Unnie25:

@Knavery yes to everything you said.

We are 12 episodes in but the plot is still on episode 1.  They keep throwing a bunch of interesting twists but they don't answer anything. So far all we know is Lee Lim and the PM are just bad to be bad. There is no emotional connection, no villain origin story. They have so many characters with great potential for interesting plot and they just skim over it. Like what's up with the cousins that are next in line to the throne. Why can't the oldest son be the heir? Why does it have to be Se Jin? And who is Se Jin? I have a feeling that is another character they are going to throw in the mix.  And where in the world does the chief go out to at night????? I fear they will never answer that lol.

I think most people may have forgotten that the show started with Lee Lim in interrogation explaining the mansapansik to Tae eul.... What that means, no idea. But it's something to think about as they try to wrap up this mess.

After "struggling" for more than half of the drama and saw how the story goes, I don't think they could wrapped up this drama prettily. Tbh, I still watch it simply because I want to know how they will end this mess... We have main leads, but somehow the main story itself doesn't belong to them. We have a promising villain character, but he barely got enough screen time. We have several interesting side characters, but their arcs were left hanging in the air. And how can I forget, we have so many questions after each episode aired but, alas, just few answers popped up on next episode.

At this point, it wouldn't be surprising if on the last scene there's LG, riding Maximus towards another gate/door (that's my imagination LOL)