Maybe this week we can get more into the 'controversial' topic of the eliminations, of course we should all respect the groups and at the end of the day they have all done incredibly well, regardless of their rankings. 

With that ill ask again: what did you think of this episode? Did you agree with who was eliminated? (if not who do you think shouldve gone, dont be scared to be honest!) How about the collabs, which are you most excited for and how did VV x TOO make you feel? 

I cant wait to have another discussion with everyone, ill leave my thoughts below :)

First of all i have to talk about the elimination, wether i liked it or not it was the main point of this episode. Golden Child, in my opinion, were in no way deserving of being eliminated first. I admit their performance didnt wow me as much as some of the others, but it wasnt the worst. The fact that the boys were so upset, blaming it all on themselves, really broke my heart. GolCha gave the show a great atmosphere, they will definitely be missed. I personally wouldnt have the elimination in RTK, these groups are underrated so this was a perfect platform for them to grow, it saddens me that they cant fully show everything they wanted. Im not going to go super controversial and start explaining who i wouldve had eliminated instead, but i do think there were other teams who's performances werent as spectacular as Golden Child's. However i dont think it would be fair for me to criticise their performance and at the end of the day its all down to personal preference.

Now onto the Collab Performances...I CANT WAIT! Pentagon X ONF is who im anticipating the most, how cruel to give us the first few seconds haha. I also think The Boyz X Oneus will be very interesting, from the teaser it looks like they are going for a more vocal stage, which would be stunning! Also looking forward to them covering girl group songs, ive been silently craving a seriously cool gg cover. Verivery X TOO wasnt bad, bless them being the two bottom groups, it mustve been funny being paired together. There were some parts of their performance where the 17 of them looked very powerful together, but also some parts where it did look messy. I think that mightve been down to the lighting? The dark lighting in places made it hard to distinguish them. The final chorus where they all danced together was super cool though, and vocals were on point!

Then we have the concept battle after. I actually found some of the concepts really funny.... Aladdin? Michael Jackson? Pharoh? idk they just seem like someone ran out of ideas haha. The Boyz got the best one by far (Oriental concept) and theyre doing Vixx (my starlight heart is SCREAMING) ill try not to be bias! 

Like usual i apologise for getting carried away. There's always so much to talk about, im sure we'll be overloaded with performances to review next week too! Dont be scared to share all your opinions :)

Don't apologize! I love reading RTK opinions.

Tbh I feel like this week was a huggggge filler episode, like going back to think what I just watched...the eliminations, 100000 explanations on the voting process and 1 performance lol (or that's how it felt to me anyways).

Talking about the eliminations...ugh. It was so painful to watch, they really didn't deserve to go, I feel like this program won't be the same without them. As you mentioned, it was the perfect chance  for these groups to shine and it's dumb getting rid of them for the sake of...drama? and in exchange they leave feeling like they didn't work hard enough or worse, like they aren't good enough. Keep up with the good work Mnet! *sighs* On a more positive note, I was soooooo happy for Oneus!!!! They got second place for the second performance and therefore managed to continue on the show (4th overall) ;_; , although there's not a very large margin between them, Verivery and TOO, so they're not completely safe.

Ok now with the collabs:

1- Verivery and TOO: I'm not too familiar with ON so I don't know how different it was but it sounded and looked really epic!! However, there were just too many people on stage: 17 performers + idk how many backup dancers??? Surely large numbers allow for cool formations, but still. That + me not knowing very well any of the groups made me very confused, even after having watched their stage a couple of times. Also poor Dongheon (I think that's his name?) at this rate he'll end the show having an ulcer or something (he always looks like he's under so much pressure)

2 - Pentagon and ONF: I'm! so! excited! BUT Kill This Love is a song that I don't really like...so I guess it'll depend on how it's arranged. Still hoping for the best.

3- The Boyz and Oneus: I'm! so! excited! (part 2). I was kinda hoping for a mini Produce reunion but idk if Mnet is willing to acknowledge that show existed anymore after all of the scandals lol.

Overall I'm sad, happy and expectant for next week's performances.

