I got this idea from another drama movie review page, and I think this is good to prevent ppl from getting into internet brawls or huge essay comment in the comment session

The comment section tends to become so toxic that a person would get individually attack if he critizes a show. This would prevent ppl  from voicing out their critical opinions movie or drama, which is not a good thing for current viewers and future viewers as well, as it will set an unrealistic expectation if the comment and review section only say the nice things.

2votes

I actually think the opposite is true - the comment (and forum) sections have become so negative lately! I feel like folks just want to talk about how much they hate everyone and everything all the time. I personally wouldn't want this suggestion to be implemented for this reason.

Hi, I am aware that the comment section is super negative but I also want critical opinion to be voiced out without the person being personally attacked? Maybe a feature for a user to just exactly leave one review, and the number of thumbs up only, without letting ppl relying directly to that review . Then if the number of thumbs up for that negative review is high, then there are ppl of the same opinion, but if the number of thumbs up is low, then it's just the person being toxic for no reason and hence shouldn't be taken as a serious comment towards the show 

Like, if a person makes a negative comment or review on a series exactly once, that's still acceptable, but replying to every other praise of the series with his or her negative comment is no good. That's just the idea I have. ( you can go to the Ossan Love Hk threshold to see what happened there, when one single person replied to almost every other comment to bash the show) 

I saw this feature implemented for this big Chinese movie review site and I think it works pretty well. At least there's not much internet brawl directly visible... Cause now it seems that one can't even make a critical review towards a movie without being attacked.I just mainly would like the comments to be more diverse, but ofc limiting toxic and trolls to as far as possible... 

It is actually on our to-do list. Could you link us for more reference?

Hi, the comment section of these three series 

1) Ossan Love HK, around July - August period

2)  Kieta Hatsukoi, on going 

3) Utsukushii Kare, on going: the amount of passionate essays in the comment section bashing the character and series hurts my eyes, though it's getting better recently 

That's great to hear! Thank you 

Sorry, I mean the Chinese site.

Ah, the name is Douban 

Here's an example 

https://movie.douban.com/subject/30156023/