There is something very wrong with the search, it can't find series easily even though I type in correct strings.

Does not find "Mr. Queen" series when typing in "Mr. Queen" (identical), nor "Mr Queen" or "Queen".

Does not find "Extracurricular" series when typing in "extracur"

It seems to match only whole words. And gets confused with commas and such.

You need to implement a fuzzy algorithm for the search of titles at least.

0votes

A more flexible search on MDL would be useful, in the meantime if you want you can use the classic google in this way:

what to search site: mydramalist.com  

I assure you will find that search even if you write wrong

ArniA:
You need to implement a fuzzy algorithm for the search of titles at least.

Not that we don't want to but the fuzzy search is hard to do, but we should look into it. Mr. Queen, Mr Queen works for me.

ArniA:
Does not find "Extracurricular" series when typing in "extracur"

Updated: It seems like there was a bug in our settings.

Ji-N:

Updated: It seems like there was a bug in our settings.

It works for me.

It would be nice in the search result (top, at the beginning) to have 2 buttons to sort by "date" and "country" without having to use the advanced search.

Ji-N:

Not that we don't want to but the fuzzy search is hard to do, but we should look into it. Mr. Queen, Mr Queen works for me.

"Mr. Queen" works now, but I swear it did not work previously, and I made no typos, tried numerous times, quite a simple title.

But hopefully you find a solution to improve search with something like fuzzy search (I've implemented fuzzy search using Fuse.js, but I don't know your system, but I imagine it's a direct db query into something like mysql).

edit: actually the search seems much better now than it did previously.

i was looking for "full house"

the result in the search box at the top is  https://mydramalist.com/search?q=full+house

and I didn't find what I was interested in until page 3,  then I gave up

then i tried it with a search engine (for MDL) that i installed on the browser and the result is this https://mydramalist.com/browse/all?sort%5B%5D=relevance&q=full%20house

and i immediately found results on the front page.

if it can be useful to refine the search of the box........