Hello guys! I am quite new here - well actually, I have been lurking for more than a year and have been making contributions a bit and I want to get into it more right now.

One thing I noticed, compared to a website I used to work for (anime database, not MAL) that there is no way for you to see what happened to your contributions you made. I would love to know if it was accepted or denied, if denied - why, and if there is any problem or question arising from the people in the MDL team, what it is that they want to know.

But most importantly, example:

I want to add a new actor AND a new drama. Both of them aren't on here yet. I can obviously add both on their own, apart and not linked to each other. But when I do this for many different actors, I will loose the overview and also I never get any confirmation if both that actor and that drama are now accepted and added into the database so I can go and add the relation (actor is main actor in that drama) afterwards.

Would be cool to have a little list somewhere on your profile or at least in your own settings somewhere. It doesn't need to be visible to the public and look pretty, just be functional.

Even a notification (that of course should be able to be turned off somewhere for people that don't care) that something was accepted or denied is plenty here.

Cheers, Neliel

Edit: I noticed now that if something is denied, you actually get a notification and private message with the reasoning. That's good. But doesn't fix most of the problem I address here.

65votes

I second this!

Neliel:
Would be cool to have a little list somewhere on your profile or at least in your own settings somewhere. It doesn't need to be visible to the public and look pretty, just be functional.

Great suggestion. I'd also like something like this.

this is definitely a good idea!! \

Very helpful to contributors who contributed information.

It may help other contributors also if we can see what they contribute (if the user set it to the public), and maybe the other contributors can put a "like" to it to show that the contribution is good, and make the contribution progress faster.

Oh yes please. I need this so bad.

Quoting a comment from another thread, editing in MDL is like sending a signal to the space then waiting for it to magically return. Indeed the approval staff members have things to do in real life and in rare situation it can take more than 5 days for edits to be approved but having this might reduce my anxiety.

All I need is just bare minimum (a list showing my pending edits and it will be emptied once all are accepted)

Griffin Seannery:
All I need is just bare minimum (a list showing my pending edits and it will be emptied once all are accepted)

Totally agree-  would also help to keep track of number of edits; same for all pending things on this site- still would love a functionality around pending friend requests (ie ones you have sent out).