EP 1

35:50 Mark
We meet PM reading about Labor Union news.

36:30 Mark
Eventhough she is PM, she is just a regular person, goes thru security checks like everyone else, and allows herself to be patted down, eventhough this seems to be an everyday thing, as she often wears wire bra, but still it's the rules, and she follows them.

39:13 Mark
Lady Noh calls the PM a bitch, obviously no love lost between these two. It seems the PM may have romantic interest for LG in the past, whether for romantic sense or political sense, it is not clear. LG makes fun of PM, teasing she wil become queen to make Lady Noh annoyed. This is basically talking bad about PM.

42:00 Mark
PM bows and her secretary bow to LG, he doesn't return to bow. Kind of tells us how he doesn't really respect PM. PM tries to make some small talk, but LG would have not have it, first words he comes out is insulting to PM, basically saying Maximus doesn't like PM, and there's an offhand theat maximus will bite her. PM stands her ground and says, well I bite people also. This is necessary because the PM has to show she's not a weakling, and will fight back if provoked, regardless of who he is. This is the first time we are seeing the PM's personality.
We also see the political savvyness of the PM. She believes in her mind, if the PM and King are close, maybe even married, it would look good that the supposed two powerful leaders of Corea are united. This shows us the political savvyness of the PM, how she knows what imagery are needed to show in politics.

42:47 Mark
Another offhand mark, stand there because that's your pretty side. I would be offended if someone told me this. It is just something you don't say offhandedly to colleagues. He also tells her not to wear heels. Her heels are not too high, plus it fits the red dress she is wearing. I feel this is insulting because it is implying LG thinks PM should not try so hard to be pretty, and shoud wear more practical clothes. There is this notion that guys think girls can't do their jobs if they are pretty, or try to be pretty with makeup, clothes, high heels This imagery of high heels gets used a few more times in this drama. It's insulting.

She takes the comments in stride, and tries to make some excuse, how he shortened the public address time, so she was rushed. Apparently there was a set time in the schedule and the PM and her office alloted time for it. Only for the King to change the time, because he thought if the address is 18 minutes, 12 minutes should be enough time to get ready. I mean the nerve. It's like telling a girl, well you get off work at 5 PM, so I expect you to be ready by 5:12, because you only need 12 minutes to get ready. How clueless is LG really?

This scene here really showcases the PM in her glory, it shows that no matter how insulting, misogynstic and respectful LG was, the PM can take the higher rode and stand her ground.

43:15 Mark
She updates LG on the state affair. It's peaceful and the citizen's are happy. At this point in time, we don't know who is the main factor for this. But after 13 episodes, we don't see LG do any work, so we can safely assume it's thru the policies and work of the PM and her staff. In fact, LG even admits in 43:31 "it's all thanks to you". So we know the success, peace, happiness of Corea has been in a big part thanks to the PM.

She also mentions people will be happier with the photo. It may be true, because it would show a unity of the countries two leaders. Once again, in the PM's mind, this is all politics

43:57 Mark
PM makes another remark about learning horseriding. I think most viewers here know, she's obviously not being sincere here, just making small talk, like when you meet a friend who is an equestrian, you may make some offhand comment, i'd always love to learn. But LG just took it at face value and says, only if your honest will the horse take you to the edge of the world. And he ask, are you honest. I think this is LG asking if the PM is really honest in courting dating LG, then they could take it all the way. But as we know, the PM really isn't interested in romance, she's looking more for the political angle, which I understand. There are a lot of political marriages in the real world, I won't judge them.

This exchange, the way LG sees PM in my opinion is quite condescending. I don't feel any respect from LG at all.

I saw the thread that you, @KikiCastle and Charlotte were exchanging about PM vs. Lee Gon (too long, haven't finished). I actually don't like the fact that she's too power hungry, and will want to do anything for her greed. My response would be longer if I were to cover more points but basically:

1. My disinterest and 'meh' feel towards the PM stems from the fact that her character was not fleshed out properly. She reminds me of the FL in Misty, but at least in Misty the FL won't get involved in any criminal acts. We are two episodes left and have seen how the PM is willing to join force with the traitor to achieve her goals.

2. I do agree that the masscare scene at the bookstore under Lee Gon's order was a bit too much, and we can start to question his morality at that point.

Is this topic thread only for ep. 1 only, or you will do for all episodes? Ep. 1 barely covers anything between Lee Gon and PM, lol.

I started writing, and realize its taking too much time lol. Plus after watching Ep 14, obviously there is no redemption scene for the PM in the end. One day, I may finish it, but it would be pointless if the PM just becomes super evil.

She'll be another super villain, sent to jail like her husband. 

The way the PM was written was quite poor. Too bad also, because a young/female politician is a hot topic these days, and showing one in a good light would have been refreshing.

The writer just rehashes stereotypes about females in power. They only care about looks, they are not good at their jobs, they let emotions cloud their judgement, they are not as good as a Man, and etc... 

This is a step back for women everywhere. Even TE the last few episodes has become completely useless, the narrative is dominated by LG. I guess time to let LMH shine the brightest.

I'm sad at the way ep 14 is turning out, the confusing time travel/parallel world story is not ending well, and in the process weakening it's female characters, while bolstering the male ones for the big finish.

We saw the same problem I have with the Prime Minister's character in Lee Lim's character in Episode 14.

They're smart, cunning and wolf like until the writers suddenly decide they need to be used to move along the plot. 

The Prime Minister was always good at plotting, not being taken advantage of but suddenly after a little rejection from the King she's willing to work for Lee Lim and give up her ambition? Her whole career and life has been built on being the one who makes decisions. She had already been through a marriage. But because the writers don't know what they're doing she's suddenly docile to Lee Lim.

Episode 14 highlighted the problem once again where Lee Lim suddenly travels back in time to try to convince himself to do something else. I'm not going to get in to what a disaster Episode 14 was from the time travel standpoint... where actions don't change things where convenient and do change things where it is convenient. Forget a butterfly flapping its wings causing a hurricane... this was a bull in a China shop destroying all the merchandise except the most fragile pieces. It makes no sense.

Lets just talk about Lee Lim the guy who's evaded capture, turned hundreds of people to his side suddenly resort to begging himself. And this was after he slaughtered dozens of guards and killed his brother (the elderly Prince who advises Lee Gon). It's just stupid. He's a ruthless killer and plotter the entire series and then episode 14 is "JUST KIDDING LOL WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE DOING WITH THESE CHARACTERS".

The two most interesting 'villains' were destroyed by this writing team. 2 hours is not enough to save or salvage them after the garbage we've seen in 11-14.

Yeah ep 14 was horrendous from top to bottom. 

So LG shoots Prince Buyeong son in the leg, and there's no ramifications from that? 

LG shows his face to lady Noh, and theres no ramifications from that? She rememebers things from the korea war, but she can't remember the face of LG? 

Yeah, I don't understand why future LR just doesn't go and kill baby LG himself, and for such a supposedly smart villain, he was pretty stupid in the end. 

Also, he and LG were running, so obviously they both knew they were suppose to race to save LG and etc... SO why did future LR waste time having to convince past LR, would it not be faster to kill the baby LG? 

Look at future LG, he's smart, he goes to the throne room right away, no detours.