THAT WAS AN ABSOLUTELY MIND BLOWING ENDING!

This here folks is what I like to call an open ending. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of these type of endings but I think it was the best type of ending made to suit this drama. A typical romantic wedding would not only contradict the misogamist element of the drama but it also would have been very much expected and rather boring considering the intrigue and suspense that the drama offers. 

I have no words for that scene in the end where Sigma remembers everything because of his journal. They had me in the first half not gonna lie - but on a serious note, that character overall gave me sO many mixed feelings. I wanted to feel sympathetic but at the same time I full on wanted to put a bullet through his head but I think the mixed emotions show how well of a job the production team has done.  I really appreciate their hard work and effort in producing the show because even though it was a mumble jumble of time lapses and flashbacks, I enjoyed all the action and cinematography and the well done performance by the actors. 

Anyways, what do you all think about the ending? What were you expecting and did you actually like the ending or do you think it could be better?

Best ending it could be, because it's the most moving one. Goosebump.

No matter it have an explanation or not.

One possible explanation : Time reset from 2001. Tae San is alive. Now Tae Sul have hallucination about a woman Seo Hae. He prefer to stay with her, even illusion, than take the pills. Does he remember something from timetravel ? No, he just remember her. So in a way, love is only what can survive to a temporal reset. About this Seo Hae, hard to say how she is, we can just rewatch the scene, because she ask questions about wine or things like that. Look innocent, look simple (child mind ? Merge ?), and also look like your wife, ordinary couple.

W two worlds Season 2:

Best ending it could be, because it's the most moving one. Goosebump.

No matter it have an explanation or not.

One possible explanation : Time reset from 2001. Tae San is alive. Now Tae Sul have hallucination about a woman Seo Hae. He prefer to stay with her, even illusion, than take the pills. Does he remember something from timetravel ? No, he just remember her. So in a way, love is only what can survive to a temporal reset. About this Seo Hae, hard to say how she is, we can just rewatch the scene, because she ask questions about wine or things like that. Look innocent, look simple (child mind ? Merge ?), and also look like your wife, ordinary couple.

Is Tae Sul having hallucinations or Tae Sul save both? (world and girl) 

I'm thinking Seo Hae on the plane is real and not his hallucinations

admonike:

Is Tae Sul having hallucinations or Tae Sul save both? (world and girl) 

I'm thinking Seo Hae on the plane is real and not his hallucinations

Yes, here my other theory about this, what I prefer (copy past from comments) :

Sigma has healed to some extent, he doesn't want to destroy the world anymore. And he has all these notes with him (assuming the existence of a new timeloop where these notes come from). Tae San probably has the plans with him (the ones that were supposed to be in the safe). One possibility, the uploader will be built, but this time, not for a loop leading to disaster.

And the Seo Hae of this future is sent to the past, which explains the plane scene in another way. Seo Hae is really there with Tae Sul. That's why he can lean over and rest his head on her shoulder. Also, Tae Sul throws his pills on the ground. Not because he prefers to live with the illusion of having Seo Hae by his side (one supposes that he uses these pills to cancel his hallucination, as he did with his brother in the previous timeloop). He throws away the pills because Seo Hae is finally there with him, in real life, and not as a hallucination.
All this may be a happy ending, but with the emotion of a sad ending, well both at the same time.

Additional information about the "New timeloop" ending.
The end scene with Sigma must have a purpose and this is it.
Sigma has healed in part. And at the end, he puts on the glasses to look like Tae Sul. Which suggests that he will develop the uploader.

As for the first episode, someone from the future appears in the past during the plane scene. In the past, Tae San's brother, in disastrous conditions. And here, Seo Hae. All this seems to me logical concerning the narrative links and the usefulness of the scenes. With, of course, the surprise effect. The plane scene is told before the Sigma scene. Already because the emotional link is stronger with the previous scene. This is incomprehensible at the time. The scene of Sigma arrives then to provide the explanation of what could have happened.

Since there is a new, completely unknown timeloop (we see nothing of it), it is difficult to tell the mental state of Tae Sul at this moment, and why he seems to already know Seo Hae before she appears. A previous merge effect, or a previous appearance of Seo Hae is possible, or a previous appearance in timeghost. Why does Seo Hae play the game? Since there was a new timeloop, she also got information somehow, making her return for Tae Sul. She comes from a future that was not devastated by war, and she comes back for him only this time, not to prevent a war.
Put quickly: she comes back for love, not war.

I do agree with most of the explanation part by @w_two_world_season_2 but which i dont is that i really think KSH in the last plain scene is a hallucination...the reason why i think so  is firstly if the war was stopped and KSH had a normal childhood and returned to past for her love  why would she ask such common question of what Naengchae ( korean meal ) is to HTS...that shows she’s just the KSH which HTS met ( as KSH which witnessed the war didnt really knew food names taking the reference where she asks about bulgogi and tteokbokki from his father )...and as we saw that KSH disappearing she can’t be there on the plain....plus just a minute addition to prove my speculation she was on the same seat in the aeroplane as HTS’s brother in ep1 and both of them talked about wine so i guess they both just got switched...the ending of ep16 also shows a photo of HTS alone in aeroplane where his next seat is empty in the ending credits...and thats the reason he refuses to take the pill as it was shown in ep1 the moment he took them the hallucinations would disappear...he wishes to live with the hallucination...

