As many know, Li Xun and Zhu Yun's story took many turns. Because of Li Xun's actions, he was sent to jail.

This leads to the first question: DID LI XUN DESERVE TO BE PUT IN JAIL?

The ADORABLE couple (still madly in love with each other) took their first largest turn.

This is my second question: HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT ZHU YUN GETTING LET DOWN BY LI XUN; DID SHE DESERVE HER "CONSEQUENCES"?

I personally believe that Li Xun's sentence was very sudden, as others were doing much worse actions that should've led to more fatal and strong consequences, yet he was the only one sentenced. Later, as he was released, he tried very hard to regain his life back, and took on a course of revenge and anger. Zhu Yun helps him, and as they fail and succeed, they learn more and more about each other, and fall even more deeply in love.

The above are just some basic story questions that will hopefully leave you to ponder more deeply about this truly fascinating and emotional story. 

P.S. I really enjoyed this drama, and rate it 10/10. I hope my fellow MyDramalisties also enjoyed it!!!

P.P.S Below are just a few more questions that I hope can spark discussion!

1. Fang Zhi Jing was a big tougie. WHAT DO YOU THINK MOTIVATED HIM TO BE THIS WAY?

2. Gao Jian Hong was quite a nice guy, but for some reason he had to take the side path. I know that he was jealous of Li Xun and Zhu Yun, but DO YOU THINK HE DESERVED TO GET SICK AND GET PUSHED BACK BY LI XUN ONCE AGAIN?

3. Xu Li Na was quite a pitiful one. I feel kinda bad for her in some way. DO YOU THINK HER DECISION TO STAY WITH GAO JIAN HONG WAS CORRECT? DO YOU THINK SHE ALSO DESERVED HER ENDING?

So many more questions evolve from the characters like Ren Di, Fang Shu Miao, Li Xun's older sister, Zhu Yun's parents, the people of L&P, and more, so please add on as you please and provide more questions, answers, and explanations!!!!!!!!

Thank you MyDramalisties - Have the Best Day Ever!!!!

(I know these questions are a bit counterintuitive, and to those friends who have strong feelings towards a character or action, I do not mean to offend in any way.)

For the first question, yes Li Xun did deserve to be put in jail. Li Xun chose to revenge for his sister knowing the consequence rather than live quietly with Zhu Yun. So he was deserved to be put in jail.

1. I am not sure what motivated him to be this way but I do know that he was aware of how powerful Li Xun is so he kept telling GJH to stop but he never did. I liked that he was aware of the fact he won't win against Li Xun.

2. Yes he did deserve to get sick and be pushed back by Li Xun and Zhu Yun again. Zhu Yun was fine with accepting Lao Hao again and Li Xun has his way of telling people feedbacks. He doesn't want to sugarcoat it and wants to be honest so he showed his honesty to Hao which made him mad, also the fact that Hao was jealous. The whole story about him getting sick was a stupid idea in my opinion but I'm glad LX and ZY didn't just let him come back and be friends again. Also Hao chose to go his own route and compete against LX and he didn't stop even after FZJ told him to.

3. I think her decision to end up with Hao was correct because to us viewers it seemed like they never liked each other and they just used each other. But I think deep down, they both did like each other but they weren't able to show it. I think she deserved her ending with Hao because they both did end up having character development in the end so I thought it was fine.

Questions I wanna ask other people:

1) What was your opinion about ZY's mom? What is one scene of hers that made you so mad?

My answer:
I really hated ZY's mom. She was really controlling and she treated her daughter like a child waking her up early morning as if she's a kid, telling her who she should date and where she should go, not needed at all! Leave her alone and let her live her life freely.
One scene of hers that made me so mad was when she knew LX was an orphan but asked him questions like where are his parents KNOWING that he was an orphan. But LX's answer back to ZY's mom was really good and I'm glad he didn't back up just because she's his future wife's mother (aka mother in law).

2) What was your first impression about ZY's painter friend?

My answer:
At first I thought he was pretty kind and I did think he liked her but I knew he wasn't gonna be rude about it or anything. Also I noticed a lot of times how he was being nice and putting his hand on top of the car every time ZY gets off so she doesn't bump her head. That's a really kind act of his. As the show went on and showed about him, I was so glad he didn't betray her and tried to help ZY from her mom.