For eliminations, I totally agree. I don't think Golcha deserves elimination at all. Their T.O.P and Wannabe performances were really good, even if they weren't at the top, they don't deserve to be at the bottom at all. I hope they find the courage to continue their career with brave hearts, I will support their next comeback~ I love their songs Wannabe and Without You. I wouldn't blame anyone for this though, not even Mnet. Someone had to be eliminated!

I hope nobody attacks me omg, I PERSONALLY think it should've been Verivery or Pentagon (if you strip away their seniority). Their performances were my least favorite most of the time, proven if you look at my rankings each performance. I love these groups though, I hope they do better and better.

Catico:
Im not going to go super controversial and start explaining who i wouldve had eliminated instead, but i do think there were other teams who's performances werent as spectacular as Golden Child's.

You can say who if you want! I don't think anyone will mind. I'm really interested!!

I wanna know who the girl idol at the beginning of ONF X Pentagon performance was... does anyone know? I'm anticipating both ONF X Pentagon and ONEUS X The Boyz, especially since they're doing female/gg songs like Kill This Love and... SIREN!! Oooh. Covering a soloist's song with a group has always been really interesting to me. Like TBZ did with Danger.

The VV and TOO performance was moderate. I agree with the weird lighting and I also think its cause they were too many members. I mean the lighting was probably affected BECAUSE there were too many people so... They should've went with VV's leaders' suggestions. And I also thought it was messy sometimes :((((

I actually think the next concepts are so COOL!! ALADDIN?? YES. Maybe I'm biased cause I love the movie haha, but the Michael Jackson and pharaoh concept sound REALLY cool too. BTW @Catico what's an oriental concept? I only know a few handful of vixx songs so I can't tell what Vixx song TBZ are doing (sorry)... but their outfits look BEAUTIFUL omg

I'm anticipating everyone else's opinions too! Don't be shy :)

mrspartypoison:
Tbh I feel like this week was a huggggge filler episode, like going back to think what I just watched...the eliminations, 100000 explanations on the voting process and 1 performance lol (or that's how it felt to me anyways).

I FELT THIS TOO! LOL the MC's were also taking their darn time to announce winners (even ONF was like ??? please hurry oof). I'm gonna have to wait a whole dang week again. I don't blame the show though, they're doing their best to layout everything, I assume its not easy :')

ncteez:

I FELT THIS TOO! LOL the MC's were also taking their darn time to announce winners (even ONF was like ??? please hurry oof). I'm gonna have to wait a whole dang week again. I don't blame the show though, they're doing their best to layout everything, I assume its not easy :')

I'm sure everyone's doing their best and I can't even imagine how much hard work there is behind each episode, but there's no need to unnecessarily stretch things this much. I don't know if it's because they have to reach a minimum and they don't have enough material or something but instead of being explained for the nth time the voting procedure I'd prefer variety segments of the groups, interactions and things like that.

mrspartypoison:
Tbh I feel like this week was a huggggge filler episode

THIS! I thought the exact same, i dont think Mnet helped themselves either, by not giving us any more performances we just have longer to dwell on the unfair elimination. Yess Oneus did fantastically, hopefully this gives them the boost in confidence that they needed (i feel they have something spectacular coming!)

I dont know ON well either, but i dont believe they changed the song up much, so in that aspect the other collabs could be more interesting (not saying TOO and VV didnt show enough, but the other groups are more renowned for rearrangements!). Im happy im not alone in thinking there were too many people, i understand how they all wanted a chance to perform but there couldve been a better way of organising it. 

ncteez:
I PERSONALLY think it should've been Verivery or Pentagon

Ok if you wont tear me apart! I agree with you choosing Verivery, but instead of Pentagon i would say TOO. I think their performances have been pretty meh....Golcha really blew me away with their first and second performances, while VV and TOO's were cool but not in the same way. Ive actually heard rumours that Mnet favour particular groups (The Boyz and Pentagon) and Golcha were their biggest rival... But nothing's confirmed and its best not to focus too much on rumors! I wouldnt be surprised if one of those two were eliminated next week :(
I dont recognise the female idol either, but i hope like in ONF's previous performance they utilize her well. 

