Like JOB description 'Screenwriter & Director' this needs to be included as well.

In the cases of extremely popular Chinese authors, Gu Man & Mo Bao Fei Bao, they can only be listed as either one or the other but NOT both. This leaves out much of the information about them, especially when it comes to being an author, and leaves it up to kindly MDLers to post "discussions" or comments under their dramas to point interested READERS in the direction of their novels.

EXAMPLE:

Gu Man is the original author of:
'Just One Smile is Very Alluring' [movie/ 'Love O2O' drama]
'Silent Separation' ['You Are My Sunshine' movie/'My Sunshine' drama]
'Come & Eat, Shan Shan' ['Boss & Me' drama]
 'Blazing Sunlight'
'You Are My Glory' [drama]

She is also either the sole or contributing screenwriters of these adaptations but only 'Blazing Sunlight' gives her credit as the original author and that's merely because production hasn't begun so the screenwriter is unknown currently. Will she have to change her accreditations to merely 'Screenwriter' & not "Writer"? Why do Directors get to distinguish their accreditations only?

Mo Bao Fei Bao is the original author of:
'One Life, One Incarnation - Beautiful Bones/Love Your Bones Forever' [Both 'One and Only' + 'Forever and Ever' drama]
'Stewed Squid With Honey' [Go Go Squid drama]

All 3 of these dramas she's listed only as the 'Screenwriter' when she's also the original 'Writer' of the source material.

4votes