onikewn:

Helloo, I just finished watching Episode 9.

Honestly, who would you want Dal-mi to end up with? I wanna know your thoughts on this. 

Hehe in all honesty I ship Do San and Dal Mi in the drama but Suzy and Seon Ho in real life. I have my ships sorted out very nicely, you see, though I'm only holding out for the one in the drama. What happens in real life between the actors themselves is really none of my business. But I still like Suzy and Seon Ho together ;-). 

@Kristances

I don’t think they should continue to date though, esp not now when DoSan is lowkey toxic and treating DalMi like some manic pixie dream girl. maybe like stay as friends, actually get to know one another as THE REAL PERSON, and perhaps like a ROY ending KEKEKKE where it’s left open-ended? 

I don't think he treats her like a manic pixie dream girl. He treats her like something precious. He reveres her so much, always putting her first and doing his best to make her smile. No, he treats her like a dream. Something he's so afraid of losing. Saying "pixie dream girl" implies that Do San sees the imaginary version of DalMi, a fantasy, but that's clearly not true, because with Dal Mi, what you see is what you get (except for when she decides to put on a show for In Jae's benefit, of course ;) 

onikewn:

Honestly, who would you want Dal-mi to end up with? I wanna know your thoughts on this. 

I really want it to be Do-San. However, if its Ji-Pyeong I am cool with that too. 

I just think Do-San doesn't really have anything going for him but Dal-Mi. Part of my reason is because I will feel bad for Do-San if he does not get her. He has never found a girl who was interested in the stuff that he likes, until now..

Daydreamologist:

Hehe in all honesty I ship Do San and Dal Mi in the drama but Suzy and Seon Ho in real life. I have my ships sorted out very nicely, you see, though I'm only holding out for the one in the drama. What happens in real life between the actors themselves is really none of my business. But I still like Suzy and Seon Ho together ;-). 

YES SAME! I know Seon Ho has or had I don't know if he still has a crush on her. Though this is what I have been saying this whole time. 

Maggie Shannon:

i get a lot of people ship her with ji pyeong but honestly team do san all the way

also the way dal mi was ready to defend in jae was my most favorite part from this episode

Suckerforhappyendings:

also the way dal mi was ready to defend in jae was my most favorite part from this episode

Oh my same. It showed that Dal Mi still cared about In Jae. 

I hate Nam Do San so much this episode with his stupid wind analogy, and his lies and selfishness throughout that has caused everyone so much unnecessary hurt. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start - “oh he’ll become more mature” or “he’ll stop acting petty” or “he’ll own up to the truth”, but in this episode we not only learn that he started lying to her because he “liked her smile”, but continued because he “didn’t want her to cry”.

Not to mention, he’s cheated his entire life yet somehow his parents find out about it now and knowing all of this, he STILL wants people to sympathise with him. When I secretly had hoped he would improve as a person, he does a complete 180 instead and becomes worse. And yet, in the end he’ll still be the one who Seo Dal-Mi will end up loving because that’s just how the plot will probably finish.

I’m sorry but how can I continue supporting Nam Do-San like this?

Han Ji-Pyeong will always be the one who has to suffer, who has to sacrifice, because he can’t realise or understand his feelings and when he does come to terms with himself, he is told he can’t. The one time where he wants to be selfish in his life, he isn’t allowed to. He even ends up being excluded for their 3 people trip to the beach. I’m sorry for the bias, but this is just too much.

Oh my god, I can’t. My heart hurts so fucking much.

rant over

@Sayonaraaa

I hate Nam Do San so much this episode with his stupid wind analogy, and his lies and selfishness throughout that has caused everyone so much unnecessary hurt. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start - “oh he’ll become more mature” or “he’ll stop acting petty” or “he’ll own up to the truth”, but in this episode we not only learn that he started lying to her because he “liked her smile”, but continued because he “didn’t want her to cry”.

Not to mention, he’s cheated his entire life yet somehow his parents find out about it now and knowing all of this, he STILL wants people to sympathise with him. When I secretly had hoped he would improve as a person, he does a complete 180 instead and becomes worse.

I'm neither a DoDal or MinJi shipper but I think you're getting NDS's character wrong. NDS never wanted to lie to Dal-Mi, instead, he was one of the first ones who insisted on telling her the truth. It was the grandma and HJP who told him not to- but admittedly there was also his growing fear of losing SDM once the truth is unveiled. 

The wind analogy is not meant to taken too profoundly. It sounds stupid if you insist on how it's been very unfair for NDS to "reap" all the benefits of HJP's work. But the analogy is supposed to show you how NDS has never been a person of his own. He has always just chanced upon a better version of himself that people offers to him...based on pure luck. (eg. like the math olympiad genius or the "NDS" that DalMi fell in love with). So like... it's a good thing for him... but it's also not, bcs it is still a delusion/lie. (basically, his whole life has been a lie lol)

Point is, you're not supposed to sympathise with him. You're supposed to see how his character has grown to come to terms with who he really is, instead of the projections people put on him. That's why I'm neither a DalDo shipper nor a MinJi shipper, cause both male leads are still respectively immature and using Dal Mi as a means to make themselves feel better.

