Greetings to you from me, Blue water tigress! So, have you done the homework I gave you last time? :Have you guessed who I really am? If not, don't worry. You will have plenty of time to do it. In the meantime, I will share with you my impressions of watching the second part of the story about Si Ma Yi, a Chinese military general, politician, and regent of the state of Cao Wei during the Three Kingdoms period of China.

Before I started watching Growling Tiger, Roaring Dragon, I intuitively felt that the second part would be better and more interesting than the previous one, The Advisors Alliance. And I was right. This series is more lively and dynamic, with many scenes of battles and military campaigns. In contrast, the first part was mostly about conversations and conspiracies. But the main thing is not even that, but the fact that in this part there is a character who I like even more than Si Ma Yi himself.

I think you can guess who I am talking about. Of course, this is Zhuge Liang, a Chinese military engineer, strategist, statesman, writer, chancellor and later regent of the state of Shu Han. He was the only one worthy of being called Si Ma Yi's rival, because all the others before him, from Yang Xiu to Cao Zhen, Si Ma Yi had twisted on his fingers, despite their mockery and intrigues against him. The same goes for everyone after Zhuge Liang.

Especially among them, I memorised Cao Shuang, a rare piece of idiot who surpassed his father in his foolishness and stupidity. I liked the scene in which Si Ma Yi literally growled at Cao Shuang. I thought then Si Ma Yi was going to turn into a tiger, attack and bite him. But then it would have been necessary to add another genre to the series — fantasy. :)

After watching both series, I realised what name I would give to each of them. I would call the first part the same as the second part is named — Growling Tiger, Roaring Dragon, where Growling Tiger is Si Ma Yi and Roaring Dragon is Cao Cao. The creators of the series, naming so the second part, under Growling Tiger, probably meant Si Ma Yi, and under Roaring Dragon — Zhuge Liang. But I cannot agree with that.

I hate dragons because in the Apocalypse of John the Theologian, dragons are associated with the devil, the antichrist and their followers. Accordingly, a lion in the Apocalypse is associated with the Lord Jesus Christ. For me, Cao Cao is one hundred percent a dragon, bloodthirsty and ruthless. And in my opinion, Zhuge Liang is like a noble lion, merciful to people. Therefore, I would title the second part of the story the same way I titled the review to it — Wise Tiger meets Noble Lion.

I was impressed by the fact that Zhuge Liang ordered Ma Su's execution not so much because of his pride and failure to follow his orders, but because his shameful behaviour had led to the deaths of many soldiers. I also liked the fact that after the voluntary surrender of the people of the three Wei cities to Zhuge Liang's army, he, under the threat of their return by the Wei army and the physical destruction of the surrendered people, withdrew them all from the cities, and remained almost alone in one of them.

Si Ma Yi described Zhuge Liang's character traits of honesty and love for the people as two of the five dangers, according to The Art of War by Sun Tzu. Well, Si Ma Yi can take that so-called book, which is actually a pile of waste paper, to the toilet and wipe himself with it. Zhuge Liang's clear mind and kind heart are worth hundreds of such books.

In the Bible, in the Old Testament, it is written that God wants mercy, not sacrifice (Book of Hosea, chapter 6, verse 6). Jesus Christ repeats these words to the hypocritical Pharisees (the Gospel of the Apostle Matthew, chapter 12, verse 7). God loves merciful people and always helps them. As shown in Growling Tiger, Roaring Dragon, God helped Zhuge Liang as well.

In the two parts of the story, there are two scenes that are different in content but similar in scale. In the first part, there is a scene where Cao Cao sings in a large square, and his subordinates and the army sing along. That is one of the most powerful scenes in The Advisors Alliance. But I liked the scene from the second part more. That is the scene where Zhuge Liang plays the zither over the entrance to the Xicheng city in front of a hundred and fifty thousand-strong Wei army led by Si Ma Yi.

At the same time, a scene of Si Ma Yi's imaginary conversation with Zhuge Liang is shown, but in reality it is the former's struggle of Si Ma Yi with his own ambitions. That scene is just gorgeous. It's a good thing that Si Ma Yi overcame his ambitions and didn't enter the city. Better a worthy defeat than an unworthy victory. Besides, it was dangerous for Si Ma Yi's family.

