Episode 9 feedback

Nothing re: autism.

My only feedback, that I find worth mentioning, is how adults treat children.

I've read a lot of news and listen to commentaries about the Korean education system and how children today are already thinking about passing the national exam instead of playing, as compared to a few decades ago. This episode is more about that, the current situation of the Korean education system and the culture it inadvertently molded in Korean society.

For that, I have nothing to say about it. It is their culture, it is their society, it is their education system. Yes, I do have an opinion about it, I agree with the message of Episode 9. But at the same time, I also do admire the education system they built. There are pros and cons to it.

Instead I'd like to say something about "adults".

Globally, we often hear from parents: "I am doing this for you", "I am doing this so you will have a better life", "I am always at work so you can have a very good education and get a high paying job or start your own company", right?

There is nothing wrong with that. Who wouldn't want their descendants to have a better life, especially in today's world when things just get harder and harder? No matter how "evil" one is, it pains us to see our descendants to not have a better life than what we had.

The problem is, it has become an excuse and a justification for the parents' absence in the life of their children. Children need their parents. If their children grow up "bad" because of "bad influence", parents' will blame their children. Your children grew up that way because you were/are always absent in their lives. They want to feel loved. So they searched for it and found it elsewhere … from other people … from their friends … worse, from drugs and vices.

And the process will repeat again once these kids have their own families.

The message of this episode about children no longer playing, it is also true in other nations and in other families. We have become so focused on the future that children are forced to understand the world around them instead of enjoying their lives and learning things their way.

These will be important memories when these children grow up. It will their silent source of happiness. It will shape them unconsciously. The experiences, lessons, and memories, we create as little kids will always be with us once we are adults. We often dismiss these are "useless" but it will define and mold us as adults.

You don't believe it to be so? Look into yourself. Barring psychological factors, what made you who you are as an adult? Was it not the entirety of your experiences, lessons, and memories when you were a little kid?

Two people were born and grew up in the slumps. One became a very successful businessman and the other not. What prompted for them to have different paths in life?

Two people were born in a wealthy family. One became a very good, and upright citizen who helps other less fortunate people; while the other grew up looking down on everyone who is not of their level. What were the factors which influenced them taking different paths in life?

More often than not:
1. The presence of their parents … and being wise parents at that.
2. Having good experiences, lessons, and memories when they were young.

Life only gets harder and harder. Should we not let children build up gather as many happy memories, positive experiences, and good lessons, while they can so they have a storehouse to pull from when needed?

Your last line is my favorite. :)

Hwaiting to the next generation!

And could I add, the guests in this drama are no joke :)