Can somebody please explain what is Aranya's Dream and how both the FL and ML are caught up.

From Wiki: Chen Ye met Aranya when she was still in the snake pit, where she was thrown in by her mother after she was born. He told Aranya her name and fed her. Wishing to take Aranya out, Chen Ye left for training to become the next Archmage powerful enough to provide Aranya with a happy life. When he returned, Mo Ye was the one who took Aranya out of the snake pit. Later, Chen Ye attended a banquet in Heaven and Aranya got married, causing Chen Ye to distance himself further from her. After he became Archmage, Qing Hua forced an engagement between him and Ju Nuo, and Chen Ye avoided marriage by going into seclusion. He came out on Ju Nuo's execution day and realized that he no longer recognized the person Aranya had become. When he stayed at her manor, Chen Ye knew that Aranya was writing to him under someone else's name and was furious. However, he realized that he was in love with her when they went to visit Xi Ze. Later, Qing Hua came and asked him to help her crown Ju Nuo and Chen Ye agreed in exchange for Aranya's life. To avoid Qing Hua's suspicion, he requested a marriage with Wen Tian. Then, Chen Ye secretly went to see Xi Ze and asked him to take Aranya away to a safe place. Chen Ye passed his days in leisure until Xi Ze came to visit and told him of Aranya's death. Chen Ye was in denial and ran to the place Aranya died. He was prepared to die with her when Xi Ze appeared and said that there might be a way to resurrect Aranya. In anger and regret, Chen Ye caused Fan Yin Valley to fall into eternal winter to mourn Aranya's death. After that, he created Aranya's Dream.

The image in the Mirror than shifted to Heaven, 300 years ago, revealing the picture of comatose Dong Hua after suppressing the dark energy of the Miao Yi Hui Ming Realm (Hui Ming Realm). It is then revealed that Chen Ye was created from a part of Dong Hua's shadow to guard the Hui Ming Realm.

Before he could look into Aranya's past, Dong Hua appeared in front of Chen Ye and took Feng Jiu back. Upon seeing Dong Hua's renowned sword, Chen Yi recognized the former Master of the Universe and asked him to return Feng Jiu to him, but Dong Hua refused.

The Miao Hua mirror then revealed a picture of Feng Jiu meeting with the Lord of the Underworld, Xie Gu Chou, who told her of Chen Ye's existence. Feng Jiu asked him to create a soul out of half of her shadow, and send her to serve Chen Ye.

Finally knowing the truth, Chen Ye lost the will to live and the Aranya's Dream started to collapse. Dong Hua sealed Chen Ye and Aranya's soul into two trees to allow them to be together. Next, he summoned the Elderly Fairy guarding the Stone of Destiny to inquire about his fate with Feng Jiu. The Elderly Fairy said that originally, the two did not have a fate, but because of Chen Ye and Aranya's failed fate, they were allowed to meet to continue this fate. However, he warned Dong Hua that because he had inquired today, tomorrow, destiny could change. 

Thanks a lot..was able to understand episode 35 after this..will have to watch once again..

Thank you for this.  The only puzzle that I didn't understand was how Chen Ye came to be.  However, that ending isn't anything nice.  "The fact that he asked could change the fate".  It is a clear indicator of what is to come.  However, I do think both of them will fight for it regardless.  

I know that evil wench has to break free for her to finally get an end.  However, I remember seeing Dong Hua disappear and she crying. Sighs.

Side note, I am not trusting that dude of the west sea from the jump.  Something keeps bugging me about him.