I liked the sound of the zither. When I was a child, I attended a music school and graduated with a degree in piano. But the wrong musical instrument was chosen for me. With my small hands, I couldn't play an octave properly, so I suffered a lot before I graduated from music school. Later, I realised that I should have chosen the violin. I like the sound of the harp even more. Maybe I'll learn to play it one day. It's never too late to learn something. By the way, the coat of arms of Ireland is a golden harp with silver strings on a blue background.

I liked the relationship between Si Ma Yi and Zhuge Liang. It didn't feel like a rivalry, but rather like a friendship. And what a wonderful, beautiful “dress” Zhuge Liang “gifted” Si Ma Yi! It suited him so well! And the size was right. What a prankster, that Zhuge!

Zhuge Liang is a much better strategist and tactician than Si Ma Yi, but he stands out even more for his moral qualities. Si Ma Yi himself admits that Zhuge Liang is more noble and decent than he is. But in one thing I agreed with Si Ma Yi the most. He said that Zhuge Liang was too loyal to his deceased emperor and the one after him in promising to take back the Central Plains. For that, he spared neither his strength, nor his health, nor his life. But in the end, he was more loyal to man than to God.

One scene in the series proves that. It showed how powerful the power of God's providence and will was. It is a scene with sudden rain and the turtle. It seemed that the last one had been living in Si Ma Yi's house for years, was of no use and did not want to eat what was given to it. But it had a purpose. It was just waiting for its time.

After what happened back then, Zhuge Liang, in my opinion, should have stepped back. God showed everyone, including him, His will for Si Ma Yi. And Zhuge should not have gone against God's will. But he didn't take that into account, and it ended in his untimely death. You cannot be so loyal to your ruler. You need to be loyal first to God, and then to your family. In fact, it turned out that Si Ma Yi did not defeat Zhuge Liang, and Zhuge Liang did not defeat God.

In the same way, God has long ago decided that He is on Ukraine's side and that we, Ukrainians, must win. He showed that to the rashists and the whole world a long time ago, but the rashists and some others still could not understand it.

At the beginning of the full-scale invasion, they had a 1 to 20 advantage in weapons and troop numbers over us. They couldn't defeat us then, and they won't defeat us now. Whatever they do, even if they dance with tambourines or hang themselves, it won't help them. Because God is with Ukraine. And if God is with Ukraine, who can defeat Ukraine? That's right, no one.  

Open the Bible, the Old Testament, and read how God has dealt with peoples and states who have not lived by His commandments and have done evil in His eyes, and how the small Jewish people have defeated stronger and more numerous nations because God has been with them.

Just as the Lord has intervened in the life of Si Ma Yi and has saved him and his sons from death then, so He has intervened in my life to save me and take away from me everything that has been troubling, tormenting or just plain hindering my life. I even got rid of a pillow with teddy bears that reminded me of Huang Xuan.

It's worth saying that Wang Luo Yong performed his character perfectly. From the first second he appeared on screen, Zhuge Liang aroused my curiosity and won my affection.  This character even better than Mei Chang Su from Nirvana in Fire.

Wu Xiu Bo acted his hero very well too, in the second part even better than in the first one. I especially liked how he changed Si Ma Yi's facial expressions, his walking and even his tone of voice depending on his age and circumstances.

I liked the scene where Si Ma Yi and his wife Zhang Chun Hua were cooking together. I always dreamed of my husband being able to cook. Zhang Chun Hua put a bad “fidelity belt” on her husband. She should have bought one with a lock so that only she could take it off. :):):)

In raising their youngest son, they both missed. Si Ma Yi didn't punish him enough, and Chun Hua even pampered him. As a result, he grew up to be a real bastard and a murderer who not only broke one of God's commandments by coveting his brother's wife, but also ended up killing her (not only her), breaking another commandment not to kill people.

Bai Ling Yun didn't give birth to the best of children too: not only was he illegitimately born, but he also grew up to be a mean little snake who brought disaster to his family. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that I think the character of Bai Ling Yun is superfluous in this story. As for me, the real troubles in Si Ma's family began with her arrival and Si Ma Yi's adultery with her. Sin begets sin, and evil begets evil. No matter how elegantly she is called, concubine or courtesan, she is still a mistress. Si Ma Yi and Zhang Chun Hua had to resist the imperial decree to the last and not accept Bai Ling Yun into their family. It would have been better for Si Ma Yi to have his career ruined than his family.

