Very classic, the best-friend tries to steal your man "unintentionally". I don't like her too much for that. I mean, I get the whole uncontrollable feelings thing but GIRL that's your best-friend that you are deceiving; not to mention, you are also deceiving the guy and lies that start off a relationship will reign hell once the truth starts unraveling. My advice to her would be to just stop backing out last second, and just be honest for the better of everyone. But we all know, that won't be happening anytime soon...

What is your advice for someone who's in a similar situation as this best-friend?

I would tell her to ask the best friend and hope the best friend is fine with it (and would sincerely wish them the best). At the same time, tell the guy the honest truth! 
It's soo much worse to hide it and not say anything at all
Srly so annoying (this situation)
Ok, this is a bit of a spoiler (!!!)... I think, for once in a kdrama (at least for me, I haven't watched it all), that the actions of this best friend are arguable. She'd like to have a taste of this thing called 'love' that she hasn't yet experienced in her own household and with other boyfriends - and since he'll leave within a few months... and the friend doesn't really seem to like the guy that much anymore anyway (or that's the impression Ha Ri gets from Hye Jin I think?). 

But of course, it's not okay to lie and deceive whatsoever. And of course there's never 'a good time' to explain the mess, but one should definitely try to be more honest with her best friend - for the sake of their relationship. So to answer your question, I'd urge this best friend to spill the beans to her best friend asap - to at least control some damage.

^ If she really thought that Hye Jin does not like him, there wouldn't be any need for her to lie to her, don't you think so? She even sabotaged her by stealing her precious piece of puzzle... 
^ Hmm, you've got a point. But then again, I think there still would be tons of reasons for her to lie... (again, spoiler alert!!) at first Hye Jin was really annoyed with SJ's manner at the office and voiced that eloquently to Ha Ri. Ha Ri knew it was wrong to lie and meet him in secret in the first place, but she was interested in SJ - and then she fell in love which is when the reason to lie shifted...

If Ha Ri had been honest about it/herself when she and SJ met in the hotel in the first place, there would be no drama - or maybe there would be drama since SJ probably would want to know who and where his Hye Jin actually is...
The friend is just wrong no matter how ,,, no excuses for her at all! she knew how excited Hey jin was when she first heard from him,,, and Hey jin kept talking about how special the relationship between them was ,,,,, she just ignored it as if it's nothing

but again  ..why is Hye Jin still not telling him anything ? 
Even though Hye Jin was annoyed with Seong Jun, she still had feelings for him and Ha Ri knew it.  If Ha Ri knew it was alright to date Seong Jun,  then she would have said everything openly instead of hiding everything and meeting him in secret. Ha Ri  is not innocent, but selfish. Out of all the men in Korea, she had to choose her best friend's first love. Selfish.

The things that Ha Ri has done to both Hye Jin and Seong Jun ruins friendships and relationships.  She is just trampling over all of their memories because she thinks she's in love, but she's not.  She  was so wrong, as she got stressed out and ended up in the hospital. 

Hye Jin was wrong too, because she should have never asked her friend to meet him in the first place. 
@Dango92 I can understand that. The white lies are intended to be harmless, but how long can Ha Ri last pretending as Hye Jin? So where does this leave Ha Ri?

1. She can keep deceiving.
Lie until the whole thing blows up and obliterates everything. What a great way to live.

2. Tell the Hye Jin that she's fell in love with SJ.
Best-friends shouldn't have secrets like that, especially because it involves the other person. They have the right to know.

3. Tell SJ the truth that she's not really Hye Jin.
She wants the relationship to stay the way that it is, but the reality of it is that there's no future if she continues with an identity that doesn't belong to her.

4. Other options??? What do you think is another way for her to approach this topic?