@Emilly : this ending can be seen with many possibilities. And it what make it great. Even if it's not the general opinion of many people who prefer clear and definite ending. For me, it was the best one, we get all the emotions of many possibilities instead just once. An ending like that hit more, there is no fan service, just the deep idea.

So your point of view can be true too, and there is a lot of clues pointing on this. Yes, same seat as Tae San, and the seat was empty at the beginning of the scene. Yellow sweatshirt instead pink one. (favorite color of Seo Hae). Hallucination or not, I still think there was a time reset. I'm too lazy to rewrite here all I wrote elsewhere. Since my last message here, my analys evolved.
So I just copy-paste the link to this blog :

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2021/04/14/sisyphus-ep-16-my-final-take/

Here, the opinion of the blog owner can also be true. In fact, her final statement can also be compatible with my vision of the never ending loop. She think it was a myth, I think the myth stay forever. Just this difference. The positive message of the drama is the same, either you break the loop or the loop is infinite. Message of hope, forgiveness, life without regrets, it's all the same. I think it can be nice in a loop because life is an never ending cycle. It's the karma whell, bad or good one, Samsara. But I don't think Tae Sul become bouddha. Even if you can think the plane scene as a trip to Nirvana.

If you want to know more about how this thinking is born, read the thread about episode 15-16. Here you will see how it evolve. At first we don't understand. Then post by post, our thinking evolve and we start to find clues and make hypothesis.

A very good ending. After reflecting on, I came to the conclusion that you need to fix first why the title plays a very important role in understanding the whole? And that is why, while echoing the myth of Sisyphus, I asked myself, who is it? And I figured it must be Han Tea Sul, not Sigma. Why him? The answer is simple - the myth of Sisyphus. In Greek mythology Sisyphus was punished for cheating death twice by being forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down every time it neared the top, repeating this action for eternity. The gods punished him for stealing ambrosia, which was the food of the gods; she gave them immortality, as well as for imprisoning Thanatos, the god of death. Han Tea Sul was punished for creating a uploader that would give people immortality (the ability to travel in time) against the will of God. As we know, Sisyphus tried with all his strength to roll the stone to the top of the rock, which eventually rolled down. As for me, the stone of Han Tea Sul's is Sigma, which he is trying to defeat mercilessly, but when it turns out to be in vain, everything ends bad and everything repeats itself anew. And for me, this time Han Tea Sul is losing again despite the apparent win. And still, because his suicide changes nothing. Only for a while Han Tea Sul can rest; he wakes up in the past, when the "madness" started on the board of the plane. But this is not the same plane, and it is not his past, because he is not sitting in his previous place, Kang Seo Hae is sitting next to him, after a moment of reflection and dilemmas, he comes to the conclusion that it is not the past, because then he saw his brother, and he doesn't have to take pills, because if he sees her and remembers who she is and what happened to her, it's only because they are both dead and this is his illusion of heaven. In addition, the plane is saturated with light, which for me clearly indicates his vision of the afterlife and eternal happiness. And here it would seem that everything is fine, they died, but saved the world and millions of human beings. Because we have the last scene with Seo Won Ju "Sigma", who seems happy, paints a laughing little boy and is happy himself. It would seem, at last, a happy ending, right ?! No! Sigma gets a jacket from Seo Hae's father, which has everything he needs to start all over again. And just at that moment I got the answer about how Sigma ended up in the past at all. Probably the uploader will be finished anyway, as Eddie Kim will do it with the plans that Han Tea San has (who has awakened and will probably go back to the past to save his brother). Somehow, Sigma is also one of the first to go back to the past with the people mentioned in the notebook, he will invest in Quantum and Time and everything will start from the beginning. So the ending is scary, because it was never meant to be the ending, it's to show us how it all started and not ended!!! The ending is the beginning!                                                                                                          And one more important comparison when Sigma tells Eddie Kim: "You are like Thomas Edison, even your name sounds similar" - you will become great and nobody will remember who Han Tea Sul was just like about Tesla (Tea Sul - Tesla). Which gives me a picture of the future again, Sigma knows Eddie will complete the uploader. And Sigma himself does not go back to the past so that Tea Sul would complete his invention, but in order to destroy him and make him suffer, because after everything that happened and what he experienced, he not only has a resentment towards him (caused in his childhood, when Han Tes Sul from his savior and the hero of his drawings has become his enemy) but now he hates him and wants him to suffer like him and will do anything to take revenge on him and then on others.