Oriental concept...the best way i would describe it is very traditional (similar to The Boyz intro performance or Oneus' Lit performance), think of historical kdramas! You should take a look at the original Shangri La, its the literal definition of the concept (and is stunning)

thanks for sharing! Im enjoying these discussions a lot :)

The elimination part really made the show hard to watch for me. I can't imagine the stress the participants are experiencing right now. I didn't know much about GolCha before the program, but I liked them in the show and it really broke my heart to see them crying like that. Mnet should have continued with the same concept as in the first season, there was no elimination in Queendom. It was fun to watch groups getting improve their performances. 

Other than that, I am really enjoying the show and looking forward to the next week's episode, especially The BoyzxOneus collab stage.

Catico:
I dont know ON well either, but i dont believe they changed the song up much, so in that aspect the other collabs could be more interesting (not saying TOO and VV didnt show enough, but the other groups are more renowned for rearrangements!).

I watched a live stage of the original song afterwards and yeah, the cover is pretty similar. I think I get what you're saying, it was a nice cover but maybe it wasn't risky/original enough (from the previews the other groups seem to have been more innovative with the arrangement).

Anyways, at least even though this episode was 90% filler, next week we'll get to see the rest of this sub-round and maybe a couple of performances from the next.

sylvia:
The elimination part really made the show hard to watch for me

agreed, to think another group will have to go through that again! It broke my heart more as the MC's looked genuinely upset too, it must be strange for them as Queendom was so laid back, RTK being this ruthless must be shocking. 

Honestly, this week was.. idk.

Seeing the elimination, even when i knew who would leave, was hard to see. I think Golden child really did well especially on the first round, it's sad to see people having to leave they all deserved to show more if you ask me. I bawled my eyes out lol i felt so sad, and i'm not even stanning them. 

About the collab of VV & TOO, at first i was a bit worried, seeing the two lowest together and the 2 youngest and rookies together... And when i heard they would do ON i deffinetly had my doubts. Seeing them train for it didn't make it better honestly, but, in the end i was so bloody amazed! They really did so much better then i thought they would and i think they really synced alot of the time, it really was powerfull and showed off alot of their colors, i really screamed my lungs out lol. 

I am really curious about ONF x Pentagon & Oneus x TheBoyz. Honestly knowing ONF x Pentagon are gonna do kill this love kinda feels like a bummer as i really DONT like that song and i doubt they can do anything to change that but i'll try to watch it open minded and without prejudge. As of The oneus x TheBoyz one, i don't know what i feel. As an ToMoon & Deobi one side of me is really excited that i get to see them Collab, but other sside they are quite different and the atmosphere felt so awkward between them which makes it a bit.. scary haha. I don't know. I am really excited but also worried idk. 

We will see how it goes but the thought of the next elimination freaks me out.

Catico:
I agree with you choosing Verivery, but instead of Pentagon i would say TOO.

I had a feeling you were gonna say TOO~ LOL. I also think their recent performance wasn't great, but their Rising Sun performance was personally one of my favorites on the show ^^

Thanks for sharing

sylvia:
The elimination part really made the show hard to watch for me. I can't imagine the stress the participants are experiencing right now.

Same. I felt so so bad for golcha at the moment... the best thing we could do is support their next comeback right? I think the MC Da Hee was tearing up too...

Chalanadejager:
As an ToMoon & Deobi one side of me is really excited that i get to see them Collab, but other sside they are quite different and the atmosphere felt so awkward between them which makes it a bit.. scary haha.

Sameee. I'm so excited for this collab in particular but I felt the awkwardness too lol

Chalanadejager:
We will see how it goes but the thought of the next elimination freaks me out.

Yea i worried for VV and TOO, seemed all too coincidental that they were together, but they did put on a better performance than i expected. 

KTL will be interesting, it sounds like not many of us are keen on it! As for The Boyz x Oneus, they chose a good song but i totally get what you mean by the awkwardness haha

Really i think we're all dreading the elimination, i dont think there have been any spoilers yet either?