I enjoyed it for the most part but I think it would of been better as a 12 episode tv series.

Nothing was explained why woon ho went back to NZL. Wasnt explained how he died. How didn't nobody know he died for 20 yrs.

Also i hate time skips they skip way too much and you left with 10 minutes not knowing whats going on.

I enjoyed the first half but the last 30 minutes or so for me let it down

Yeah, I was like, what happened to Yeondu and Hyunjin. The ending seems like a masterpiece tribute to her but it really lacks some depth. I guess it is because it is a movie. A drama series would totally  make the story better.  Although this one is a different story, but this movie reminds me of Our Beloved Summer. That one was well-made. 

I just finished our beloved summer the other day, it gave us a decent ending. Even though I had a few problems with with the side character's and minor plots that went know where.

If they were going to kill woon ho off it shouldn't of been a time skip. Give us the answer first and do a time skip where she reflected on her first crush. Something on that sort of range

Half way through the movie where they had a fade in, I thought this is where an episode would end. This would have been a great drama with a change to the ending. I can’t deal with sad ending anymore.

For a  country that has a high suicide rate you would think they would tone it down. But it's a common theme for south koreans, not every show or movie has to have a happy ending but the majority of them are just rushed endings plus having him die wasn't necessary, when they literally skipped 18 years without a word

Spoiler!!!!

So how come hyun Jin didn’t know he died? Like that’s his best friend!!!! They should explained how he died!!! When the movie ended it have 5 mins left. Why they can’t explain how he died, what happened to bora after watching the tape!, at least give her a decent ending even tho Poo wong died, also what happened to her best friend and his best friend?. . They could have explained all that. I waited 5 mins if they had a clip at the end. Nope! None!!

Even tho the ending could have been a happy ending. I wish it was a happy ending. The movie was great!!! I had all the laughs and it was so sweet watching childhood memories. Sigh*** nostalgic… wish we can go back. Everyone must watch!! So good!! Kim Yoo Jung and every cast did a great job!! Love them

Xoxobrowse:

Spoiler!!!!

So how come hyun Jin didn’t know he died? Like that’s his best friend!!!! They should explained how he died!!! When the movie ended it have 5 mins left. Why they can’t explain how he died, what happened to bora after watching the tape!, at least give her a decent ending even tho Poo wong died, also what happened to her best friend and his best friend?. . They could have explained all that. I waited 5 mins if they had a clip at the end. Nope! None!!

Even tho the ending could have been a happy ending. I wish it was a happy ending. The movie was great!!! I had all the laughs and it was so sweet watching childhood memories. Sigh*** nostalgic… wish we can go back. Everyone must watch!! So good!! Kim Yoo Jung and every cast did a great job!! Love them

That's the thing, they did that build up just for the last 20 or so minute's was lets skip two years have her communicating to him stop to we will skip 18 years just to find out he died with 5 minute's to go. If they were going to have him die they should of had them find out sooner. What happen to yeon and hyujin? It looked like they were building up to be together but then we don't hear or see them again.even if they made this into a TV series they still would of done it bad. I enjoyed it for the most part but the last 20 minutes was just a rush mess to give us no closure for a depressing end

i did enjoy the film, yet going by the name of the film, 

what i would have changed is the theme being the 20th-century girl, trying to portray a movement in a girls life around the turn of the century.  First half showcases the youth making us endear to the FL and ML and then the second half showcases the FL slowly forgetting the ML as she has no idea what happened to him and growing up. then this film comes to her and she watches it and re-remembers the time and memories of 20th entury.

but as i typed it down i feel it might also might not be something i would have been 100% happy with.

I would change that ending! What in tarnation was that ending ?! I did not expect that at all. I thought maybe an accident, amnesia, coma, you know the usual tropes. No, they had to go and test my humanity. How do you kill the main character off in a rom com like that? I would have the ML live FFS.