I don't really quite understand what happened at the end? He wakes up from the coma...and a bunch of corrupt individuals are about to capture him? Is that all? I feel like I missed something. 
I need to know as well~ I'm so confused -.- *bookmarks thread* 
Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
It's gonna have a 2nd season or so we hope.

But I think you guys definitely missed something. :))
Can you let us know what we missed YuanWei? I finished the show, can't really get spoiled now. 

[edit]

I deleted my comment

Hessa Volunteer Staff

It is not a coma, he has been hiding in a hospital. Moreover, someone else is helping him over the walkie talkie, since he did not die so the walkie talkie did not go to Hae Young, but he was saved by Hae Young in the past.

My interpretation is that it is not just past, present, and future anymore, lots of changes have taken place which resulted in the creation of parallel worlds/alternate universe/alternate timeline (whatever you want to call it), but at the same time, it is connected cause those who know about the walkie talkie still retain their conscious.

Parallel World "A"Parallel World "B"Parallel World "C"
  •  Jae Han is dead (Because future Hae Young told him about the hospital).
  • Hae Young finds the walkie talkie.
  • Hae Young tells Jae Han about the hospital and Jae Han dies.
The cycle repeats.

• Jae Han dead (Because future Hae Young told him about the hospital).
  • Hae Young finds the walkie talkie. 
  • Hae Young tells Jae Han about the hospital but manages to save Jae Han.
The cycle is broken.
  • Jae Han is alive (Because of Hae Young's help from parallel world "B").
  • Hae Young doesn't find the walkie talkie (Cause Jae Han did not die and the walkie talkie is still with him.)
  • Transmissions start again (Something happened in the future where Jae Han doesn't have his walkie talkie anymore).

It is not possible for Jae Han from parallel work "C" to receive help from the future Hae Young of parallel work "C", cause Hae Young would not have the radio since Jae Han did not die. But I believe Hae Young conscious of Parallel World "B" has been transported to Parallel World "C" cause how the hell would he know about Parallel World "B" if that was not the case.

Proof of the parallel world theory is that Hae Young was moved to different teams in the beginning of the series, but in the end, the teams with Soo Hyeon, Gye Cheol, and Heon Gi is not there and he is still working in the old police station he worked in before finding the walkie talkie.

If you think about it, it is really confusing, don't know how the writer would be able to explain this in the 2nd season. But hope she does a good job.

in my opinion the ending was kept open..........to give the viewers hope for a second season
just like in the series it is said that "as long as you have hope and never give up you can change the future"

toward the last scene we get to see the walkie talkie flicker again maybe the transmissions started again or had started for a while now but this time with someone from the future (just a thought)

pls ignore my comment ... this was written              almost a year after i watched it

[deleted comment]

It's up to you. Always in a time travelling movies, time keeps repeating like its already happened making the old saying about the life you live now had  already lived by someone. The someone is you. It's just like that the sequence repeats and is your choice. The same is with Hae young, Soo hyun and Lee. It's miraculous that it is given to our thoughts if to think in a way how we wanted the ending as well. 

I don't know anything anymore 

I haven't been this confused since Ich Seh, Ich Seh

When Past Changed, Detective Lee lived. But he was hiding at the hospital because of false accuse of murder. He kept walkie talkie that is why Lt. Park never recieved signal when past change. But he left note for both Lt. Park and Dt. Soo because he knew that they both will look for him in future.

And In the last scene of hospital, signal again recieved on walkie talkie on the day of feb 5 , that means future detective lee again send  signal to himself and left notes for both park and soo.

lee always tried to change the past because of his determinatiin and will, he was worried that cold cases will never solve if he will die.