Zhang Chun Hua is a noble, kind woman who has come to terms with her presence and her husband's adultery. I admire her. But I personally wanted to vomit from all the love scenes with Si Ma Yi and Bai Ling Yun. Honestly, I wanted her to be kicked out of the house for her hair or to get lost in the woods. :)

I do not judge anyone, because Christ has said not to judge anyone (the Gospel of the Apostle Luke, chapter 6, verse 37). We are all sinners, we all make mistakes. But let's call things by their names, and call black things black, and white things white.

Regarding the upbringing and punishment of children, I would like to quote to you some words from the Bible, both from the Old and the New Testaments. “He who holds back his rod hates his son, but he who loves him seeks to chastise him” (Book of Proverbs, chapter 13, verse 24). The Apostle Paul said: “For every chastisement seems at first not to be joy but sorrow, but later it produces the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who are trained by it” (Hebrews, chapter 12, verse 11). “When you suffer chastisement, it is as if God were making you sons. For what son is there that his father does not chastise?” (Hebrews, сhapter 12, verse 7).

God does the same. He beats the one He loves. He punishes the most whom He loves the most. Do you think He hasn't punished me? Of course, he punished and taught me. He continues to teach me. God punishes those who are not hopeless and who can become better than they are. That's how Si Ma Yi's two younger sons should have been punished and taught. Then they would have grown up to be human beings, not scoundrels.

I was delighted to see in the second series who Si Ma Yi really loved — his lawful wife, Zhang Chun Hua. That was especially evident in the scene of her death. They were not only spouses and lovers all their lives, but also loyal friends and associates, and, as I said before, one whole and united body. Because in spite of everything, Chun Hua forgave her husband. She forgave him for everything because she truly loved him. I liked the chainmail used to be worn by Zhang Chun Hua. I wondered if it wasn't the same mithril chainmail worn by Bilbo and Frodo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings. :)

I would also like to say a few words about Cao Pi and Guo Zhao. Again, I don't want to judge anyone, but Cao Pi has shortened his own life by killing the innocent Zhen Mi and leaving his eldest son Cao Rui traumatized for all his life. As for Guo Zhao, Zhang Chun Hua warned her yet in the first series not to meddle in someone else's family and become Cao Pi's concubine. But she didn't listen to her. It all ended tragically. She could have married Si Ma Fu instead, had children and lived happily ever after. Although, given the way she ordered Madame Zhen's burial, perhaps she got the end she deserved.

Despite the large number of beautiful shots and scenes that I have liked, the plot is full of gaffes, holes and miscalculations. It seems as if the scriptwriter, while writing the script, got confused about the events and their chronology. The plot in this series, as in the previous one, is its weakest point.

At the beginning of the series, there are two huge gaffes. The second drama begins where the first one ends. At the end of the first drama, Cao Rui is still a child. And at the beginning of the second one, according to the plot, he is already 23 years old. As told in Growling Tiger, Roaring Dragon, Si Ma Yi was suspended from his position at court for only three years. During those three years, Cao Rui could have grown up to adolescence, but not become a 23-year-old man.

Also, I didn't understand why Cao Rui trusted his uncle Cao Zhen so much, while he was afraid and suspicious of Si Ma Yi. Didn't he know that Cao Zhen was one of those involved in his mother's death? Si Ma Yi, on the other hand, saved Cao Rui from death in the first part.

In addition, in my opinion, it would be worth filming Cao Rui's wedding to his empress, the birth of his daughter, and who she was born to. I also consider a plot hole that the audience was not shown the wedding of Si Ma Yi's youngest son, Si Ma Zhao, and the birth of his son, who, according to history, later established the new Jin dynasty. That his son was never shown in the drama.

The best things in Growling Tiger, Roaring Dragon are the cast, the acting and the music. But I also have some complaints about the cast and acting. I didn't like either the appearance or the acting of Liu Huan, who performed Cao Rui. Rui's mother was a very beautiful woman. He must have been no less handsome on the outside, given that his father Cao Pi was also handsome.

It would have been better to cast for the role of Cao Rui Zhang Tian Yang, who portrayed the chief eunuch Bi Xie. Not only did he act his role well, but he was also very handsome. Where did they find such a good-looking guy? He doesn't even look Chinese, he has a more European appearance.

There was a character in the drama who really annoyed me. That was He Yan. It would have been better to show more of Lu Xun instead (also an interesting minister, politician and strategist). And I didn't understand why the male character He Yan was performed by an actress. Was there no actor in the whole China who looked like him, that the actress had to wear men's clothes and portray a man on screen?!

