I don`t think she will die. The mermaid was not in the first season because Lee Rang did not meet her and fall in love. Lee Yeon changed this aspect in his brother`s life. That doesn`t mean that she can`t die in the end of the series but I doubt it is the case.

Yoo Kihyun:

I didnt like romance scenes
I think Rang is just feeling so lonely and wanted to try love someone
I dont think he really loves her

I agree. She is the first lady that showed interest in him and she was quite persistent. To me he is just lonely. I don't see any chemistry between them. 

Naaah, it's just that people love to complain and they've been complaining like bratty kids since season 1 about the romance. They seem to want only bromance or most probably some BL with incest. Not to mention they seem to overlook the romance tag. No wonder why you cannot take their opinions seriously. So I rather complain about these "viewers" now that I have a few minutes to waste.

Since I started watching this series last week, I can say I really enjoyed season 1 and I am loving season 2, even though this is not my usual type of drama. 

BadAllDay:

Naaah, it's just that people love to complain and they've been complaining like bratty kids since season 1 about the romance. They seem to want only bromance or most probably some BL with incest. Not to mention they seem to overlook the romance tag. No wonder why you cannot take their opinions seriously. So I rather complain about these "viewers" now that I have a few minutes to waste.

Since I started watching this series last week, I can say I really enjoyed season 1 and I am loving season 2, even though this is not my usual type of drama. 

Perhaps some people are drawn by bromance. But the female mountain god is a more interesting character than that mermaid. I don't know. I just seem to find her very boring 😞. I want someone more for my Rang. 

FrankieD:

Perhaps some people are drawn by bromance. But the female mountain god is a more interesting character than that mermaid. I don't know. I just seem to find her very boring ?. I want someone more for my Rang. 

She is a sweet girl and their love story is cute. She is a supporting character anyway. I like that their romance is not in front and center but enough to see Lee Rang in another aspect of his life. I remember reading that he will have a short but intense love story. Even if she will die, he is growing emotionally so I don`t know why some of his fans don`t like it. From what I saw, Lee Rang spent quality times with his brother, and that is great. Plus, he started to open up with another person, he has falling in love. I say it is a plus from what was in S1.

Hong Joo is more interesting. I am watching for her but even I have would have wanted a story of her own, something more meaningful but it is alright. I still enjoy the characters, their dynamic, different deities/folklore characters,  even if the story lacks in many aspects. 

I didn't think so, i loved them a lot more than the main leads. It was so sweet, and hilarious how she was trying to win him over and his oblivious self couldn't even hint at it. lmfao their date turned into a horse training battle.  For those who say his love for her is fake, and aren't real... just because he's emotionally like depressed and what not, I personally don't see that. Regardless of who it maybe someone is bound to heal him when he's down. He doesn't know how to heal and love himself so of course he'll fine someone he can connect with and trust. Just like Yuri and her own family, they were his happiness when he was depressed about his brother's death. The mermaid was someone who gave him a purpose to live and die for other than his brother.  And the fact she's a mermaid makes it even cooler! But that's my biased opinion. I would like to see these two a lot more than the main leads sorry...