Similar to this with the unrequited love starting with the ML falling for the FL first then the FL later reciprocating his feelings. If he has a tragic past with trauma like this one would be the cherry on top and if it's Taiwanese even better. This is my first Taiwanese drama btw so any Taiwanese recomendacion would be cool. 👍☺️

Before we get married fits your description but its very popular so its possible you must have already watched it?

143TWICE:

Before we get married fits your description but its very popular so its possible you must have already watched it?

Haven't seen it yet. This one, The way you shine, is my first ever Taiwanese drama. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely check it out. 

[Not in any order] Some non-Taiwanese recommendations: 

Ashes of love - historical cdrama (1000% tear-jerking unrequited love by the ML)

Abyss - modern kdrama (ML has unrequited love)

Begin again - modern cdrama (I think this was ML likes first)

Legend of fuyao - historical cdrama (1000% playful ML falling first and playing with her alot lol)

Lucky's first love - modern cdrama (Unrequited love and ML chases first)

My secret romance - modern light kdrama (100% ML falling 1st and chasing continuously)

Pinocchio - modern kdrama (ML falls first and I think he started chasing her first too)

Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru - modern jdrama (I think this vaguely fits your criteria too lol one of my most fav jdramas though!) 

Your welcome :)) Note: before we get married has the same FL from the way you shine!!

143TWICE:

[Not in any order] Some non-Taiwanese recommendations: 

Ashes of love - historical cdrama (1000% tear-jerking unrequited love by the ML)

Abyss - modern kdrama (ML has unrequited love)

Begin again - modern cdrama (I think this was ML likes first)

Legend of fuyao - historical cdrama (1000% playful ML falling first and playing with her alot lol)

Lucky's first love - modern cdrama (Unrequited love and ML chases first)

My secret romance - modern light kdrama (100% ML falling 1st and chasing continuously)

Pinocchio - modern kdrama (ML falls first and I think he started chasing her first too)

Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru - modern jdrama (I think this vaguely fits your criteria too lol one of my most fav jdramas though!) 

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I finally have a nice watch list to binge this weekend. Don't hesitate to recommend more. I'll never get tired of watching this thrope, it's one of my favorites 💕

I would love to read your reviews on my recommendations! And really can't think of more to suggest at the moment 😂

143TWICE:

I would love to read your reviews on my recommendations! And really can't think of more to suggest at the moment 😂 

Lol! No worries. I'll get back at you when I finish them. I don't know yet how to review dramas here in MDL but I might send you a DM of my reviews 😊 

Sure, you can tell me through DMs! Happy watching ♡ ♡