I do agree regarding the walkie talkie. There was only one to begin with - the one that existed when Dt. Lee was alive and when it came into the hands of Lt. Park.  As for Dt. Lee, he could have been in hiding for 15 years. Remember his father was burning small receipts or something when Lt. Park visited. Maybe he had been helping his son while maintaining that his son had indeed been missing for 15 years. Also the statute of limitations had already passed for the (false) murder charges. And he used a Payphone to call Dt. Soo without saying a word. Maybe he was in hiding and wanted to reassure her of his promise - remember when the past had changed, he had told her that he would be back. The smiles and positive look on the faces of Dt. Soo and Lt. Park as they drive to visit Dt. Lee as they point out 'never to give up' and that one needs strong determination, brings out positive hope that at the end of the road, there is hope. And as for the transmission on the walkie talkie towards the end, it could simply mean that there is hope and that change can happen as long as there is determination - remember there is only one walkie talkie now that Dt. Lee is alive. 

Actually, if you will analyze the ending, it's already done. It may seem like two transmissions happened but I think there are actually more transmissions. This is purely based on my opinion so I'm not saying that this is right but it could be.

First transmission- it wasn't shown but remember when Lee Jae Han first sent the transmission? Park Hae Young told him to go to that old hospital but Hae Young can't remember him and Jae Han died. That means that they failed on it so he told Hae Young to convince him on 1989 because he knows that the transmission will happen again.

Second transmission- this time, they changed what happened to the first one, that's why Park Hae Young knew that the past has changed when he was being brought to the hospital. He knows that there was first transmission. But they failed again. I think Jae Han died when he was discovered from that car and by that time, Kim Bum Joo might have been alive.

Third transmission- it wasn't shown too but this time they may be able to save Jae Han from dying and Kim Bum Joo died instead of him. They knew that they will never be able to change the past. They worked on it for 15 years, but I guess cold cases weren't left anymore. They could've changed some of those. This time, Jae Han could've died on the future, February 5. So this means Hae Young still has the walkie talkie until February 5, 2015.

Fourth transmission- this time, they were able to solve everything. Jae Han knew that they will be able to catch the real culprit in the future (2015) so he hid in that hospital. No more cold cases, because I guess they never gave up on it on the third transmission so the only thing left is the real case. Jae Han hid in that hospital for 15 years. He waited because he knew that would be the right time to end everything. Remember in the 2nd transmission, he was warned not to go in that old hospital but he went anyway with his team. He used that method to Hae Young and Detective Cha by warning them so that could mean that the two also brought back up with them. Since he did not die anymore, Hae Young doesn't have the walkie talkie but I guess they have a new way of communication. How could Jae Han knows Cha Soo Hyun's number? That could've happened on the third transmission!

The confusing part is the lighting of walkie talkie again. Remember when they prevented him from dying during the second transmission? His walkie talkie lighted up again but there was no transmission to Hae Young and then he was saved. If you will connect it, he could've died (like I said on the third transmission) on February 5 again (since it lighted up) but there was no transmission to Hae Young so they were able to prevent it during the fourth. So that means they were able to save him that day when those guys went to Jae Han. Idk if I made it clear hahaha but they ended it.

I have posted a comment before, but Today I watched again this series, and suddenly a thought came to my mind.

Dt.Lee is old, then it's possible he will die at some point, then the walkie talkie will eventually go back to Lt. Park. So in future, Lt. Park might be in danger that's when future Lt. Park will send transmission to present Dt. Lee in hospital ( Like present Lt. Park sent transmission to past Dt. Lee in past, so now Dt. Lee is saved He is past in future for Lt. Park), It might be possible something went wrong in future, that'why future Lt. Park might contact Dt. Lee in Hospital to do right the wrong things as Dt. Lee always said "Never give up" to Lt. Park. That'when walkie talkie flicked in hospital in the end. 

Or it might be just "a signal " to show there is always hope to do the right the wrong things and never give up.

Plus, I always wonder why the director and writer didn't film Dt. Ahn alive, Because he will live too, when Dt. Lee didn't die and Kim beom died in past. It was shown that Dt. Ahn was captured only.