But I really liked the music. I still listen to tracks from both dramas. Each track corresponded to the scene where it sounded, which enhanced the emotional effect of it. I advise you to listen to it too.

I was disappointed with Si Ma Yi that was shown to us in the end of the drama Growling Tiger, Roaring Dragon. Unfortunately, he didn't become a noble lion like Zhuge Liang, but I would have liked him to. He didn't become a dragon either, but just an angry tiger who lost his patience and showed his fury (the dragon was his youngest son Si Ma Zhao).

I can understand his behaviour. He had spent his entire life serving his state, twisting and turning as if in a frying pan, implementing the new policy and taking part in military campaigns; pleasing everyone to save his life and the lives of his family members, while holding back his anger, his pain and emotions. But he was either feared, distrusted, hated or wanted to be killed. Some used him as a shield to defend themselves, others as a sword to strike with. Once a drop was supposed to overflow a bowl. It seemed to me that the last straw was the death of Zhang Chun Hua.

His rebellion reminded me of the end of the world described in the Apocalypse of the Apostle John. The first time Christ came to earth as a baby born in a simple stable to suffer for the sins of the world and to save the world. The second time He will come as the Lion and the King in all His power and glory, with all His heavenly host, not to save the world, but to judge it.

Then He will separate the lambs from the goats, that is, the good people from the bad, and keep the good ones with Him in the Kingdom of God, and throw the bad ones into the same place as the devil and the antichrist — into hell.

In the end of Growling Tiger, Roaring Dragon, one poor woman who has lost her beloved man and son sings a song about lambs and goats. That song especially reminded me of the end of the world as described in the Apocalypse.

In general, based on the results of watching the two dramas, I would say that both of them are complicated, cumbersome, and difficult to watch. I did not see some of the events I wanted to see. At the same time, some events would have been better left out of the series. In the last episode, the scene of the so-called wedding is stupid. I wish it hadn't been there at all. But I liked its final shot. It was such a smart and modest scientist that I remembered and liked Si Ma Yi the most.

I did not regret watching those series. But I definitely won't watch it again, because they leave me in a sad, gloomy mood. These are definitely not dramas that I think are worth watching again. But to get some idea of the Three Kingdoms period of China, both parts are worth watching once.

Well, pagans, hard-headed and stiff-necked! Maybe you should start listening to what I say to you! Or do you think I write to you and select songs for you only from myself? Everything was written and selected by God before the creation of the world. I am just a humble instrument in the hands of God, to whom He has given a destination and talents.

Do you think I have appeared on MyDramaList by accident? Of course not, I haven't come here by accident, and I'm not here to praise Huang Xuan (he doesn't deserve me or my reviews), but the One who really deserves it — the Lord Jesus Christ. By my words, He is speaking to you, to your dry souls and stony hearts.

You remember that in my review of Marvelous Women I have said that Jesus Christ is God the Son, God the Logos, incarnate as a human being. “Logos” is a term of Western philosophy, religion, psychology and rhetoric. In ancient Greek, it literally means “word”. It is used primarily in the sense of the word itself, science, law, and the supernatural world mind. Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ is God the Word.

The Gospel of the Apostle John begins with the fact that the Word was with God and the Word was God. This Gospel is special in that it is the only one to point out not only the human nature of Christ, but also the divine nature, which is especially emphasised. It is also the only Gospel that mentions all the hypostases of God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

I will quote to you its beginning in full: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came to be through Him, and without Him nothing came to be. And the Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.” (the Gospel of the Apostle John, chapter 1, verses 1-3, 14). Jesus always said that he did not speak from himself, but from the Father who sent him.

To those clowns who laughed at me and my grief, I would like to say the following. You've been laughing at me for the whole last year. Now it's time for me to laugh at you. Because the last one to laugh is the one who laughs well. Cause in this whole story, I am the scriptwriter, the main heroine and the actress, and the author of the idea and director is the Lord God.

But we should probably laugh at Huang Xuan the most. He doesn't know something. MyDramaList wasn't the first site where I started writing him praise reviews and comments. At the end of 2021, when I was watching a historical drama starring him called Feng Qi Luo Yang (Luoyang) by iQIYI, I first wrote a beautiful comment about him on the drama's YouTube channel under the video of one of the first episodes of the drama.    