@L2C Im sorry but that pissed me off, because you can not say you hate Do-San because of his actions, because literally  Ji-Pyeong was much worse. He lied to Dal-Mi for 15 years, he asked Do-San to pretend to be him and some more. You have to give both of them their share of hatred. So many people say Do-San is selfish, when honestly he is the most selfless person I have ever seen (ON TV and I honestly mean it).

They honestly both don't deserve her. She is too good for them, so many people are fighting who side they are on but they are forgetting to sympathy for Dal-MI. She is dealing with so much more than both of them. I am shipping her with Do-San, but I first hope Dal-Mi finds happiness and her success. 

And @LC, I really liked how you explain the wind lol, you said it so much that I would have and totally understand your point of the ship.

ONE MORE THING Ji-Pyeong is dealing with not getting the girl, Do-San is dealing hurting his girl. Lets stop comparing the two and just enjoy the show. I know that is impossible to ask but they are both great male leads they have lots of positive traits and some negative but they are the humans after all. (I know I just compared those two but to show it useless) 

@Maggie Shannon. 

You've said it. I really think we should just enjoy the show and let the ships sort themselves out. The romance isn't everything. There's a lot more to this drama than who Dal Mi chooses, and if you don't see it, then the whole drama is wasted on you. 

There's something that bothers me about kdramas sometimes. It's their depiction of suicide. 

If you look at the dictionary definition of suicide it's literally "Intentionally killing of oneself". What annoys me about suicide in kdramas is that they're always looking for someone to blame for another's suicide. They'd look for someone to call murderer. It's wrong. If someone hurts someone so badly that they want to end their life, the bully deserves to be punished. Painfully. He deserves to be hurt just as much as he hurt others. 

But he isn't a murderer. He didn't kill someone. Don't tell me that doesn't count. It does. A person who hurts another that terribly is despicable, but he still isn't a murderer. 

I KNOW that sometimes what someone does or says affects the decision to commit something so terrible, but in the end the person chooses to kill himself. It's a horrible horrible choice that just leaves an ocean of wreck behind. But it's still a choice. 

AoiTenshi:

any evidence ?

I agree. Yong San stayed behind one time lying that he was backing up database. He was typing code instead. I can't pinpoint know the motivation. Maybe Yong San  wants to sabotage Sandbox because someone close to him jumped off the bridge.

rom0n:

I agree. Yong San stayed behind one time lying that he was backing up database. He was typing code instead. I can't pinpoint know the motivation. Maybe Yong San  wants to sabotage Sandbox because someone close to him jumped off the bridge.

They reveal whoever wants to get revenge in episode 10. 

Daydreamologist:

There's something that bothers me about kdramas sometimes. It's their depiction of suicide. 

If you look at the dictionary definition of suicide it's literally "Intentionally killing of oneself". What annoys me about suicide in kdramas is that they're always looking for someone to blame for another's suicide. They'd look for someone to call murderer. It's wrong. If someone hurts someone so badly that they want to end their life, the bully deserves to be punished. Painfully. He deserves to be hurt just as much as he hurt others. 

But he isn't a murderer. He didn't kill someone. Don't tell me that doesn't count. It does. A person who hurts another that terribly is despicable, but he still isn't a murderer. 

I KNOW that sometimes what someone does or says affects the decision to commit something so terrible, but in the end the person chooses to kill himself. It's a horrible horrible choice that just leaves an ocean of wreck behind. But it's still a choice. 

Agree with this so much. I see this in a lot of fiction, not just KDramas - an almost romanticization of suicide, when it's a horrible terrible thing that the person committing suicide perpetrates on their survivors and which stems from mental illness. Where attempts are a 'cry for help' I can understand, but ultimately no one is responsible for suicide except the perpetrators themselves. 

On a different topic, I'm almost watching this series as a Melo/tragedy and I don't know how I've come to sympathize so with Ji Pyeong. Maybe because he's never had family or any support. It was so painful when the 2 were comparing what they had and you know the Ji Pyeong wanted to say that Do San was better off because he had a family (the drama implies Dal Mi and his name, but I think it's famlly). And the only one who has ever been there for him is Halmoni but Do San is also squeezing him out there. 

Anyway, it was clear from this week and Dal Mi and Do San are end game, so I know I will have my heartbroken. So I'm watching knowing that it's going to have a sad ending (for me). 

The other funny thing (which never happens to me) is that I had no empathy for Do San's struggle. I know he tried and Nam Joo Hyuk did an excellent job portraying Do San, but I just wasn't moved. I found it whiny and a little over the top (the feelings, not the portrayal) (especially compared to how Ji Pyeong with his much sadder life, in a way, refuses to acknowledge his hardships). And because I couldn't relate to Do San I was having difficulty relating to Dal Mi, who would normally have me in tears. And it's not Suzy - Suzy had me bawling for much of the beginning and middle parts of Dream High - I just didn't feel Dal Mi's pain beyond an intellectual appreciation.