add boys love and girls love tags

This discussion has been closed.

it's the most used terms in fandom to make it easier to look for what we want , and ( I believe ) how they're marketed .

LGBT+ is not specific enough , and with the tags like gay romance sometimes it just refers to a side relationship in a drama that doesn't interest me if I want to watch something that  focuses on a BL or GL relationship . So please consider adding these tags .

0votes
Hessa Volunteer Staff

Gay Romance tag is the MDL and western equivalent of BL. It is used only when the story is a Romance story and the main characters are gay. Tag description, "A sub-genre of Romance that primarily focuses on two or more main male characters falling in love and possibly ending up in a homosexual or homoromantic relationship."

If we could a synonym to it, we would add BL, but for now, we can't. But the Gay Romance tag should serve the same exact role, even if we don't add BL.

Tags (Same for the lesbian tag):

LGBTQ+: A material depicting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (or questioning), and others. 

Gay Character: The depiction of a character that is sexually or romantically attracted to people of one's own sex. 

Gay Relationship (Use only when marked as a Spoiler if they are not dating in the beginning): Focuses on two or more main male characters already dating or ending up together in a romantic or sexual relationship.

Gay Romance:  A sub-genre of Romance that primarily focuses on two or more main male characters falling in love and possibly ending up in a homosexual or homoromantic relationship."

xxmai locked this Mar 23, 2022 04:45 pm