Guys guys guys guys guys a teaser trailer for the movie JUST dropped and obviously I subtitled it right away and I am losing it!!! 

https://at.tumblr.com/lollipopsub/utsukushii-kare-the-movie-eternal-teaser-trailer/uomwvqlpei1b

I posted the subtitled trailer on my tumblr pls look oh my god 

It said it's being released April 7th, which makes me soooo jealous of you people who speak Japanese because you can watch it in a mere 3 months. I'll have to wait months more for the Eng Subbed versions to be released.  Viki is pretty fast, but it will still be too long for me to wait, lol.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that the actor playing Kiyoi's voice has gotten deeper in the 2 years since the first show was filmed?  The voices of guys that age really change a lot from their teens to mid 20's.  

Also,  thank you for subbing this Lollipop!

Thank you lollipop!!!!!!!!!!! I just woke up and now I have a BIG smile on my face!!Ahhhhhh can’t waitttt!!

Thank you lollipop!! :,) Augh, it looks so cute! The snippets of Kiyoi hugging Hira from behind and Hira feeding him especially! He looks a lot softer/sweeter than I was expecting. Can't wait for this!

Welp, I finished reading a google translate version of that Vietnamese version of volume two, and it was delightful, so very glad I got that! It was surprisingly legible, although of course is a hot mess when it comes to actual dialogue and any nuance, so I'm really hoping for proper translations of it sometime. And I'm also especially looking forward to the movie now and really curious if it'll follow it.

For funsies, a few of my personal favourite translations: Kiyoi thinking about his coworkers dissing Hira: "…Of course. People who use other people's boyfriends as the object of ridicule are halibut eyes."  And Hira talking to his parents: "But Kiyoi was behind her back pushing and supporting me. It's all thanks to Kiyoi. Mom, son, I'm putting chestnuts on a cake in the workshop right now. "  

Just popping up to say CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE  for the second season announcement as well. 

Hope to see everyone in the MDL page of the second season  when it will be released

This is the MDL page of the second season: https://mydramalist.com/746911-utsukushii-kare-season-2

I still can`t believe that now we have both a second season and a movie to look forward for Utsukushii Kare. 

I don`t have as much time as before to answer all the REPLIES, but i am replying to the important ones, and always being aware what happens in the thread. 

Really happy to see that this thread is stil alive and managed well even without my involement directly hahaha. 

I am so thankful to both Lollipop and White Lotus for providing updates on the translation of the novel and doing the best to translate the novels. Thankful to the other users who has provided important information as well. 

So proud of all of us. 

Ximmich:

Just popping up to say CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE  for the second season announcement as well. 

Hope to see everyone in the MDL page of the second season  when it will be released

This is the MDL page of the second season: https://mydramalist.com/746911-utsukushii-kare-season-2

I still can`t believe that now we have both a second season and a movie to look forward for Utsukushii Kare. 

I don`t have as much time as before to answer all the REPLIES, but i am replying to the important ones, and always being aware what happens in the thread. 

Really happy to see that this thread is stil alive and managed well even without my involement directly hahaha. 

I am so thankful to both Lollipop and White Lotus for providing updates on the translation of the novel and doing the best to translate the novels. Thankful to the other users who has provided important information as well. 

So proud of all of us. 

I have yet to calm down since the news came out yesterday!! And it’s premiering in a mere 3 weeks! 

In case anyone is interested, I will 100% be subtitling the second season as well, as I’m fairly confident I have joined forces with the right people to get the episodes fast. So I’ll see you there ♥️♥️♥️

Ahh, I'm so looking forward to it! And even more now that we'll get a Lollipop translation! Thank you! :D

Sooo happy!!!… can’t wait to discuss HiraKiyoi again with all of you!

I will 100% be subtitling the second season as well, as I’m fairly confident I have joined forces with the right people to get the episodes fast. So I’ll see you there ♥️♥️♥️

Thank you. Everyone will be interested in it, so thank you for taking care of this for us.   ♥️♥️♥️

Omg. I'm soooo excited. Can't wait for the movie 🥺❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Gogu:

?

What part didn`t you understand my dear Gogu. By the way seeing your username made me remember the old days hahahaa. 

I think you know that Utsukushii Kare will have a movie sequel which will be released in April 7 in Japan. 

Well, yesteday, they just announced that beside the movie they will also release a second season, which will continue the story from the first season. The second season is produced by MBS as well, has 6 eps and will be released in February  7. 

It seems they filmed for both the movie and a second season at the same time but they kept the second season news under wraps. 

My guess is that the second season will adapt the remaining content from Utsukushii Kare, maybe some extra short stories from Interlude and  some content from Nikurashii Kare, while the movie will adapt the remaining content from Nikurashii Kare.  

The second season will be a continuation from the first season and the movie will continue from where the second season ends. 

Hope i answered all your questions, if this is what you are referring when you have written the 

?