The Devil Judge

The Devil Judge (Korean: 악마판사; Hanja: 惡魔判事; RR: Angmapansa) is a South Korean television series starring Ji Sung, Kim Min-jung, Park Jin-young and Park Gyu-young. It aired on tvN from July 3 to August 22, 2021, for 16 episodes. It was also available for streaming on Viu and iQIYI in selected territories, and on Netflix from December 24.

A 48-chapter webtoon adaptation was serialized on Comico from July 11 to August 18, 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_Judge

These were translated from the writers interviews, (No spoilers)

“According to writer Moon Yoo Seok, ‘The Devil Judge’ was originally planned as a 20-part series.”

“In the first draft of the script, there was a scene where Isaac tried to take his own life for Yohan. It was because he thought that his father would not abuse Yohan when he was gone.”

“When I made characters, I ignored gender at all… Cha Kyunghee is just an ambitious power figure, and Yoon Soohyun is just a detective who wants to protect his first love. Both are familiar characters that appear a lot as men in Korean dramas.”

“On the contrary, Kim Gaon’s role is often given to female characters. Characters locked in conventional gender roles are obvious and uninteresting”

“Writer Moon Yooseok: If many people love ‘The Devil Judge’, we can make a follow-up season. If such an opportunity arises, it will be interesting to try it out with a more light hearted action tone like “Sherlock” or “Lupin.”

Thank you so much for the information! I hope that there will be a season two. I would watch Yo Han and Ga On be gay and solve/do crime together for as many seasons as is possible. xD