A few days ago a drama lover friend sent a message to my inbox (really sorry for my late reply?).
He/She asked about my interpretation of why this drama was named 'Love Like The Galaxy'. And here I will try to share my interpretation with all of my c-drama lover friends.
Please forgive me if the results are not very significant. Perhaps the other c-drama lover can help by join to sharing their side's interpretation too.

Love Like The Galaxy itself, has the original title; 

星汉灿烂,幸甚至哉

xīng hàn
星汉
(Milky Way / our galaxy)

星[ xīng ]star / satellite / small amount

汉[ hàn ]Chinese / name a dynasty

càn làn
灿烂
(to glitter / brilliant / splendid)

灿[ càn ]glorious / bright / brilliant / lustrous / resplendent

烂[ làn ]overcooked / rotten / soft

xìng shèn zhì zāi
幸甚至哉
filled with joy (quotation from poems by Cao Cao 曹操[Cao2 Cao1])

xìng

(fortunate / lucky)

shèn zhì
甚至
(even / so much so that)

zāi

(exclamatory or interrogative particle)

The galaxy contains the myriads of stars that create the brights of milky way.  We look at the stars from afar as something that we know is shiny and beautiful, but from our position, it is still unknown. We do not know what a star is really like or how we would feel seeing it from up close, -and yet- we still have the ability to find it beautiful.

Just like how NiaoNiao was to LingLing. Even though they don't yet know each other intensely, or even though there are many opinions around them that belittle and demean the girl, -but in Ling Ling's eyes- NiaoNiao always just looks outstanding gleaming and extraordinary impressive. Both exert a gravitational effect to one another, making them orbit each other.

Looking at a sky full of stars also brings us hope. It makes us realize just how gigantic our universe is, and how small we are in comparison. The realization of how small we are in this galaxy, leads us to think that there must be someone else out there who is great for us. However -in another side- all glittering things which the galaxy has showed to us in the vastness of the dark sky, it's as well automatically bring us curious, coz we cannot see specifically what is out there. All we can truly see is what we perceive, and that's something glorius sparkling and blazing awesome.

It's like when we started a new relationship, we are full of hope. And at the same time this new love is something we are curious about. Many questions will arise (especially for a girl like NiaoNiao, who grew up without knowledge about love, sympathy or empathy) what could happen? Is this partner going to become the love of my life? will this be the person create a life with? we are curious, and we want to know the inside and outs of everything even though we can't possibly know what will happen until it does happen. Love is unpredictable, and we can only hope that one day, it will be something beauteous in our life.

In fact, glitter bright things scattered in the galaxy, which we see, are not a solid thing whatsoever. They are made up of various gases that, when put together, emit so much energy that they can shine extremely brilliant and be seen hundreds of light-years away from the Earth. This is similar to love: Whenever we see couples that are made up of two people who fit so well together, then they will emit so much energy. When they unite, they brilliant up the entire room, and we can all feel it when in the same room. As if both can outsplendid the rest of us.

I think I also experienced this feeling when I watched NiaoNiao and LingLing couple together. They have done many things together with great success, for example;
Uncle Dong's gun smuggling case and money laundering at the Ge family's fabric factory, The incident at the Lantern Festival -where NiaoNiao saved LBY from the trick of Princess Yuchang, then LBY rescued NiaoNiao from a restaurant that was burnt-, The shu's map case at General Wang's residence, The Collapsed Bridge Incident, Insurrection in Hua county, The Yanhui tower rescue, The palace incident when NiaoNiao got bullied from the princesses and nearly fell onto the scattered pottery shards , etc. 

Even the most interesting thing was when on the first day of their proclamation of love, LBY silenced the words of rebuttal that would come out of 'Madam-Fierce' Xiao Yuanyi. And they finally made the princesses and princes flabbergasted, even making Princess Yuchang -who was yearning to own LBY by all means and tricks- fainted without any effort.

When two person being a strong couple, they will shine together with, coz both are aligned and work in unison. It is this movement of energy that makes both a strong and empowered couple that shines bright, just like the stars in galaxy. As we see just how bright the galaxy star shine, that's how a couple do in relationships should be.

At the moment that fallin in love, everything is seems brighter and resplendent like the galaxy in the dark sky. The colors shine more, and we see our partner as being the brightest person in the universe. They become the center of our universe too, and the spark we need on the darkest days.

The best love can offer is to be loyal to the one we're with. Even though we are thousands of miles apart, our loved ones will still be the brightest stars in the entire galaxy.

Galaxy is endless. Just as this universe has no 'beginning' and 'end'. So is true love, with endless sincerity. When stars explode, they will glow in maximum brilliant luminous, spreading the parts across the galaxy, forming the cores of new stars.

Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into the love. That is how galaxies are made.

I hope that the love story between Cheng Shaosang and Ling BuYi will be endless, beautiful forever. As beautiful as the twinkling of billions of stars and galaxies, as magnificent as a smoldering supernova. A love that will not die in the darkness. The darker the night sky, the more their love will be blazing brilliant.

I absolutely loveeed reading about your break down and interpretation of the novel's title. thank you immensely for your kindness in taking the time to share! :) 

kathleentheturtle:

I absolutely loveeed reading about your break down and interpretation of the novel's title. thank you immensely for your kindness in taking the time to share! :) 

❤u r welcome

I am watching this drama and it is incredible. It takes a lot for me to watch something with utmost attention and this one, well I am doing that.

Excellent post! To add, in regards to the meaning of Ling BuYi's courtesy name ZiSheng / Zi Shèng/ 子晟: the sheng part can mean splendor or brightness of sun. (Which also is a callback to the original Chinese title of the show - splendid galaxy, as well as when Niao Niao / Cheng ShaoShang says, ❝If the husband is the scorching sun that brightens the road for thousands of li away, then the wife would be the stars … the brilliant galaxy.❞)