But for some reason, I was the only one who saw that comment, and other users did not. I tried posting it under other iQIYI drama videos, but the result was the same. I even contacted YouTube's support team, but I didn't get a response. My comment was in line with all the rules of the YouTube community, so I didn't understand what was going on. Later, I thought that maybe it was not beneficial for iQIYI to have such a good comment posted about Huang Xuan. Perhaps the channel's moderators were more interested in such comments about Wang Yibo.

But I did not give up, registered on Rakuten Viki and published that comment on Huang Xuan's personal page under the nickname “diafilm5_142”. It is still there. Someone even put a like on it. I couldn't delete that comment because I lost my login and password from my account on that site. But maybe it should be like that. Let that be a reminder to him for the rest of his life, what and whom he has lost.

It was only later that I found MyDramaList, registered on it and wrote a similarly praising comment under the nickname “AdellaN” on the page of the Feng Qi Luo Yang drama (six months ago I deleted that account with all the reviews and comments). As you might have guessed, I named myself that way in honour of my favourite Mexican actress, Adela Noriega. That's how desperately I loved Huang Xuan then and wanted to help him. I still remember when the first time I have registered here. It was 26.12.2021. Some events are never forgotten, no matter how hard you try.

Perhaps it's a good thing that everything happened that way. Because if Huang Xuan and I were together, our relationship would resemble the one described in the Ukrainian song Scriabin (feat. Natalia Mohilevska) – Ty meni ne daiesh (You don't let me). Be sure to find the lyrics to this song and translate it. You will roll on the floor laughing. Yes, God is the real humourist. :Do you think who has given us, Ukrainians, such a great sense of humour? Of course, He did.

The above mentioned song was written a long time ago, and one of the singers, unfortunately, had passed away a long time ago. But its peculiarity is that it is bilingual. This song is sung in Ukrainian and russian. This is just one of many proofs that the russian language has never been suppressed in Ukraine. Quite the contrary, аs long as I can remember, my native, “nightingale” Ukrainian language has always been suppressed.

By the way, Huang Xuan has several peculiarities. According to numerology, his destiny number is 11. Such people either become great benefactors and prominent people, or a complete nightmare for all of humanity. Two famous historical figures of the last century had the same destiny number, one of whom was Adolf Hitler, and the other — Winston Churchill. One was a Nazi, a dictator who caused the deaths of millions of people, and the other was the absolute opposite, albeit with bad habits, who managed to unite his nation during the Second World War.

Perhaps that’s why God sent me to Huang Xuan, so that he could make the right choice. However, he brushed me aside like an annoying fly and made his choice. He is not interested in love and simple family happiness. He seeks wealth, fame and power.

His second feature is that he has strange eyes in the sun. I saw that when I was watching dramas with his participation. You can see it, for example, in the first episode of Minning Town, or in Sniper, when his character is standing in the sun. They become much lighter, like those of the demon he has acted in Tribes and Empires: Storm of Prophecy. That may not be a big deal, but it seems strange to me. After all, the eyes are the mirror of the soul. Personally, I think that Huang Xuan is suffering from a split personality. He has already drunk his eyes out. He needs to be treated, not dreaming of fame and power.

I have something to say to him personally. Huang Xuan, I don't believe a single word you say. The veil has already fallen from my eyes. I can see right through you. You will never write to me, you will never come to me, and you will never take me to the coast. You are a liar and you serve the devil with your lies. Depart from me, the “child” of satan, to the fiery hyena, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. And take your “father”, the devil, the old fart, with you!

Yes, Huang Xuan still offended and angered no ordinary woman: a warrior of Christ and a genius with brains like those of Empress Wu Zetian. :And most importantly, he offended and enraged a Ukrainian woman. You know, Ukrainian male soldiers are not afraid of anything, not to mention rashists, anything but one thing... Ukrainian women. :):):)

In my review of the historical series Shang Yang Fu, I mentioned the Chinese actresses I  liked the most, who were both very beautiful and talented. But they are actresses from the older generation. However, there are some Chinese actresses from the younger generation who can also be included in that list. They are also very beautiful and talented. These are such actresses as Zhou Qi Qi, He Du Juan, Wan Qian.  

However, there is another actress who I like the most among them. I've already found a series with her in it that I'd like to watch. I'll give you a hint: she's a little over a year older than me and in somewhat similar to me. But who she is and in what she is similar to me, you will find out in my next review.

Well, gophers, I won't tell you all my secrets. Keep thinking about who I am. :)