I know dome is dating vee's sister, but they are kindling a relationship, I understand it's morally deemed wrong and I also know dome is only dating vee's sister because his friends got them together not because he was initially interested in her. I am not using this as an excuse to allow them to date, but just another reason that we are given. 

This couple gives me anxiety as if I'm the one afraid to get caught and I am like damn they are so fcking good together in acting and showing their feelings on screen, I would love another series with them in it. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this couple, I would love to talk about them

This is really one of those relationships that makes you question things. After all, life is not as easy as black-and-white.

For one thing, they haven't really done anything to constitute cheating so far/yet. Except maybe the hand-holding. In the beginning, they didn't even seem to realize the other had feelings. And then they started enjoying each other's company as like a guilty pleasure and/or without thinking. When they realized things were serious, and reciprocated - Vee shut it down (with a little reminder that his sister exists).

It's possible that it continues to be this way for a while, a bit of grey territory where they're not quite cheating, but it's not innocuous either. And in one of the trailers we see Vee admitting to his sister that he likes Dome, but hasn't done anything. So it's possible that this won't turn into a total cheating/secret affair. But it'll definitely be a mess either way.

Vee's sister definitely seems to like Dome, but Dome always seems impartial to her - even before he and Vee got close. I also got the vibe that Vee may have liked Dome from the start, and thus why he was unwilling to get close to him. So I don't think they're being intentional, just careless (but that doesn't mean I'm condoning them).

As someone who could never watch TGWM because I can't stand cheating, this couple has made me physically sick to my stomach starting episode 5. At first it was cute because it wasn't really cheating like y'all said, but as their relationship grows closer and closer, it really bothers me. What I hate the most is how mutual their feelings seem to be. Vee is following Dome around looking for a certain glint in his eye. After Dome touches him first, he starts massaging the inner part of Dome's leg later... And we all know where this is going. Unless they completely stop like they said at the end of ep 5, they get no respect from me. (is grayed out because its spoiler)

Of course, I am much more disturbed with Vee than Dome because that's your sister. I can't only focus on the romantic part of the show which is mostly what's shown. Because family is forever. This relationship with this guy... there's no way of knowing how long it'd last! Why would you risk your forever ally's feelings, trust, and sanity for this guy you barely know?

In my opinion, they try to desensitize the audience from the sister. She is not shown much because the more she's shown, the less romantic Vee and Dome's story becomes. It would become much more serious. If they also showed Dome and her being cute or Vee and her bonding, I think the audience would be compelled to be more disgusted, but of course, that is not the point of this show.

Now don't get me wrong.. there could be some sort of backstory or missing details that completely change the dynamic between these three characters, but I don't see anything like that happening. With where the show is at now, that's how I feel.

For me, I am tolerating the couple. I know my opinion is an unpopular opinion. I like the realistic portrayal of their couple. I am all for that, but the story is not for me.

I felt that Vee & Dome didn't understand their feelings for each other, or at least were in denial, until this episode (Feb 5). Now it's out in the open, so it has to stop or it's cheating. 

That shot of Dome against the railing across the atrium - that was one of the hottest things ever. That was perfection on the part of the actor, all the set design, the cinematographer, and the director. I didn't think you could hit that hard from so far away, but I felt all that heat.

AthenaTheStorierX:
This is really one of those relationships that makes you question things

That's what I am saying like the grey area and the unconscious feelings when you wake up and realize you keep wanting more. I haven't watched all the trailers, so the confession is a bit surprising but like someone else had mentioned them being similar to mondo and berry and I was like omg I would hope that wouldn't end up like this, but if he's confessing to his sister maybe we can get something out of the grey area. 

Jessica Brown:
Of course, I am much more disturbed with Vee than Dome because that's your sister.

Thank you for your blunt honest opinion, as someone opposite of it, I am falling into the trap of not seeing the harm being done, I do get the moments when they aren't staring into each other's eyes and the dark but sparkling music isn't erupting into cheers behind all of their scenes, I do see the damage vee is doing. I don't know why Vee took the first step that transpired them from black and white to that grey area as another had said, but I do admit dome fell and I think that since vee decided to in other words pick his poison he realized he messed up, but I doubt that's going to stop dome now. You are also right, there could be missing background information we don't have yet, and in regards to that, does it still justify if they end up together in the end? 

jpny01:

I felt that Vee & Dome didn't understand their feelings for each other, or at least were in denial, until this episode (Feb 5). Now it's out in the open, so it has to stop or it's cheating. 

That shot of Dome against the railing across the atrium - that was one of the hottest things ever. That was perfection on the part of the actor, all the set design, the cinematographer, and the director. I didn't think you could hit that hard from so far away, but I felt all that heat.

Because of that scene, I literally re-watched the whole show to focus on all the characters and am loving every second of it, they are all in the same facility but at different points of their lives or relationships, I think I am attracted to what's not right, and that attraction led me to vee and dome, but like I had mentioned mondo and berry, that disgusted me, sure vee and dome have chemistry and if they end up as a unit I wouldn't be mad, but at some point does this type of relationships in dramas or y series need to keep happening, personally I opt-out for "no" let them have a normal relationship one not clouded by infidelity but in other words, it's common in relationships. 

Who are Mondo and Berry? You keep bringing them up so I feel like I am missing something.

The only other extratextual reference we have in this discussion appears to be Together With Me (TGWM).

AthenaTheStorierX:

Who is Mondo and Berry? You keep bringing them up so I feel like I am missing something.