First Q: LiXun definitely deserved to be put in jail...(and it made sense that he did). He punched out a guy's eyeball in a public event and made him go blind. This guy came from a well-off family and there were many people at the scene (and filming/recording). Also, within the premise of the film, I think it is still justified. I don't remember any "worse actions" you may be talking about (hacking was punished, as seen by HouNing, and the under-the table dealings in a competition/business aren't necessarily punishable by law). LiXun did a very violent thing that could've been avoided if he kept his emotions in check...the fact that it was pre-meditated is even worse. It's pretty interesting that there were a handful of times that FL alluded to this situation as acting on impulse but it really wasn't. (it's scary that he had enough hate to plan and follow through, but it's safe for FL bc we know that he thinks before he acts)

Second Q: Although I'm not a big fan of ML and I feel bad that FL was let down, I'm a fan of their CP. (let's be real though...if my best friend was dating ML, I would split that ship as soon as it sailed. I don't have any friends that would be compatible with his personality).

1. FZJ is just selfish. He sets goals, is persistent, and values winning above relationships. TBH, I don't think of him much more negatively than that of ML. Of course, we can also assume parental and class-based pressure on FZJ. And we know that ML values relationships over winning.

2. I did feel really bad for GJH in the beginning episodes because he always got the short end of the stick. Where it went wrong is when GJH  let the jealousy fester. You can see that he changes the most throughout the drama....at the start his intentions were very pure, but with ML always triggering him and bluntly leaving him in the dust, he changed for the worse. I don't think he really "deserves" to have malignant cancer, but I think it was necessary for his change (to see that people cared for him as a person, rather than his accomplishments).

3. I was really surprised that XLN was already married to GJH. I was very suspicious of her intentions, but I think the scene in their home's hallway (after the dinner...iykyk) showed how she really did love GJH. While it contrasts the "pure first love" trope that we see in the main CP, its still love. I don't think there was anything wrong with her ending. GJH truely loves XLN too (there were a few very sketch actions, which showed his clouded judgement with the jealousy....but I think GJH bounced back after the whole sickness ordeal).

aad's Qs:

1. I didn't hate FL's mom actually. He character made a lot of sense, coming from a motherly and school-admin background. Although, I do think it was a bit much for her to go to her teachers in college and say that she/the dad was just "swinging by" to pick her up (even after she came back from abroad).
The one scene that you brought up...it's kindof interesting...my first thought when I saw that scene was: surprise that the mom did not know or forgot that his parents passed. I think it really solidifies that she's not a very compassionate or accepting person, which is really opposite of a lot of "mother" characters. I was really surprised that ML thought to soften his words to her (it could've definitely gone the wrong way). I think we have to remember that the last time the parents saw ML, he pulled that stunt (asking about money and connections and being extremely blunt) in effort to break up with FL.

2. I think that Tian XiuZhu was nice...very big SML friend-zoned vibes. His only vice (if you would call it that) was just liking FL. He did what any normal person who liked someone would do: be nice to the family, support and do good for the FL. He wasn't manipulative nor vengeful. 

My Qs:

1. What would you do if you met ML in real life?
I would run. ngl. Scary kid who plays with lighters, is a hacking and coding genius, and punched a guy's eyeballs out. I still appreciate his character though.

2. Thoughts on RenDi's relationship?
Ok, stemming out to support characters now. I really enjoyed RenDi's character, and I was glad that she finally got together with  Liu Zi. I thought it was really interesting that we saw the major shift in Liu Zi's character (catering more towards the fame and entertainment structure, instead of the music). In the end, we see that they are together still, despite us not seeing the change in focus towards music (which is what Ren Di seems uspet about). At first, I thought that it was weird...very unlike Ren Di to dismiss this change she did not want. But just as I'm writing this, I'm reminded of the beginning, when Liu Zi was willing to scrub toilets for a chance for their band to play at the bar. His inside really hasn't changed that much (meeting with industry leaders to prevent Ren Di from being blocked out of the industry she loves). Music has always been secondary to caring for Ren Di's dreams.

wow super long post. I was a big fan of the diversity of characters in this drama and how it makes us all think/discuss.

Now that you mentioned, I guess it's right for her mom to act like that due to how he ended up being the last time he met ZY's parents.  It is very opposite to other mom characters because some mom's may not be acceptable but they change over time. ZY's mom though, there was no character development for her. She was being rude till the end. I was also surprised that LX softened his words because I expected him to talk back to her, which he did but he didn't go overboard. He said the truth.

I loved the SML too, he was not manipulative like you said nor went overboard with her because she chose to be with LX.

elie's questions:
1) If I did meet LX irl I guess I'd act cold and try not to get close to him. I've never thought about meeting a fictional character in real life so I don't know what I would actually do, but I like his character.

