Hi everyone!

Like many others, I completely fell in love with the 2020 C-drama The Romance of Tiger and Rose. It's clever, it's hilarious, not to mention super cute drama. It is not without flaws, sure, but generally speaking, it is a breath of fresh air in our beloved drama world.

Since it seems to be commercially successful drama as well, I hear that season 2 is a possibility.

My question is: do we want it?

Spoilers for The Romance of Tiger and Rose ending ahead!

The ending of season 1 was satisfying: the main OTP found each other in the modern world, they both have their memories intact, they can start a relationship.

I want more of their cuteness, but I am worried (albeit prematurely, I know!): what if the season 2 will just keep breaking them up** (e.g. by getting them new love interests, making them lose their memories...) and getting them together again, suddenly ignoring all they went through in the season 1?

I would like to hear your thoughts on where the series can go after season 1. Also, feel free to compare with the sequels of other c-dramas - are they usually good quality?

If it were up to me, I would welcome a final special episode (or a film), set in the modern world, rather than another season which could potentially ruin the established story.

**E.g. I didn't watch The Eternal Love, but I know it has like 3 seasons already and the main characters keep losing their memories and there are like several versions of each character - nothing against it, but do we want this for The Romance of Tiger and Rose?

I'm totally down for a special episode or film. I think it ended in a good place- despite me wanting more of this cute couple! But a special would be nice to have loose ends tied up and give us the characters in the present time without adding extra unneeded conflicts. I think their love is in a good place but also would be interesting to see it translate in the modern world. There's a good amount of conflicts that could arise- enough for a film. 

On another note- it would be interesting if other characters existed in the modern world as well.

the ending is good so i don't know if i want a sequel to ruin it. though i don't mind them making more similar stories to this one.