The only other extratextual reference we have in this discussion appears to be Together With Me (TGWM).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxYmg8CqCUg

and together with me, the series is a good comparison, I didn't even think about them but mondo and berry is a bl series where the mc mondo liked a guy but started dating this girl who wanted to date him, and turns out the guy he liked was the girl's brother Berry, and so after the brother breaks up with his cheating boyfriend, he starts liking his sister's boyfriend and actively pursuing him, this drama really messed me up deals with suicide and infidelity and coming of age and coming out situations but someone made that reference and it stuck with me because I was hoping that vee and dome wouldn't be another mondo and berry.

Tacenda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxYmg8CqCUg

and together with me, the series is a good comparison, I didn't even think about them but mondo and berry is a bl series where the mc mondo liked a guy but started dating this girl who wanted to date him, and turns out the guy he liked was the girl's brother Berry, and so after the brother breaks up with his cheating boyfriend, he starts liking his sister's boyfriend and actively pursuing him, this drama really messed me up deals with suicide and infidelity and coming of age and coming out situations but someone made that reference and it stuck with me because I was hoping that vee and dome wouldn't be another mondo and berry.

OH Mando and Barry - That's why my searches weren't coming up with anything. Yea I've steered clear of that series. It seems like they were pretty intentional with their situation unlike what we are currently seeing with Vee and Dome in my opinion. Korn and Knock were also intentional, but I give them a tiny little more leeway considering how Plern was superstitious, manipulated, gaslit, and blackmailed to keep her way even before they did anything. Plern and Knock were toxic - and it took Korn coming into the picture for Knock to realize that. TGWM 2 is completely different story and I hate everything about it.

Vee and Dome, at least so far, don't appear to be actively pursuing infidelity. Vee started off just being mischievous/teasing, not at all thinking that it would make a difference with Dome. And then they both kinda enjoyed the silent guilty pleasures they would sneak in here and there without the other knowing (the stares, the close contact while doing standard stretches, etc.). And then they realized it was reciprocated and began to get carried away with the knowledge that "hey, he feels the same way too." Then the sister came in and reminded them that there was more than just them 2 in this situation - thus leading Vee to shut it down. 

Please don't get me wrong. It's still wrong. And I just know that this is going to hurt everyone - especially the sister (assuming she actually cares for Dome and isn't just going through the motions like Dome appears to be). I don't condone cheating at all - trust is one of my core values in a relationship. That's why I am hoping that Vee continues to try and shut this scenario down and push for them to go down an honest path (because I do root for them as a couple, Dome seems much more engaged with Vee than he has ever been at the notion of Vee's sister).

AthenaTheStorierX:
OH Mando and Barry - That's why my searches weren't coming up with anything. Yea I've steered clear of that series.

Yeah, I wasn't warned about the series and just decided to watch it because of the actor that played mondo, but it's something I would never watch again. when you mentioned Korn and knock, it seems with relationships of this type shows try to cast the woman involved or in between the two guys to be the evil one and I have seen a lot of fans complain about this even with the new show coming out the unforgettable I believe is what it is called, that went out of their way to cast the ex to be female instead of male as it was in the book and now making the female the evil person of interest, I tend to dislike when shows do that. So I hope that they give the sister some great character development going on and I hope that vee does admit this. I am ashamed to say I want them as a couple and prefer them to date, this is due to the fact that we don't know much about the sister and I would love for her to have more screen time to actually broadcast their relationship. 

Yea, I really hate how they tend to villainize female characters so much. So I hope they won't here, especially since she is Vee's sister. And I hope she gets her own happy ending.

And lol, I was close to watching because of Mando's actor as well - but by dabbling into a few trailers and clips, I knew I wasn't going to like it.

Well, the forbidden is always alluring - and in tragedies sometimes the characters can't stop themselves. In the case of a romantic fantasy with a happy ending (and there BETTER BE), they can't do anything until the situaton changes and it's no longer wrong. To me that means Dome breaks up with Vee's sister and she gives her blessing. If she's a fujoshi, it's probably better for her anyway since it's not easy to find couples that cute to squeal over.

In a long-term relationship, even when you're in love, there will always be temptation and people you find attractive (but not at the beginning or there's a problem) - the sccret to fidelity is avoiding situations that tempt you. That's what they've agreed to do.

In the case of a repressed gay man, it's kind of horrible, because you may love and respect your girlfriend, but you'll never feel romantic love for her like you can for another man. It's like being in prison. It is not easy for many people to break up with someone you really care about when you know they love you and they'll be hurt and angry.  

Oh Mando! Was a train wreck. That young man was so far in the closet because of past pain. He and Barry caused more harm then good. 

In this case, I feel like Vee loves and cares for his sister. Dome seems to like her as well, but you can't deny the chemistry Vee and Dome have. In my opinion, I would be okay if Dome was single for a bit, to give the sister and Vee time to really discuss this. At the end of the day, they are still siblings and I would hope that the relationship they have mattered more to them then a possible relationship. I am assuming they have a good brother /sister relationship. 

Side note: Although I love a messy plotline, so I am good either way. 

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I tend to enjoy grey-area types of storylines, so the Vee/Dome dilemma is interesting to me. I really like how the show is handling the angst of liking someone but also knowing that it isn't possible. Also, maybe this is just me but I also feel like the show is handling it with relative sensitivity.... instead of actually having an affair and adding a ton of (unneeded) drama to the plot, they are dancing around each other in that grey area, and that adds to the anticipation for me. I'm really curious to see how they handle things moving forward.