2) Ren Di was one of my favorite characters. I'd always stare at her hair when she comes in a scene haha. Her relationship with Liu Zi.. I don't have a lot of thoughts on it but I loved their relationship though.

I have not replied to a post where I typed so much about a drama I liked so much and this was my first time. I enjoyed typing a lot about the characters and the drama and didn't realize how long my post was LOL.  I enjoyed so much discussing about the characters and also answering and asking questions. 

My take - I think LX ended up I jail only because FZJ was powerful enough to get him jammed in there for that long.

What he did was not right yes- but did he have a choice when he could not do anything legally and also he did not have anyone to advise him. But I also think that isolation in jail calmed him and helped him become more reasonable.  LX needed that isolation because he was at his low point and he was helpless and desperate. He pretty much lost everyone in his family and ZY’s parents were horrible. ZY was too young to handle something like that too. He did not want to give her that responsibility. So I understand his actions harsh as they may be - she would not have left him otherwise and would be dragged into that hell hole.

As to why he pushed ZY away - he knew what the consequences would be and he did not want her to wait for him.  But ZY is who she is and she was determined to be with LX because LX made her shine and that was important to her.  Nothing wrong in that.  If it were me I would give that relationship another shot as well because for what it’s worth they we great toghether whenever it happened and that is what is important. So yes that was worth it- they both grew during those 3 years apart even ZY was very different from who she was and I liked how they had to slowly heal to come back together - it was not instant they had so many break throughs. And Li Xun stood by her too - because he stayed in that company where ZY got him that job. Guys like that are very rare to come by.  If I find one like that I would stick to him too. He is way more loyal and worth it than some of the guys who ‘act’ nice all the time.  This is a relationship where you have to look u see the surface.

I hate ZY’s parents and that includes the dad because he never supported his daughter openly against the mom. They were abusive parents who mistreated Zhu Yun and never empathized with or respected LI Xun.   They did not respect their daughter either and just did things as they wanted.  Zhu Yin was the character I felt most for and in spite of that she evolved into a very strong, determined and smart woman and I liked that about that character growth .

Xu Lina is a very pathetic character- again there is nothing pitiful about her. She was not really loyal to Gao and tried to contact LX after marrying Gao. That shows that she has no moral boundaries . Am I surprised that her relationship with Gao turned out that way - actually no given that he knew her obsession  for Li Xun - the person he hated the most .  Why did she even marry him?she should have refused no matter the reason. 

Gao: cannot say anything about that despicable creature. What he and FZJ did just because someone was better than them is unpardonable . LX did not deserve any of the stuff that happened to him in the hands of Gao and FZJ. 

LX did the right thing exposing FZJ’s cheating . The one thing that bothered me was that the university never stood behind their students - such that the students had to take matters into their hands .

Can you imagine what would have happened if FZJ had started working with that kind of ethic? he had no bottom lines or boundaries and it started in middle school- that is scary. If everyone has turned a blind eye then what is the point.

Rendi was an amazing nonjudgmental friend for Zhu Yun. Everyone needs a close friend like her. I did not like Xiumiao.  

As for the painter - he was too mild - did not have an opinion on anything always tried to please her mom which I hated.

As for the first interaction between Li Xun and ZY’s parents - they definitely pushed him over the edge . They showed no positive feelings towards him- and they were rude, harsh and disrespectful - insulted him, his I telligence, his family everything . Put yourselves on his shoes - how much would you be able to put up with?

I can’t justify any of Zhu yun’s mom’s actions or words . They way they treated their daughter after LX went to jail said it all- they did not deserve to have a child.  They were the main cause for her for almost dying and they were still talking about sending her abroad in that state. They never cared about their daughter - just the idea of how their ‘perfect’ daughter should be like. That is why I am not surprised the ZY turned to LX who actually gave her more freedom to be who she was and think independently- she found her voice through him. 

So those of you trying to justify her parents as ‘loving’ please stop. I am a parent too and I can tell you that is not loving your child.

Also if a friend dated a guy like LX - I would not say anything to her - just support her decision whatever it is - will not force her one way or the other because each person is different.

Kinara:

Also if a friend dated a guy like LX - I would not say anything to her - just support her decision whatever it is - will not force her one way or the other because each person is different.

A relationship is not one shoe fits all - what maybe suitable for someone else may not be for me - we all make judgements based on our personalities and it’s always biased