I have my own opinions I would like to share but I want to know how you guys felt about the endings. Was it a satisfying ending or were there some things you guys would have wanted to be changed?

Really satisfying? loved it, best way to explain Ulanara Empress’ ending 

One of the best adaptations of Queen Ulanara''s fictional life in recent years. The ending was just perfect like everything else in this immaculate drama series.

Definitely a masterpiece in it's own right. The ending is exactly how I would've wanted it to be.. it's SO RuYi! I wouldn't change it for any other because it truly captures her character.  She's so STRONG ughhh

I watched this when it first came out and loved it but was disappointed. I just watched Empresses in the Palace and then finished it again. I hated it this time. Zhen Huan was "evil" now but it was inconsistent to her character. The whole time I watched it all I could think about was how much better it would've been if it had been an actual sequel. I gotta say I'm glad I watched it the first time without knowing it was a sequel. 

Was it satisfying? I'm not sure because nothing of the real Step Empress survived. Did the ending fit the Ruyi in the drama? I like to believe so. Ruyi lived her life the way she wanted, true and honest, and in the end she finally had the courage to love herself and realize her worth. She left how she wanted. Everything after her death is just some poor fool's regret or madness. May we all be as brave as Ruyi.